MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Still waiting on those Prebakes, Paul, what's goin' on? :angry:

The ROM is still being developed and frequently updated... when it's ready the prebakes will be online.

The WIP topic is basically an insight into beta testing during my dev process that wouldn't otherwise be possible.

P

Guest FatherD
Still waiting on those Prebakes, Paul, what's goin' on? :D

Hi muskie, I think Paul has answered this before .. not to quote directly, but, he has stated along the lines of: no pre-bakes until he moves it out of WIP status.

I would imagine this will take some time as there may be several more beta leaks before anything official comes out of HTC. So, with Paul's generous, hardworking efforts we will see more increments in the kitchen only. If I were you, I would go adfree, and bake like Mrs Beeton .. well worth the money! :angry:

EDIT: FatherD is way too slow at typing!

Edited by FatherD

Guest kaziem
hope this is only happens with this particular app if not it might be good to ask Paul to investigate

Nope, like I said some pages ago it also happens with Math Work Lite as well... as someone else stated it might happen with ALL apps that are designed to be installed directly on SD instead of the internal memory

Guest HearThatVoiceAgain
Still waiting on those Prebakes, Paul, what's goin' on? :angry:

I agree with Paul's stance on this. Once prebakes are out they get used by the less tech savy who are less able to cope with unexpected results. There is also a great increase in the number of questions and complaints for Paul to deal with. Of course anybody can have access to the kitchens for a reasonable fee, but that fee does act as a barrier that you have to have a bit of dedication to cross.

Guest Diggedy
ok, how are people finding this?

is it ready for prime time?

am looking for a 2,2 rom to move to (using mcr 3.1 at the mo)

since pauls latest fixes im yet to encounter any bugs, but then I dont use every feature that other people are. To be honest though, its probably the most stable and fully featured froyo rom available atm even if it is a WIP (they all are really). I always want the latest software but I use my phone daily so I wont go so far as to use an unstable rom and im happy with r5

Guest Kushan

Weirdly enough, as time goes on, the initial bugs I had with this rom seem to be disappearing. Now even Wifi seems stable, but a good overnight usage will be the real test.

Guest Jannik Nielsen
anyone else getting chinese writting when connecting USB 'usb-"chinese writing"' then asks for pc connect, etc?

i dont get anything at all when i connect my usb, but i can select usb if i enter via settings -> connect to pc etc

Guest tommo123
since pauls latest fixes im yet to encounter any bugs, but then I dont use every feature that other people are. To be honest though, its probably the most stable and fully featured froyo rom available atm even if it is a WIP (they all are really). I always want the latest software but I use my phone daily so I wont go so far as to use an unstable rom and im happy with r5

thanks mate :angry:

will give it another week or 2 then.

Guest ZiCoN
anyone else getting chinese writting when connecting USB 'usb-"chinese writing"' then asks for pc connect, etc?

Nope, but I do on initial boot from wipe...

Guest dedreiix

The actually ROM works perfetcly for me with just one exception: I still cannot use my phone on the cigarette-lighter-adapter in the car while chargin. It still unmounts my SD card when I plug it in.

Has anyone else problems like this or maybe a solution for me already? :angry:

Guest Ajthescot

i had the same thing after flash, but after a reboot all is english

Guest Diggedy
The actually ROM works perfetcly for me with just one exception: I still cannot use my phone on the cigarette-lighter-adapter in the car while chargin. It still unmounts my SD card when I plug it in.

yes but I turned off debugging and it stopped doing it

Guest dreamdealer

Every sense 2.2 rom so far I have a major problem with the phone heating up and reboot looping during heavy usage like for example copilot. Strangely it doesn't do it during playing 3d games just intermittent times. Everything will be normal then it gets warm for some strange reason. Under 2.1 everything is fine no problems exist, I was wondering if anyone has had this problem or is it just my phone, currently back on 2.1 but have a sneaky feeling that when the 2.2 official Europe rom comes out I think I am going to suffer the same fate. :angry:

Guest DiscoHero
Weirdly enough, as time goes on, the initial bugs I had with this rom seem to be disappearing. Now even Wifi seems stable, but a good overnight usage will be the real test.

Fewer and fewer issues, if any at all with the last refresh. Battery life is an issue though even with light phone usage. Not sure what can be done about the latter. In either case, this is probably the best Froyo Desire ROM and it is only getting better.

Guest Noonski

Same here, i have a minimum setup and even remove more afterwards and i'm also not having most of the issues mentioned by others.

Sky maps wouldn't install but after cleaning out a few apps that where mentioned as installed in Android Application manager, but weren't actually installed any more (Due do many succesfull R4/R5 WIP next and refreshes) and suddenly Sky Maps installed.

Funny thing is that when it wouldn't installed it said Upgrade and after cleanup it just said install, weird.

Going away to the woods for a week, but the R5 ROM's stable enough for me.

Yup also seen this one, and also ones it started in chinese (when i did a wfull whipe to test)

Edited by Noonski

Guest mmorselli

Search for "mount" or "auto mount" in market, there are many programs and widgets, free and not, to mount sd when plugged, even dual mount is possible

Do you have DoubleTwist installed? That could be auto mounting your SD if so.

P

Guest tk1978

flashed new r5 with market fix in. but still have strange things, that the app is 100% downloaded but it won't get installed.

Edited by tk1978

Guest plantoschka
flashed new r5 with market fix in. but still have strange things, that the app is 100% downloaded but it won't get installed.

Have the Same Issue.

Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Think all Froyo Roms have this Issue at the moment.

Guest MRvandalay

tried the new 16/jul r5 WIP with r5 kernel and after r4 kernel and still cant move apps to sd... i use native froyo a2sd , i also used mod install location and set it to external but that didn't help.

i red over at xda that the new kernel is cusing this... so if anyone knows the solution please share :angry:

thanks Paul for your great rom, hope to see optical trackpad wake option soon :D

Edited by MRvandalay

Guest bhu73

had this with google sky. mounted my sd-card as disk drive and then it installed fine.

Guest bhu73
tried the new 16/jul r5 WIP with r5 kernel and after r4 kernel and still cant move apps to sd... i use native froyo a2sd , i also used mod install location and set it to external but that didn't help.

i red over at xda that the new kernel is cusing this... so if anyone knows the solution please share :angry:

thanks Paul for your great rom, hope to see optical trackpad wake option soon :D

likewise, could not get the default app2sd to work.

I suspect could be becuase i did not have my sd.card set up right.

I reformatted my sdcard with diskpart with a 1024l offset and then added an ext3 partition.

I then took the a2sd option in the kitchen and that worked fine for apps that support a2sd.

Edited by bhu73