MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Flashed the new rom

And my phone application is not installed?

HELP

Hopefully you should be able to wipe using clockworkmod and then re-install.

Guest ourfear

i found a problem just now..

in a room without mobile signal, change phone language from chinese to english, after while.. change back to chinese... phone hard reboot when sense ui reload...

Guest OJNx8g

Will/does this ROM still suffer from the echo problem? With FRF91 the speakerphone mode is unusable owing to echo (the other person hears themselves). It also seems to be a problem when not using speakerphone, but with the volume turned up beyond 1/2 way.

Guest salahag
Really happy to have Froyo with Sense, one thing I have noticed is that there is no "Facebook for HTC Sense" (synchronize with contacts).

Thanks Paul

Can more people confirm that "Facebook for HTC Sense" is missing? I've noticed it was missing in previous MCRs as well.

Paul, why? :) :D

Guest western

Very nice Work! Thank You :D

I flashed your ROM over a modified DJ Droid ROM ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=720917 ) without a wipe, all works fine so far.

In this modified ROM Wifi-N was working perfectly, after flashing your ROM i had to set my Router back to mixedmode :P

Is there a chance to get WiFi-N as an option in your kitchen?

With a OCUV Kernel and Wifi-N your ROM would be the best of all!

Please, think about it Paul. :)

Guest dancedreamfly
Can more people confirm that "Facebook for HTC Sense" is missing? I've noticed it was missing in previous MCRs as well.

Paul, why? :) :D

I have Facebook for HTC Sense.

Guest shotten99

You know, I just noticed that Spareparts doesn't have anything about a2sd anymore.

everything else seems to be pretty good!

Guest dee163

Please help!!!!

I restore my phone to original rom .Phone application works with original rom

Then root and test the same app and it works.

Installed this new r4 rom and I am still getting the phone application not installing.

What am I doing wrong

Today I found a bug.

On the home screen the phone app is noit installed, if I enter the section where all the apps are listed the phone app works..

I have tried evrything from wipin g to reinstalling .

PAUL please provide assistance

Edited by dee163

Guest kamidadevil

Is bluetooth headset working properly, coz I am using DJdroid ROM currently and I am unable to use my bluetooth headset neither for music nor for phone calls.

Guest EmDzej
Is bluetooth headset working properly, coz I am using DJdroid ROM currently and I am unable to use my bluetooth headset neither for music nor for phone calls.

I've tested mine yesterday and it did :)

Guest EmDzej
Is there any way to 'unflash' a zip? I've just installed the HSDPA and coloured icons update but I don't like the different colours on all the icons?

I guess no. You should get used to using nandroid :)

Guest EmDzej

Have onyone found any fix for the network location issue, or we just have to wait till monday?

I've searched XDA but found nothing interesting there :)

Guest redroom

Installed this ROM over 3.1 and having no problems at all at this moment. All my apps that i had installed are still on it so that's great.

Guest CF Chong
Is there any way to 'unflash' a zip? I've just installed the HSDPA and coloured icons update but I don't like the different colours on all the icons?

Simple...just flash back the r4 ROM without wipe.

Guest Madeli

I really like this ROM! Seams much more stable and faster then DJ Droid... sure, there are small buggs to fix. But overall this works perfect! Thanx Paul! :)

Guest ninja.rogue

I don't have any APN available for VODAFONE IT.

Tried to add web.vodafone.it and worked.

Still NO MMS. Tried to insert mms.vodafone.it but it didn't work. Anybody here can help please?

Guest rameses

Just installed with no wipe on top of r21 and got Force Close on nearly every app.

Did a wipe and reinstalled and all is well, even Google Goggles appears to be working which it didn't on r21.

Only thing I'm missing is a working version of the Nexus One 3D Gallery. I've installed the apk, but it FCs everytime.

Thanks again Paul (and everyone else involved) for your work here.

Guest Han-Droid

1st flash after mcr 3.1:

BEFORE install SD-Card had fake-flash and kitchen rom r4 on it. plus all the dirs necessary for r3.1 (DCIM....) - meaning I didn't format the sd-card leaving only update.zip (fake koush) and my cooked r4.

AFTER Flash: SD-Card seems to be reformatted (was fat32), ON *EVERY* reboot Desire says "You can now remove SD-Card" ??!? WTF....?

Astro File Explorer cannot list SD-Card (was: "/sdcard", now: "/mnt/sdcard"

However, sd-card seems to be empty and/or inaccessible MAKING it impossible to run Titanium or other backups (backups were stored on HDD before).

Did wipe everything before.

Should I've cleaned everything on Card except the update.zip and r4.zip ??? Was that my mistake ??

UPDATE:

checked sd-card: hardly any space left, must have caused it.

removed some mp3 and re-flashed everything. SD-Card Message disappeared :-)

Edited by Han-Droid