MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest klutsh
/system/usr/keychars/bravo-keypad.kcm.bin has actually only been 32 bytes in every Desire ROM HTC have produced.

P

Fair enough, Although looking in DDMS an error is produced regarding that file, it then proceeds to default to using qwerty.kcm.bin

Guest masi0
Updated.

P

Changelog

r4 WIP refresh

• Included stock LatinIME keypad
  • Added UK locale at startup
  • Other minor fixes

Great!:) Any chance to fix wifi sleep policy?

Guest HugoQueiriga
Standard keyboard will be in the next upload.

P

Please also keep the existing keyboard as an option, it helps with us dual/triple language writers/speakers.

Please also keep the existing keyboard as an option, it helps with us dual/triple language writers/speakers.

Both keyboards are included now.

P

Guest HugoQueiriga
Both keyboards are included now.

P

Thanks Paul!

The new Keyboard comes in handy, it was one of the features I liked on my previous iphone.

I have found a issue with battery, I don't know if it is the rom with the percentage mod or the battery. But the battery goes from full to 82% as soon as I remove it from the charger.

Guest brosk

I am loving this mod more and more. Pretty stable, I managed to fix my linked contact profile pictures by removing the facebook sync account 4-5 times and reapplying it and it worked at last.

The location fix from the previous refresh is working fine, but the weather widget is only saying "Sweden", I think this is more related to the widget. It used to be like this before the official HTC OTA update a while ago too. Don't know if this widget is supposed to include that, since with the update it used to say which city you're in too.

Guest HugoQueiriga
I am loving this mod more and more. Pretty stable, I managed to fix my linked contact profile pictures by removing the facebook sync account 4-5 times and reapplying it and it worked at last.

The location fix from the previous refresh is working fine, but the weather widget is only saying "Sweden", I think this is more related to the widget. It used to be like this before the official HTC OTA update a while ago too. Don't know if this widget is supposed to include that, since with the update it used to say which city you're in too.

I found that if you add the widget again, and you select current location it fixes it.

At least it did for me :)

when will prebakes be available?

any updates for nexus with sense please?

thanks

When i've finished testing and tweaking.

Nexus with Sense is being prepared alongside this.

P

Guest LouiS22
Updated.

P

Changelog

r4 WIP refresh

• Included stock LatinIME keypad
  • Added UK locale at startup
  • Other minor fixes

Paul, could you please be a more specific with other minor fixes (does this include the missing AccountAndSync.apk Klutch pointed out last night)? Thank you!

Guest gandalfmuaddib
Paul, could you please be a more specific with other minor fixes (does this include the missing AccountAndSync.apk Klutch pointed out last night)? Thank you!

Just cooked a ROM, and it appears that the AccountAndSyncSettings.apk is indeed in the latest kitchen.

One thing though, the build.prop still appears to use the Sense 2.2 original fingerprint? Does this mean that several apps will be missing? Still haven't flashed it, will try and update after doing so.

Guest Noonski
Thanks Paul!

The new Keyboard comes in handy, it was one of the features I liked on my previous iphone.

I have found a issue with battery, I don't know if it is the rom with the percentage mod or the battery. But the battery goes from full to 82% as soon as I remove it from the charger.

same here it went from full to 90% but only happened once and I also have the Circle Battery percentage mod.

Checked the system battery statisctic and it also says 90% procent.

Guest rovex

This ROM is excellent. The only thing i miss is the UVOC kernel i was using with MCR3.1 because my Desire was 100% stable and noticeably smoother at 1.27ghz.

The only thing is i cooked a ROM without wavesecure and i wiped the phone, but i still have it. I didnt clear the ext3 partition though so im guessing its in there? I cant uninstall it.

EDIT: Forget that, i can i just needed a reboot to allow it.

Edited by rovex

Guest Jwalk

Hi Paul,

Installed this yesterday and cant describe how satisfied I am with it. Great work and cant wait to see whats coming next :)

to my question, Arabic Language is partially supporten in Froyo after it not being supported at all (letters show as rectangles). with partially supported I mean that letters always appear seperated, while in arabic letters sit together.

I have seen that someone managed to fix this on the Nexus one, http://code.google.com/p/arabicandroid/ , is there anyway to get this to work with this ROM or even better include it in the Language section in the online bake funktion?

Thankfull for a Replay.

EDIT: I installed the following file http://www.mediafire.com/?yxjg4nfn15m and now I have full Arabic support for those that might be interested. I did not notice anu issues so far. Will post here incase somthing comes up.

Edited by Jwalk

Guest brosk
I found that if you add the widget again, and you select current location it fixes it.

At least it did for me :)

Sorry that didn't help, tried removing it and putting it back again with no avail.

I think there is still some issues with the location despite the refreshes. Since when I run the "setup" app again and go through the wizard. When it gets to the part "set current time" it says "Unable to detect your current time zone. Please tap below to set time and date".

I just fixed the 'missing apps' in the kitchen. For some TOTALLY random reason I commented out the wrong line in the build.prop. It must have been late. :)

P

Guest mrshark
I just fixed the 'missing apps' in the kitchen. For some TOTALLY random reason I commented out the wrong line in the build.prop. It must have been late. :)

P

does wifi tether work with this rom?

Guest Nephisto
same here it went from full to 90% but only happened once and I also have the Circle Battery percentage mod.

Checked the system battery statisctic and it also says 90% procent.

I'm also having issues with battery after charging. Seems like it stops at 83% after i disconnect the charger.. Had it for two days in a row. ( charged whole night while sleeping )

Guest tk1978
I just fixed the 'missing apps' in the kitchen. For some TOTALLY random reason I commented out the wrong line in the build.prop. It must have been late. :D

P

:)

Guest Sharmankin

Greetings, Paul. I have written here before, but nobody has answered me. I cannot include the files in rom...

I do a correct file zip. This file has been integrated in r3.1. Without problems.

Answer please when there will be a possibility will add own files again it is accessible for r4?

Edited by Sharmankin

Thanks, I'll try some speedtests when I get home before I try reflashing froyo.

You could also install the here linked fix for WLAN-N and HSDPA-Icon including the Circle battery-Icon.

Worked for me just fine.

Hi Paul, have you any guess about the music player stopping after any multimedia sound (notification, call ring, navigation voice, etc.)? I have to resume the playback manually (using A2DP headset).

It's the only glitch I've found in this ROM.

Thank you! :)

Yeah i have that problem too with a normal wired headphone.

I'm also having issues with battery after charging. Seems like it stops at 83% after i disconnect the charger.. Had it for two days in a row. ( charged whole night while sleeping )

For me it has gone up to 99% after beign uncharged fully one time.

Maybe the new rom has to somehow calibrate the battery?

Don't know, however it works for me now.

Edited by fooX