MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Subject Delta
i already got that problem... My SU is 2.2.2. LOL.. Dont remember how i got it...

The damn message didnt go away... But it didnt happend all the time... Just sometimes... I reboot the Desire and sometimes it gets stuck, sometimes it does not...

For me, it doesn't happen when the process launches at boot, it only happens when you initialise the app and it first requests root privileges.

Guest nollie

Turns out the problem I was having with the HTC IME keyboard force closing was just due to the incompatible with FroYo version I had installed. Now everything is pretty much running smoothly.

Guest EricGolan

So far Best Rom ,

Everything seems to be working to me ,

Wireless works perfect even better then previous Roms,

APN works OK, after using APN Backup and Recovery to recover my APN's

Exchange works perfect,Gmail the same

Fast As hell even boot is quicker :D

Widgets , i wish WaveSecure was free :) i didnt bake it , so no idead how it works,

im not sure what to expect more ;P)

Guest lpachuong
So far Best Rom ,

Fast As hell even boot is quicker :P

Widgets , i wish WaveSecure was free :) i didnt bake it , so no idead how it works,

Can anyone please share the rom :D I can't download it.

Guest tatey2457

You'll have to wait for the pre-bakes...or spend some money and sign up for a ad free account if you want early access to paul's wonderful roms.

Guest peetah

Anyone on a telstra handset have problems with 3g? Couldn't get HSDPA.

Also had problems installing keyboards but will try a wipe first.

EDIT:

Needed to wipe before I could install my own keyboards. If I didn't, I couldn't select them, it would only use the default keyboard (one with no hide keyboard button).

Did a nandroid restore back to 2.1 and HSDPA working again in the office. Was hoping I just wasn't getting HSDPA in the office but looks like I do.

Edited by peetah

Guest sucramco
Can anyone please share the rom :) I can't download it.

Subscribe, and you can play. It's fair that you have to wait. It's well worth it, also it shows appreciation for the hard work that has been put in to the Desire by Paul. You will not be disappointed.

Guest ragflan
So far Best Rom ,

Fast As hell even boot is quicker :D

EricGolan, I'm having the same experience with the ROM. Just a question. No problem with photos when taken with flash? I get the green tint problem. Looking through previous posts for fix.

EDIT: I did apply the new radio in the kitchen the with r4. I didn't select it with r4 refresh. I did a full wipe before installing r4 refresh. But I checked the 'About Phone' settings of the phone and the radio is the same. Hmm.

Edited by ragflan

Guest Abra Cadabra

Hi All,

Loving this ROM particularly after the refresh yesterday. Have a couple of questions for those with more experience:

1) How can I replace the HTC dialer with the standard Froyo dialer.

2) How can I get the standard Froyo keyboard rather than the HTC vesion or modified HTC versions.

If I can get those two this ROM would be absolutely perfect for me.

TIA

Guest klutsh
Does anyone have any ideas how to add additional custom locales? (or maybe import them from 2.1?)

Look for MoreLocale2 I think its in the Market

Edited by klutsh

Guest tk1978
Hi All,

Loving this ROM particularly after the refresh yesterday. Have a couple of questions for those with more experience:

1) How can I replace the HTC dialer with the standard Froyo dialer.

2) How can I get the standard Froyo keyboard rather than the HTC vesion or modified HTC versions.

If I can get those two this ROM would be absolutely perfect for me.

TIA

question 2 is what i wanted to know, too. only disable it in the kitchen is not so cool, because i have no keyboard after that :)

thx!

Edited by tk1978

The file /system/usr/keychars/bravo-keypad.kcm.bin is corrupt, should be 896 bytes, but is only 32.

AccountAndSyncSettings.apk is also missing, this may fix the facebook sync error - testing soon seems to have fixed it for me.

English UK is still not enabled (Fixed by adding it to /system/customize/CID/default.xml)

/system/usr/keychars/bravo-keypad.kcm.bin has actually only been 32 bytes in every Desire ROM HTC have produced.

P

Guest mitrix
Anyone on a telstra handset have problems with 3g? Couldn't get HSDPA.

Hey Peetah I think this is because the rom doesn't include any HSPDA logos. Maybe check with the speedtest.net app to see if your speeds are 3G or not.

Also I'll check next time I know i'm somewhere that has really good telstra reception and report if my HSDPA isn't working either.

Guest peetah
Hey Peetah I think this is because the rom doesn't include any HSPDA logos. Maybe check with the speedtest.net app to see if your speeds are 3G or not.

Also I'll check next time I know i'm somewhere that has really good telstra reception and report if my HSDPA isn't working either.

Thanks, I'll try some speedtests when I get home before I try reflashing froyo.

Guest afiorillo

Hi Paul, have you any guess about the music player stopping after any multimedia sound (notification, call ring, navigation voice, etc.)? I have to resume the playback manually (using A2DP headset).

It's the only glitch I've found in this ROM.

Thank you! :)

Edited by afiorillo