MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

@Paul,

AdamG over @XDA has confirmed what I was thinking.

Biggest problem with this 2.06 base rom is the Kernel /dev isn't being created correctly

This is also the cause of Froyo's Apps2SD failing to move apps to SD

source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=656

Klutsh, I added a 'R4 kernel rollback' option to the kitchen in case you want to test this!

P

Guest daniozzo83

@paul:

hi paul....

i think i founded a little bug:

i see adobe flash 10.1 installed, but it couldn't be uninstalled (even it can't be eventually updated) cause it's not showed in market...

i've a question too:

if you made another release (r5 wip next i think) i can update without wipe from actual r5 wip? do i lose something or is it better i save all of my data(i use mybackup pro do u suggest titanium? ) and wipe all?

thank you for your job....

Guest MightyOne
It's included by default.

Just plugged in my R5 device and I DO get the 'connection options' popup. For those having issues, do you have 'Ask Me' selected in Settings -> Connect to PC?

P

Checked it but 'Ask Me' is selected, when I DE-select it en set de default action to Disk Drive it actually works and I can change the wanted option in the notification bar. with 'Ask Me' checked it sits there doing nothing on USB cable insert.

The other thing is I'm missing the 'FM Radio' widget as well.

Battery is brilliant, i'm not sure if it is the ROM or UltimateJuice :-) after 6 hours of use it is still on 92% :-)

Guest Arthur Hucksake
no offence mate but which radio rom are you referring to that worked better? i may be interested to try it out.

The radio bundled in this refresh is actually working better for me as far as battery is concerned, than anything else that i've had. I used to have 32.37.00.32U_4.06.00.16_2 earlier on MCR 3.1.

The radio I seemed to get a battery problem with was 32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08. The one I have gone back to is 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04, and testing some more for now.

Got a problem when I connect USB now, doh! Not getting option to select disk drive, charge only, sync etc and it is set to Ask Me in the options.

Guest ErwinV
I added a 'R4 kernel rollback' option to the kitchen in case you want to test this!

Paul, it appears this does not solve the issue. Sky Maps still fails to install...

Edited by ErwinV

Guest ErwinV
Paul, it appears this does not solve the issue. Sky Maps still fails to install...

However, when I revert back to a full r4 rom (latest before r5) it all works fine again :angry:.

Guest Jagdish
The radio I seemed to get a battery problem with was 32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08. The one I have gone back to is 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04, and testing some more for now.

Got a problem when I connect USB now, doh! Not getting option to select disk drive, charge only, sync etc and it is set to Ask Me in the options.

Its not a radio related issue its a problem with the 2.06 leak...

Edited by Jagdish

Guest gubacsek

Hi! Maybe i'm too stupid, but I can't find any downloads. Could someone please give me a link? Or there are no prebaked roms? I would like to try this :angry:

Thanks in advance!

Guest zoltar99

Hi Paul,

I have been enjoying an r4 WIP refresh Rom cooked from your kitchen. I have one problem and I wonder if it might be caused by the radio. From time to time, I seem to completely lose network signal, sometimes right in the middle of a call. The first time it started to happen was when I upgraded radio to 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04. The only way to have stable signal is to select GSM only in the network. If i select WCDMA only or GSM/WCDMA auto I seem to get this problem from time to time (sometimes a few times a day). Then I upgraded to 32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08 and I seem to have the same problem. I used to have a stable signal before, so I am wondering what could be causing all of this, the rom, the radio or could it be all of a sudden a problem with the network signal in my area? I am on Three network UK.

Guest EricGolan

keyboard is working once again :angry:

setting-application-running apps- keyboard checkmark anysoft and woalla , working once more :D

Guest Attitudes
Hi! Maybe i'm too stupid, but I can't find any downloads. Could someone please give me a link? Or there are no prebaked roms? I would like to try this :angry:

Thanks in advance!

There is no prebakes up for r4 and r5, but its worth paying to support paul on hes greate work on this rom's, then u can use the online kitchen to bake your roms :D

Guest plantoschka
Also Chrome to phone doesn't work anymore, so maybe the problem is elsewhere.

Chrome to Phone works fine on me.

Using R5 WIP Refresh.

Guest masi0

Paul: thanks for massive rom making r5!! great job!!! rom is absolutely smooth and stable

- wifi 15 minutes policy is working with 2.06 rom - must be some issue with 2.04 kernel

- titanium backup is working when installed busybox on the first run

- got 39.5k in linpack

the only one fcn thing i have no idea why does not work is when i am downloading google sky map from the market it says that the installation was unsuccessful :angry: weird :D

battery usage is great as in all your roms - approx 1% per 1.5 hour with edge, email sync every 30 minutes, pulling weather, fb, twitter - good job!

Guest mattrey

iv got a big issue with mine its really really frustrating after either i make a phone call or it just randomly turns off wont come back on always gotta do a battery pull :angry:

Guest warrie
Paul: thanks for massive rom making r5!! great job!!! rom is absolutely smooth and stable

- wifi 15 minutes policy is working with 2.06 rom - must be some issue with 2.04 kernel

- titanium backup is working when installed busybox on the first run

- got 39.5k in linpack

the only one fcn thing i have no idea why does not work is when i am downloading google sky map from the market it says that the installation was unsuccessful :angry: weird :D

battery usage is great as in all your roms - approx 1% per 1.5 hour with edge, email sync every 30 minutes, pulling weather, fb, twitter - good job!

for Google Sky Maps just unmount sdcard (use data transfer mode @ PC) an install it from market. Works fine. i Think this has something to do with our APP2SD

Guest masi0
for Google Sky Maps just unmount sdcard (use data transfer mode @ PC) an install it from market. Works fine. i Think this has something to do with our APP2SD

hope this is only happens with this particular app if not it might be good to ask Paul to investigate