MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest klutsh
just a little side-bar question, anyone know why the radio update fixes this? why does the baseband have anything to do with the camera?

Although it's called a radio, it actually has control details of ALL the hardware in the device.

Guest kaziem
Just re-flash r4 refresh.

The framework file included is not patched from the one in this rom, so causes problems.

I reflashed r4 refresh from clockworkmod recovery... but it didn't help. I'm still stuck at that screen. What's the procedure now? Thanks for your help

Guest marshmellowman
Although it's called a radio, it actually has control details of ALL the hardware in the device.

oh right i never knew that, makes sense though if it controls all the hardware

Have just done a custom 'bake' via the online kitchen with 'Sense / Rosie' and 'HTC IME' removed as I don't like the stock Sense interface and prefer the default Android keyboard. Unfortunately removing the 'HTC IME' doesn't mean the default one is used instead, and it means no keyboard is installed - well this is what I figure happened.

now doing another custom install with 'HTC IME'...

Also found that despite removing Sense, that the lock screen isn't stock Android. :D

Appreciate your hard work as usual though Paul. Thanks :)

Guest Noonski

Even with a Ful Whipe I keep getting com.htc.bgp errors after clearing Data.

Settings >> Applications >> Manage Applications >> All Applications >> Agenda / Calendar Clear Data >> Agenda/Calendar storage Clear Data >> Contacts Clear Data >> HTC Contacts Clear Data >> Facebook for HTC Sense Clear Data >> Gmail Clear Data >> Open Sense Plugin Manager Clear Data

Edited by Noonski

Guest kaziem
I reflashed r4 refresh from clockworkmod recovery... but it didn't help. I'm still stuck at that screen. What's the procedure now? Thanks for your help

I followed the steps to re-root the device, except I flashed r4 again and it worked.. thanks!

Guest FatherD

Paul .. great rom, just waiting for a better fix for paid market apps .. but that can wait, i am sure you are very busy dude :)

Is it possible to get a 'wake on trackpad' hack, I had one for the r21 Rom (I think) ... anyone?

Cheers in advance

Guest dedreiix

So,

I´ve just sucessfully upgraded my Desire from Modaco 3.1 to R4 from this thread.

Almost everything seems to be fine with one exception:

I can not 'disable" my internet connection...

I usualy used to activate my internet connection via extended controls widget. It toogled it on or off. Worked perfectly.

Now I can activate the internet connection via this widget, but I cannot disable it; The symbol of the widged shows the connection as offline, but in the taskbar I can still see that it is active and in the settings it is still active too.

Maybe I´ve just configured somethign wrong? If I did so, could you please help me? :)

cheers

dedreiix

Guest radshag

Great job paul on the refresh. I have noticed that the sync circle flashes in the status bar haphazardly for no reason. I have auto sync and background data off. I didn't see this as an issue in the first r4 ROM

any ideas.

Thanks,

Guest LouiS22
The file /system/usr/keychars/bravo-keypad.kcm.bin is corrupt, should be 896 bytes, but is only 32.

AccountAndSyncSettings.apk is also missing, this may fix the facebook sync error - testing soon seems to have fixed it for me.

English UK is still not enabled (Fixed by adding it to /system/customize/CID/default.xml)

Hm, can't find a way to add AccountAnd...apk into rom... First option was to add as a zip before baking the ROM. Created a zip with system/app/.apk and .odex but the bake didn't start, just a couple of parsing error messages. Any ideas?

Guest Sharmankin

I can't add own applications at rom. I.e. I add zip a file to the kichen, the same that added earlier, but in a downloaded rom, my applications is not present

Guest Drefsab

cool update, been waiting to see a sense froyo FRF91 combo, one question though would it be possible to get a de-odexed option and the theme mods like the circle battery coloured icons of pays 2.1 rom? I felt that rom looked the best but its not updated yet :)

Guest rameses

I have just reflashed the r4 update and all is working smoothly. One new thing I've noticed is an 'update all' in the Market. Lovely :0)

I reflashed it on top of the previous version with no wipe, but it did initally get stuck on the 'quietly brilliant' boot screen. I pulled the battery and on the next restart it was fine.

What I'd really like is the black boot screen with the peeping Android, which I think was in Noonski's update - can anyone advise how to add it (I'm still getting to grips with this Android lark).

Guest FatherD
I have just reflashed the r4 update and all is working smoothly. One new thing I've noticed is an 'update all' in the Market. Lovely :0)

I reflashed it on top of the previous version with no wipe, but it did initally get stuck on the 'quietly brilliant' boot screen. I pulled the battery and on the next restart it was fine.

What I'd really like is the black boot screen with the peeping Android, which I think was in Noonski's update - can anyone advise how to add it (I'm still getting to grips with this Android lark).

I have done this before.

Have a look around the forums for the 'bootanimation.zip' of your choice, download it, do not unpack it.

Get your phone into recovery with usb plugged in.

go to your AndroidSDK/tools folder (of course this means you must have AndroidSDK installed!!??)

open a command window in that folder and type:

adb shell mount /system

adb push C:\path to bootanimation.zip /system/customize/resource

adb reboot

Hope this helps.

Guest Jannik Nielsen

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2817797/Black_bootscreen_Noonski.zip

an edit of Noonski package, containing only the bootscreen

tested by myself a few minutes ago :)

Edited by Jannik Nielsen

Guest ZiCoN

Did you go into advanced in clockwork and format dalvik also?

I did:

Advanced - format dalvik

(back)

wipe cache partition

wipe system/data

flash the rom from SD

let it finish

reboot

and your off...

Guest xTc is loVe

Great Paul i always fall back to your ROM´s !

PLease keep up the GOOD work and let the ROM odexed =)

We know the best performance from your ROM´s and a odexed ROM is faster =)

Have just re-installed, this time with 'HTC IME' and the keyboard now shows up - which I'm sure will be an obvious statement to most of you! :)

Noticed that all the 'Sense' crud is back and the keyboard is the awful HTC one though. :D

The file /system/usr/keychars/bravo-keypad.kcm.bin is corrupt, should be 896 bytes, but is only 32.

AccountAndSyncSettings.apk is also missing, this may fix the facebook sync error - testing soon seems to have fixed it for me.

English UK is still not enabled (Fixed by adding it to /system/customize/CID/default.xml)

I hope I didn't miss something else, but it look like this issue pops up more often, not only in Facebook.

I just tried to add a google apps account next to my normal google account (using one for emails and contacts and the google account for market)

Only in the modaco rom its not working right now and accountAndSyncSettings.apk does sound like the app what is responsible for multiple google accounts in one android phone :-)

BR

phlo

Guest Dyason

Nothing Paul can do I think but the new Froyo messaging app has an annoying problem.

When you reply to an existing message and click the input area it hides the keyboard and shows the keyboard. Annoying in swype when you want to correct a word. Anyone have any idea to have the keyboard always on or hideable with the menu key. This silly problem doesn't happen when you do a new message only when replying.

Guest klutsh

Here's the files I've used to fix the 3 issues I've faced with this rom.

inside is

• AccountAndSyncSettings.apk (odexd)
  • bravo-keypad.kcm.bin - Correct size
  • Enable of UK English - Does not force it, just enables the option

I've signed the zip so just flash from recovery.

Wipe of Cache & Dalvik may be needed.

This is ONLY for use with the 12/Jul r4 WIP refresh

12_Jul_r4_WIP_refresh_OwnFix.zip