MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Chura

Paul, The hebrew fonts on the kitchen is no longer required because its built in the Froyo.

Thanks for helping us all they way, Thanks!

When I try to use the Phone app (via the phone icon on the main Android launcher on home screen) I get the message "Application is not installed on your phone".

I tried a reboot / fresh bake and re-install, but same error, along with now not being able to install apps...

EDIT: I also get the Chinese language initially when setting up, but that's not a show stopper :angry:

Edited by Jez_

Guest Mondaro

i just get stuck on the very first HTC logo screen .... still before "quietly brilliant" ... cache + dalvik-cache wipe don't help either ... factory reset does ... damn, i hate do set everything up again and again :/

@ Paul : nice rom though, seems very fast and stable

Guest Eduardo Oliveira
Same problem. No market for me...

Ops, problem solved:

I delete market speedup fix in MCR Scripts and wipe again. Now it works!

PS: I dont sure if delete the script is realy necessary...

Guest Chura
134MB after reboot

how come i have 64mb (after installing many appz, but i have A2SD+) ??

found that i have 75m used at /data/data

Whats located there ?

Guest klutsh

I'm seeing lots of permission and Dalvik errors in the current r5.

A quick fix for the market install seems to be delete /system/etc/init.d/02cachedalvikcache

This will not fix installing of Google Sky Map as that tries to install to SD and that appears to be broken in 2.06 (All versions)

Edited by klutsh

Guest warrie
I only have Google Sky Maps Failing now.

just watched on the net and that skymap error should be related with our APP2SD or something. It tries to install itself to SD. Just unmount your SD-Kart (put it in Data transfer for example) and install from market. Works fine then.

Guest Eduardo Oliveira
I only have Google Sky Maps Failing now.

Went through my all installed applications list cleaned up a few incorrectly uninstalls.

Went back to Market and Sky maps installed and opens also,.. Weird.

Nice I have 151MB Free with the Diet my Device is on ATM.

Me too. "Google Sky Map - Installation unsuccessful". Other apps are fine.

Guest mickb1982

Hi, I am new to all this and I'm a little confused.

I succesfully rooted my Desire yesterday and I have installed r5 of this rom. The problem I am having is with Apps 2 SD. I have tried moving a few apps to sd but the option is always shaded out so i cant click on it. I have tried with maps and imobsters and most of the programs that come with the rom but I cant copy any of them to SD. I have tried installing App2SD again using part 6 of this guide http://nimbu.amorvi.com/2010/05/how-to-root-your-htc-desire/ but that didnt work either. I have formatted my SD card using Paragon Partiton Magic 9, I have got the main part of the card as FAT32 and the remainding partition as Ext 3.

Is there a way to make it so that I can move my programs to the SD?

If not is there a differnt Rom I could use or another program?

Thanks

Mick

Guest lambrospower

hey why is the notification menu for changing USB Mode removed in r5 ???? i cannot change from charge only to disk mode etc....can i re add it ?????

Guest eugenea
I have some MAJOR graphical glitches inside the messaging app on r5..wiped and reflashed twice to be sure..anyone else?

edit: added screens

snap20100716210043.th.png snap20100716210038.th.png

+1

Yeah, it`s very weird :angry:.

R5 - GPS stop working to :D

Guest The_IMF
hey why is the notification menu for changing USB Mode removed in r5 ???? i cannot change from charge only to disk mode etc....can i re add it ?????

+1

I would go back to r4 but to be honest I use my internet browser 60% of the time I use my phone and the web browser on r5 is finally smooth! I hated the lag on r4.

Market working fine for me. Can't see any issues apart from the lack of connection type when plugging into a PC...

Guest Nicke

Its interesting to see how many different problems people have. How come?

Did you all wipe, included the radio and so on?

I can change connection type and browse my sd card from my computer without problem.

My only problem that i know of is the broken native a2sd..

Edited by Nicke

Guest andy76q
When I try to use the Phone app (via the phone icon on the main Android launcher on home screen) I get the message "Application is not installed on your phone".

same here, hope to see a update with stock dialer included..

Guest The_IMF
same here, hope to see a update with stock dialer included..

Working fine here... although I upgraded straight from r4 to r5. No wipe.

Only lost the USB options when connecting to a PC.

Guest kaziem

I think I found a bug. If you install Math workout lite from the market with r5 the device will reboot to "quietly brilliant" screen without any warning.. can anyone confirm?

Guest dancedreamfly
is it just me or the kitchen is not baking custom apps and settings into the ROMs ???

Same here, baked in a zip and none of my customizations appeared.

Guest The_IMF
I think I found a bug. If you install Math workout lite from the market with r5 the device will reboot to "quietly brilliant" screen without any warning.. can anyone confirm?

Installed fine. Ran fine... 10 seconds later it rebooted me!