MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Tuche

Hello,

i have been using this rom and i am loving it. I am using one from the earlies r4 refreshes.

I have wondering if some one could give me instructions on how to upgrade from an earlier refresh to the latest refresh (r5).

Installation

To install this ROM:

Ensure you have are able to launch the custom recovery image (see 'requirements' above)

Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card

Restart your device in recovery mode

PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU

Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card

Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

r5 WIP refresh

Entirely rebuilt on 2.06 leak

More packaging optimisations

Removed HTC sync from kitchen (breaking USB connect) and Exchange 2010 fix (causing booting issues)

r4 WIP refresh

Patched AdFree app in kitchen

Updated Radio from 2.06 leak

Jbed Java option

Stock Clock option

Removed 'Learn More' icon

r4 WIP refresh

Stock LatinIME keypad now optional

HTC style lock screen now optional

build.prop fix (this IS already live)

Stock Android MMS app now optional (replaces HTC Messaging app)

Stock Android Gallery 3D app now optional (runs alongside HTC Gallery app)

Superuser 2.2.2 update

Now showing 'H' icon for HSDPA areas

r4 WIP refresh

Included stock LatinIME keypad

Added UK locale at startup

Other minor fixes

r4 WIP refresh

Network Location fix

launcher2 phone icon fix

WiFi N patch as per liamstears findings

FRF91 Stock Froyo APN settings

r4 WIP

Rebuilt from scratch based on 2.04 Froyo leak

App odexed to save space on /data

Updated various applications

r3.1

MCK kernel 1.1 included

Fixed issue where governor would lock to userspace instead of OnDemand, locking the device to 768MHz (WTF!)

Added gr0gmint's R2 JIT as a kitchen option

Is there a way to keep all my settings ?

Can some one give me a step by step to keep all my settings, please !?

Guest saisquare
Any chance of Chinese support (HTC CIME) for the kitchen?

Try to search it in setting. No extra cime apk in this build. Handwriting is already included.

Setting ->language and keyboard -> touch input -> international keyboard

After that press the 'En' in left bottom corner, u can change to cime

Was happy with r4, cause handwriting is missing in r5

And also default Chinese is also missing in locale on r5, need to install more locale instead

Guest RODNiC

Updated from r4 to r5 - no wipe

Runs smooth, battery seem better then MCR3.1 and dare to say that 3G is faster or get better reception..

Bugs I came across:

Apps from market doesn't install or even update

And since I removed the HTC lock screen, I had no way to switch off the Alarm. Had to PowerOff the mobile

Guest EricGolan
Updated from r4 to r5 - no wipe

Runs smooth, battery seem better then MCR3.1 and dare to say that 3G is faster or get better reception..

Bugs I came across:

Apps from market doesn't install or even update

And since I removed the HTC lock screen, I had no way to switch off the Alarm. Had to PowerOff the mobile

Exact same problems

Morning all! (zzzzz). A lil update for you before I have my breakfast. :angry:

P

Changelog

r5 WIP refresh

• Update to fix market install issues

Guest Original_Illium

Have I just woken up in bazaro world? Either I've missed something entirely or Froyo doesn't support HTML email!? Seriously I can't get HTML email to work however if I re-burn Modaco's R3.1 back to 2.1 (or whatever) it works!

Guest Spellcaster Lukian
Morning all! (zzzzz). A lil update for you before I have my breakfast. :angry:

Go enjoy your breakfast, so you can give us shiny new updates for the rest of the day!

I believe the messaging app graphical glitches haven't been fixed yet? (I'm still using a really good R4 release)

Edited by Spellcaster Lukian

Guest lambrospower
Working fine here... although I upgraded straight from r4 to r5. No wipe.

Only lost the USB options when connecting to a PC.

just flashed r5 and i also can't use usb when connected to pc, no popup. any workaround?

i have this issue too.....what's causing it ???

Guest encrypt

I've updated without a wipe from r4 to r5 and I lost all my applications... they were on the phone's memory... any suggestions? I guess I should wipe..

Guest rovex

One thing i find helps no end is to use 'Fix Permissions' in ROM Manager . It seems to fix all my force close issues. r5 is now smooth as silk for me

Go enjoy your breakfast, so you can give us shiny new updates for the rest of the day!

I believe the messaging app graphical glitches haven't been fixed yet? (I'm still using a really good R4 release)

Should be... I fixed these yesterday evening.

P

Guest urrie
Working fine here... although I upgraded straight from r4 to r5. No wipe.

Only lost the USB options when connecting to a PC.

Same here.

Guest MightyOne

Broken USB is caused by removing the HTC Sync option. had this problem in R4. open "Connect to PC" option in Settings Force Closes. I had to install HTC Sync option in R4. Sadly Paul had to remove the option from the kitchen. (njot sure if it is in R5 by default now)

Paul keep up the good work!

Guest tinyk

I flashed this twice last night and even re-backed but A2sd+ was not loading on both occasions all apps were missing that were on the partition. When I flashed back to the R4 from the day before everything came back to life working OK except one problem. Now when I boot up I get a message saying Gmail was not working correctly and needed to force close, I get this every time I run it.

Is there any way I can install Gmail app again without flashing the whole lot, I obviously need it working to get my mail?

thanks

Broken USB is caused by removing the HTC Sync option. had this problem in R4. open "Connect to PC" option in Settings Force Closes. I had to install HTC Sync option in R4. Sadly Paul had to remove the option from the kitchen. (njot sure if it is in R5 by default now)

Paul keep up the good work!

It's included by default.

Just plugged in my R5 device and I DO get the 'connection options' popup. For those having issues, do you have 'Ask Me' selected in Settings -> Connect to PC?

P

I flashed this twice last night and even re-backed but A2sd+ was not loading on both occasions all apps were missing that were on the partition. When I flashed back to the R4 from the day before everything came back to life working OK except one problem. Now when I boot up I get a message saying Gmail was not working correctly and needed to force close, I get this every time I run it.

Is there any way I can install Gmail app again without flashing the whole lot, I obviously need it working to get my mail?

thanks

You could try going into settings -> Applications and clearing data for the Gmail / Gaccount related options?

P

thanks

Did you download before or after I said i'd fixed A2SD/+? :angry:

P

Guest urrie
It's included by default.

Just plugged in my R5 device and I DO get the 'connection options' popup. For those having issues, do you have 'Ask Me' selected in Settings -> Connect to PC?

P

"Ask me" was on, switched it off and connected it to PC again, its working now....thanks!