MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest warrie
I've checked re: A2SD and I don't see any obvious reasons it shouldn't work. Could you check you have '40a2sd' in /system/etc/init.d?

P

its there. But i also checked the symlink @ /data and there is no symlink set to EXT.

Messaging app is bugged as well. Graphic is kinda strange

Guest dreamdealer

can confirm native apps2sd++ does not work (not for me anyway):

ls -l /data

dalvik-cache -> /system/sd/dalvik-cache

app-private -> /system/sd/app-private

app -> /system/sd/app

not showing from adb. sure it will be fixed soon.

--> edit bit: see your onto the situation..

Edited by dreamdealer

Guest MacCarron
Holy crap! Me too!

Investigating...

P

I am not a big expert, but it almost looks like some files inside the framework-res and stuff have been misnamed, maybe in the original leak itself :angry: :D

Edited by MacCarron

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

Guest Chura

i didnt make a restore yet. no wipe either.

i've checked via recovery and 40a2sd is in place.

How can i check the error on boot ? i've tried adb logcat while booting and i see nothing.

I am not a big expert, but it almost looks like some files inside the framework-res and stuff have been misnamed, maybe in the original leak itself :angry: :D

Nah, it's not that. I've fixed it I think...

P

A2SD is not working for me either...

@Paul - When do you think we get HTC Sync in R5?

Thanks,

Robert

HTC Sync is in R5 by default. What's gone is the option to remove it. :angry:

P

Guest Diggedy

I know you probably dont need anyone else piping in but just to add to what other people are saying I did a full wipe including dalvik cache but a2sd+ isnt working for me either

Guest rveupen
also autoinstall ?

Sorry no auto install...but it show all the apps you want and you just have to choose install for every app.

Beats looking them all up on the Market

Guest Chura
Sorry no auto install...but it show all the apps you want and you just have to choose install for every app.

Beats looking them all up on the Market

I'll get the donate ver of titanium.

Guest sanfran
HTC Sync is in R5 by default. What's gone is the option to remove it. :angry:

P

Ok, that's strange - there is no option anymore when I connect to the USB port... where do I find the sync?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Edited by sanfran

Guest Blackfish79
Ok, that's strange - there is no option anymore when I connect to the USB port anymore... where do I find the sync?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

disable the "select at connect" option and set the standard to "connect as hdd" then you can change it by the statusbar (options translated from german)

Rebake and the Messaging client issue should be fixed.

Will investigate the A2SD and News widget issues in due course.

If anyone can logcat the boot process with A2SD enabled, that may help!

P

Guest kingqueen

Thanks ever so as ever for your work Paul.

Bug reports

R4

• UK O2 MMS isn't working. Deleting and re-entering the APN settings doesn't help. "General network failure" every time I try and send an MMS. It's saving me money! but is frustrating. On all refreshes
  • Probably not your ROM but Android Agenda + widgets are fundamentally broken

R5

• The Chinese? Japanese? origin of the ROM is apparent on bootup until language selection scheme
    • The MCR Script application doesn't work correctly - it doesn't show the market speedup script. On copying and pasting the contents of the script into a new one in it, it runs but crashes at attempting to copy the preferences file off the SD card. So no market speedup - which is a killer error for me I'm afraid, so I'm going back to R4.

Guest sanfran
disable the "select at connect" option and set the standard to "connect as hdd" then you can change it by the statusbar (options translated from german)

There was no option anymore to select, only USB debbuging in the statusbar - I just do now fresh wipe (did already before) and try it again .....

Thanks,

Robert

The MCR Script application doesn't work correctly - it doesn't show the market speedup script. On copying and pasting the contents of the script into a new one in it, it runs but crashes at attempting to copy the preferences file off the SD card. So no market speedup - which is a killer error for me I'm afraid, so I'm going back to R4.

Fixed, redownload!

P