MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Noonski
It seems to me that the very last R4 WIP (including new radio) suffers from the battery issue that occured in the very first R4, but not in the R4 versions in between.

I explain myself: I fully charged the battery up to 100%, but when I unplugged the phone the battery indicator felt directly down to 94% :angry:

Just wok up to the 10% drop after Charging 100%. I am using circle battery BTW.

I put it back on Charge back to full and then it starts the countdown correctly.

I've had troubles on synching with gmail contacts on all the r4 roms I've used. Earlier it wouldnt sync and now it seems to be syncing all the time. The syncing circle is present all the time in the top and also when I go under settings and syncing...

Anyone else with this problem?

I've wiped the phone before installing.

I find Either Google Calendar or Contacts also being stuck after a reboot I force stop syncing and after that it doesn't get hung.

I tested the battery drop at night a i lost 1% in standby in three hours, pretty good indeed. (before I found Screebl was sucking more energy than it would eventually save)

Just flashed the latest... only have 1 error so far the BGP process gives an error with each application I start. I can forceclose it and it doesn't come back after that...

Check my post at http://android.modaco.com/content-page/313...nse/page/1280/#

To see if this get's rid of your BGP error.

Will this also remove the HTC dialer ?

You'll run into problems if you remove the htc fialer this way, it has been reported that the dialer can't be replaced yet without errors and Force Closes else where. So as far as i know Klutsh also hasn't removd the dialer yet. He intends to thought.

It might be a drag to start from the beginning with reading but almost anything can be found reported, explained or maybe even fixed in the thread. Take the time read it.

Edited by Noonski

Guest Spellcaster Lukian

My phone has been unplugged for 3hrs and the battery is still 100%! (Using it while researching for this post, it's just fallen to 99%)

Wifi was left on (I assume it sleeps). 29% cell standby, 29% wifi, 27% phone idle, 12% system, 3% display.

Previously on R4, I'd see a decay of about 1% per (half) hour, with the first 20% disappearing very rapidly &

an actual usage time as low as ~5hrs, I'm yet to determine the improved usage time, if any (Battery Info app estimates 6hr50min web surfing, 400h idle).

I did a wipe between R4 and the latest R4 refresh flashing the new radio (32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08),

also since this latest flash, I'm using A2SD+ with a Class 6 card, my apps were restored using Titanium Backup.

I also rebooted multiple times after flashing/restoring apps/data.

Perhaps the improvement is due to enhancements in the new radio?

(Off-topic, my speed pi performance is approx 3x better than the stock ROM)

Edited by Spellcaster Lukian

Seems a little nippier so far which is cool; but I hope this isn't just me thinking it because so many people are saying it's quicker :angry:

I've found no other bugs so far apart from the 'Settings > Connect to PC' crash each time.

Guest Lohot

Using the latest version of this ROM and almost everything is working well for me.

I have two small issues, though, that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread and thought I would pass along.

They have both been present on every version of this ROM (and DJ Droid's one too).

1. The hands on my clock face (using the HTC widget) keep disappearing. Don't know why this is happening, but the only solution I have found is to remove the widget from the screen and then add it again.

2. For some apps, when I try to update them in the market, they download fine but never start to install. They remain on my app list as ones that I am downloading (even though they are at 100%). Again, have no idea why this is happening and the only way I have found to fix it is to cancel the download, uninstall the app in question, and then install it again from scratch.

If anyone has any idea why these glitches are occurring and how I could perhaps fix them, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks again for a great ROM, Paul!

Guest ZiCoN

Hmm... Paul's been very quite today. I'm still on the previous version and the battery time on that is the best I've had since I got the phone.

I thought I saw something about the new radio shouldn't have anything to do with the sudden drain, but what could it be then?

Looking so much forward to see the 2.06 released as MCR :angry:

Cheers

Guest bdormael

A small bug I found:

When using the music application via Bluetooth, when turning off Bluetooth connection (eg. turn of my car), the currently playing song

resets back to the beginning.

Very annoying when listening to Podcasts from over 1 hour.

Guest rveupen

I can't seem to get the R4 to work.

I have downloaded a new zip 3 times now but my device doesn't get past the white screen with htc displayed in green. I don't even get to see Quietly Brilliant.

All the downloads are with A2SD+. Could this be the problem.

I also format the sd card with in the recovery meaning in the order that I am presented with...swap, ext and rest fat32

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by rveupen

Guest Von Ropen

As much fellows my battery drain... I unplugged the charger this morning an when I finish my breakfast the battery had 10th % less... in others previous roms that does not hat happen....

Guest Noonski
A small bug I found:

When using the music application via Bluetooth, when turning off Bluetooth connection (eg. turn of my car), the currently playing song

resets back to the beginning.

Very annoying when listening to Podcasts from over 1 hour.

You should check Mort Player for Audio Books. It's made to remember where you stop playing Longer Audio Files.

And Mort's a long time player in the Mobile World, so he deserves some support.

As much fellows my battery drain... I unplugged the charger this morning an when I finish my breakfast the battery had 10th % less... in others previous roms that does not hat happen....

Read it's a known issue for some people.

I can't seem to get the R4 to work.

I have downloaded a new zip 3 times now but my device doesn't get past the white screen with htc displayed in green. I don't even get to see Quietly Brilliant.

All the downloads are with A2SD+. Could this be the problem.

I also format the sd card with in the recovery meaning in the order that I am presented with...swap, ext and rest fat32

What am I doing wrong?

Use this guide for formatting:

http://androidandme.com/2009/08/news/how-t...ndroid-apps2sd/

And then use recovery to upgrade the EXT2 to EXT3.

Edited by Noonski

Guest Bol2riz
Seems a little nippier so far which is cool; but I hope this isn't just me thinking it because so many people are saying it's quicker :angry:

I've found no other bugs so far apart from the 'Settings > Connect to PC' crash each time.

I've that crash too, and I've noticed not having anymore the USB notification to switch between usb modes.

Guest Tomdibom

The latest ROM is really draining my battery. I lost about 50% in 7 hours without doing anything like calling, surfing etc. and without changing anything between the updates.

post-709811-1279281198_thumb.png

Guest Diggedy
2. For some apps, when I try to update them in the market, they download fine but never start to install. They remain on my app list as ones that I am downloading (even though they are at 100%). Again, have no idea why this is happening and the only way I have found to fix it is to cancel the download, uninstall the app in question, and then install it again from scratch.

If anyone has any idea why these glitches are occurring and how I could perhaps fix them, I would be most appreciative.

ive been getting this glitch ever since I rooted so I dont think its the rom. I only get it if I set away multiple downloads at once so the best bet is to do one at a time. the other option is to use a file manager and go into sd/download and you will see all the apk files that have been downloaded and you can install them from here without uninstalling the original

Edited by Diggedy

Guest klutsh
Working on 2.06 don't worry. :angry:

P

Is it just me or is Froyo's Apps2SD broken in 2.06?

Also get FC's when trying to Format a MMC

Guest djk314

Ok now installed since 4 days, and updated, tweaked and modded (circle battery, blackexpresso theme). This rom is excellent as before. Battery life is enormous, can get 6 hours divx video on rockplayer beta, 9 hours standby eat less than 1% etc.... Very fast and stable, used unrevoked and clockwork to flash. Wiped cache/data and Dalvik, Data/app (on sd) was not wiped and my apps from old 2.1 release and was all theire (no reinstall only data restored), just a little restore with titanium and it worked like a charm. Is it possible to use base to mod some part and release it to public (like include blackexpresso, circle battery, another bootanimation, remove launcher2) ? Or i think you should create a more open Kitchen Paul ? Thank's for this great rom and nice Kitchen.

Guest manesha
ive been getting this glitch ever since I rooted so I dont think its the rom. I only get it if I set away multiple downloads at once so the best bet is to do one at a time. the other option is to use a file manager and go into sd/download and you will see all the apk files that have been downloaded and you can install them from here without uninstalling the original

Me too, usually have to clear the market cache and try again to finally install it.

Guest mmorselli

Maybe the difference in battery usage can be the GPS, that in this rom is not so clear to see if activated or not ?

GPS is a first battery drainer...

Guest Von Ropen

When I was on Android 2.1 there was a stupend option that was made a copy of your data on the phone. It make a copy of accounts, WiFi passwords... etc but not in this new 2.2 update. I go to settings, ptivacity and backup an it is marqued, but if I change Rom after wipe the Android backup does not work as in 2.1. But with froyo for desire is not possible. It only happens with this Rom. When I flash f21 I really have a copy of this data. Somebody have same issue cause it is very annoying....

Guest Matchstick

I'm finding I'm having poor battery life not least as the wifi doesn't seem to be turning off after 15 minutes .

Are people who are finding the battery life to be very good either not using wifi, manually turning off wifi when not needed or using something like juice defender ot locale to automatically turn off wifi ?

Also back at the problem of calendar widgets etc being blanked out after a reboot I've found I can (reasonably) reliably replicate the problem by switching the USB connection to Disk Drive. (I also see the same problem switching back from disk drive to HTC Sync or Charge Only mode - switching between Charge Only and HTC Sync is Ok hence my comments about this being related to the SD card)

None of the widgets are mounted on the SD card using Froyo App2SD and if I delete and readd the widget while still in Disk drive mode the widget works fine but there is obviously somethign screwy going on here which seems to be related to how the desire handles the SD card.

Edited by Matchstick

Guest tk1978
When I was on Android 2.1 there was a stupend option that was made a copy of your data on the phone. It make a copy of accounts, WiFi passwords... etc but not in this new 2.2 update. I go to settings, ptivacity and backup an it is marqued, but if I change Rom after wipe the Android backup does not work as in 2.1. But with froyo for desire is not possible. It only happens with this Rom. When I flash f21 I really have a copy of this data. Somebody have same issue cause it is very annoying....

same here

Guest rveupen
You should check Mort Player for Audio Books. It's made to remember where you stop playing Longer Audio Files.

And Mort's a long time player in the Mobile World, so he deserves some support.

Read it's a known issue for some people.

Use this guide for formatting:

http://androidandme.com/2009/08/news/how-t...ndroid-apps2sd/

And then use recovery to upgrade the EXT2 to EXT3.

Could not formatting the SD card in the correct order really be the freeze at htc screen problem?

Edited by rveupen

Guest djk314
I'm finding I'm having poor battery life not least as the wifi doesn't seem to be turning off after 15 minutes .

Are people who are finding the battery life to be very good either not using wifi, manually turning off wifi when not needed or using something like juice defender ot locale to automatically turn off wifi ?

I'm using juice defender to turn off wifi on sleep, but i use a lot wifi more than 3G and i don't have any battery drain problem, like i said i never saw that on a smartphone, 9h/1% on sleep O_o