MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Jannik Nielsen
does the new version come with wifi sleep policy fix?

i dont have any problems with mine atleast, im using the r4 fixes from paul and the circle battery mod only :)

Guest masi0
i dont have any problems with mine atleast, im using the r4 fixes from paul and the circle battery mod only :)

r u saying that r4 sleeps wifi after 15 minutes correcly? can u confim?

Guest schlehmil

Hi Paul,

great work. Baked the rom without titanium backup. Installed the version from the market. But it complains about not having root permission. :-/ Ideas?

>> cleared data cache and now it works

Cheers

Thilo

Edited by schlehmil

Guest Jannik Nielsen
r u saying that r4 sleeps wifi after 15 minutes correcly? can u confim?

my wifi sleeps when i turn the screen off it seems :)

i just tried pinging it from my pc, and after 10-20 seconds i get timeouts

Guest masi0

thanks mate! just cooking r4 at the moment :D

Guest liamstears
Yeah, he has a lot more in there than the build prop, i'm investigating...

P

Theres no need to investigate paul i will quickly explain what I did:

I took the standard build.prop from DJ Droid rom and then just copied and pasted the build info from shadowfrost rom as that was the closest rom to my mouse lol

EDIT: Also im sure you noticed I missed a line and thats why it says unknown software number lol

Edited by liamstears

Guest masi0

i am not sure how u did it but seems it does not :D

Guest seaders

thanks for the updates, Paul, we all appreciate the amount of effort you put into these ROMs!

is everyone still getting the green ting from camera shots with Flash on?

Guest drvdijk
I get an error message after install r4 wip

com.htc.bgp

Search this thread, a couple pages back, for com.htc.bgp and you'll find the solution

Guest Dale Taylor

Cheers for the updates Paul :) Like the idea of having Wireless N on me phone.

Do any one know the code you dial to get proper statistic of the wifi connection? Do use it the other day but cant remember what it was or where i got it :-/

Guest norm2002

Sorry for my silly question. I have upgraded from my Modaco r3 rom I baked a couple of weeks ago to the new r4 (with a wipe). My previous rom had the Android Keyboard with the microphone, which was great as well as the Touch Input keyboard. The Android Keyboard does not appear in my new baked rom. How can I get it back, please?

Guest EddyOS
Sorry for my silly question. I have upgraded from my Modaco r3 rom I baked a couple of weeks ago to the new r4 (with a wipe). My previous rom had the Android Keyboard with the microphone, which was great as well as the Touch Input keyboard. The Android Keyboard does not appear in my new baked rom. How can I get it back, please?

That was a modded keyboard - you can get it from XDA

Guest klutsh

The file /system/usr/keychars/bravo-keypad.kcm.bin is corrupt, should be 896 bytes, but is only 32.

AccountAndSyncSettings.apk is also missing, this may fix the facebook sync error - testing soon seems to have fixed it for me.

English UK is still not enabled (Fixed by adding it to /system/customize/CID/default.xml)

Edited by klutsh

Guest smentalist

Anyone had problems with 720p video? Starts OK but after a few seconds it locks up and reboots phone. Just had a brief look through this thread and cant see any mention about it.

Sment.

Guest HugoQueiriga
Anyone had problems with 720p video? Starts OK but after a few seconds it locks up and reboots phone. Just had a brief look through this thread and cant see any mention about it.

Sment.

Make sure you install the new radio, as it needs it for 720p!

Guest klutsh

Sment.

You need the Radio too.

Has been mentioned a few times.

Guest klutsh
After installing this, I get stuck at "quietly brilliant".. Is there any way to fix my device?

Just re-flash r4 refresh.

The framework file included is not patched from the one in this rom, so causes problems.

Edited by klutsh

Guest DiscoHero

Ok, spent some more time using the refreshed ROM.

My build is Sense-less (w/o Sense/Rosie and some other HTC fluff) and I noticed the following:

- The constant sync issues to be still present and appears to be somehow connected with FB for HTC. Since disabling FB for HTC sync I haven't had constant sync problem.

- Google's News/Weather App+Widget can't acquire current location or any location for that matter. I've tried searching for a few cities and constant fail with no search results. Kind of an issue since I don't have Sense's widgets in my build.

- WiFi disconnect on sleep, as other reported, doesn't happen to me. At least I haven't noticed when I was using WiFi as slept the phone a few times.

- HTC IME works fine for me, but I only use it when entering text in languages other than English/Spanish w/ auto-correct turn off. Otherwise, Swype all the way.

- Have made Titanium Backup of all protected apps, so market is an issue at the moment.

Guest marshmellowman
You need the Radio too.

Has been mentioned a few times.

just a little side-bar question, anyone know why the radio update fixes this? why does the baseband have anything to do with the camera?

Guest klutsh
- The constant sync issues to be still present and appears to be somehow connected with FB for HTC. Since disabling FB for HTC sync I haven't had constant sync problem.

From my test it seems that an APK is missing, causing FB sync issues.

- Have made Titanium Backup of all protected apps, so market is an issue at the moment.

You need to change a line in build.prop

ro.build.fingerprint=htc_generic/htc_bravo/bravo/bravo:2.2/FRF85B/4:userdebug/test-keys
needs to be
ro.build.fingerprint=htc_wwe/htc_bravo/bravo/bravo:2.1-update1/ERE27/155070:user/release-keys

This should enable protected apps.