MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kingqueen
I am on postpay and had the same problem... I deleted all of them and manually installed the APNs using the exact settings (just the 'GPRS WAP & MMS' and 'Mobile Web' ones) from the link below (then re-booted). MMS worked then.

http://mobilereviews.o2.co.uk/devices/devi...d=651&tab=8

Interesting, thank you. (also on O2 postpaid)

I did the same, from the same webpage, and MMS still wouldn't work; I wonder now after what you say I made a typo! I'll do a nandroid backup and try again. Thank you.

Guest kingqueen
I've downloaed the ROM and installed on my Desire but on first boot the boot screen is just on a continous loop and going no further - can anyone offer any help please?

Did you wipe before install?

I suggest rebooting into Recovery using Fake Flash, wiping Dalvic cache (in the Advanced menu), wiping everything else, perhaps also reflashing the ROM, and rebooting

good luck

Guest Tone322
Did you wipe before install?

I suggest rebooting into Recovery using Fake Flash, wiping Dalvic cache (in the Advanced menu), wiping everything else, perhaps also reflashing the ROM, and rebooting

good luck

Thanks - I'll give that a go now and let you know!! [fingers Crossed]

Guest Diggedy
I am on postpay and had the same problem... I deleted all of them and manually installed the APNs using the exact settings (just the 'GPRS WAP & MMS' and 'Mobile Web' ones) from the link below (then re-booted). MMS worked then.

this link isnt working. im yet to get it working myself :angry:

this link isnt working. im yet to get it working myself :angry:

Must just have gone down (was working when i posted the link) - try again later... ..or now as it is working again...

... seems the link in this post works but not the other one...

... and if it stops working(!) go to http://mobileguide.o2.co.uk/devices/index.jsp , select mobile guides, enter the phone model and hit the settings tab!

Edited by mrat

Guest DarthOps

Argh, I'm on the r4 version with the newest radio and experiencing massive battery drain, the signal is great with the new radio but I have a feeling that it's draining all the battery power! Anyone else having the same issue?

Does the latest ROM solve the issues with the HSPDA sign ('H') and the issues with

paid apps in the market (disappear) ?

Yes, H is included and it appears to the market as Nexus One FRF91, so all apps are present.

P

The hebrew fonts option in the kitchen is missing :angry: (was there a few hours ago...).

Please fix.

Thanks

Apparently they are included in Froyo...

P

A couple of newbie questions if that is ok

Using nandroid to backup my current Desire (Tmo retail) first I get errors -

No /sdcard/.android_secure found. Skiiping backup of applications on external storage

No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd.ext

any idea what I am doing wrong? I have a SanDisk 16mb card

Also maybe a question for Paul, I could have sworn there were direct downloads to the rom on here yesterday (not just the kitchen). Have they been removed? I think what you guys do is great so I would pay for the kitchen but I would like to try a rom first.

Thanks

No prebakes as yet...

P

Guest LouiS22

Paul, Have you already checked why we can't install additional HTC widgets? (Namely Today in History)?

Also are there any changes in HTC's Sense for Facebook between the first, and the 2.06 leak? (I assume if one of them is bigger, small by size, then they could change something).

Edited by LouiS22

Guest Diggedy
Thank you to all, I've got O2 MMS working.

The settings here are incomplete. It is important to also include "APN Type: mms" (wap / MMS settings) and "APN Type: default" (Internet settings) as I found from here.

thanks mate, your advice helped me. What I noticed was that there werefour apns in my list, two had the correct settings but the other two had wierd settings (they came with the rom) one of these was an mms apn. Once I deleted them both my mms started working :angry:

Guest AndrewMe

New kitchen update is out, but again without Trackball Wake.. :angry:

In r21 this option is already long time available. FroYo as well.. is there some other problem?

Paul, please, include it in the r5 kitchen.. Power button wake is just SO unkomfortable and MENU wake (what i can do by myself) can act by pressing the buttons in back pocket just by itself...

Guest Surfinette

Paul,

This is not an important issue, but I just want to flag that I baked your latest R5 ROM without Car Panel (box un-ticked), and yet the Car Panel app is being installed with the new rom. (I re-baked the ROM a second time without CarPanel and again CarPanel was installed).

Guest Kushan

I'd just like to say that my battery life is pretty good. Went to bed last night at about 11, eventually got out of bed today at around 12 (no, I wasn't sleeping that whole time ;P) and from a full charge, my battery was at 88%. 1% an hour sounds pretty good to me! That's with Wifi on and a bit of syncing (Although I do try to minimise that as much as possible).

No idea how heavy use fares, I'll find that out in due course.

I haven't underclocked or anything like that, does anyone know if Kali and Co's custom Kernel works ok with this build?

Edited by Kushan

Guest pd555
What will have happened is that you are backing up a system that has no A2SD at all.

.android_secure is Froyo's A2SD, if you are backing up something other than Froyo, e.g. Eclair (perhaps R3 or some rooted native ROM) then there is no .android_secure so it will throw the error

sd-ext is used by A2SD or A2SD+ as is available to put in ROMs such as Paul's via the online kitchen; if you haven't specifically formatted your SD card to allow A2SD then there will be none and so you get this error.

Basically, to interpret, nandroid is trying to back up facilities that might be used, and if your current rom doesn't use them then it just skips it. I.e. you can safely ignore it, in the knowledge that the backup has worked.

cheers

That's a really helpful reply, thank you

For info backed up an HTC T-mobile retail rom (as supplied with phone)

Guest Pyr0x64
New kitchen update is out, but again without Trackball Wake.. :angry:

In r21 this option is already long time available. FroYo as well.. is there some other problem?

Paul, please, include it in the r5 kitchen.. Power button wake is just SO unkomfortable and MENU wake (what i can do by myself) can act by pressing the buttons in back pocket just by itself...

afaik, trackball wake cannot be added to the froyo sense roms until the kernel source is available

Guest kingqueen
thanks mate, your advice helped me. What I noticed was that there werefour apns in my list, two had the correct settings but the other two had wierd settings (they came with the rom) one of these was an mms apn. Once I deleted them both my mms started working :angry:

doug:

Aha! Thank you.

For other people searching on how to get MMS working on O2 Contract on the Desire with Froyo ROMs: delete the two APNs O2 UK MMS (apn idata.o2.co.uk, presumably made for iphones?) and O2 MMS Prepay (payandgo.o2.co.uk), leaving just O2 UK (mobile.o2.co.uk) and O2 MMS Prepay (wap.o2.co.uk)

Now it's just the still very flaky problem with Android Market on R5 that is stopping me from using that; back to R4!

Thanks for your help Diggedy

Guest lambrospower

Hey guys i went and added a bootanimation.zip i made into /data/local directory but i noticed that my rom overlooks it and boots the default animation...the animation i tried wasworking with the mcr3.1 so it's not animation's fault.....is this feature disabled in this rom version ??????

edit: in addition a bug i find with the rom...is that the apns are not added automatically

Edited by lambrospower

Guest AndrewMe
afaik, trackball wake cannot be added to the froyo sense roms until the kernel source is available

well, may be, but:

first, in r21 from MoDaCo (what is Froyo, without Sense) this option is included,

second, Paul said, this option is to come..

third, there are at least 3 FRF91 based ROMs, which have this option built in..

..so, afaik what you know is wrong.. :angry:

Edited by AndrewMe

Guest klutsh
Hey guys i went and added a bootanimation.zip i made into /data/local directory but i noticed that my rom overlooks it and boots the default animation...the animation i tried wasworking with the mcr3.1 so it's not animation's fault.....is this feature disabled in this rom version ??????

edit: in addition a bug i find with the rom...is that the apns are not added automatically

APNs do work fine.

The location of the boot animation has moved in 2.2, it's now /system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip

Guest klutsh
well, may be, but:

first, in r21 from MoDaCo (what is Froyo, without Sense) this option is included,

second, Paul said, this option is to come..

third, there are at least 3 FRF91 based ROMs, which have this option built in..

..so, afaik what you know is wrong.. :angry:

Trackball wake does require a kernel edit.

Have a look at ALL FRF91 Sense rom's none have it, only AOSP FRF91 has it as they use a generic kernel without HTC specific libs, that is built from source.

That kernel will not work on the leaked HTC Roms.

That option will arrive, either once it can be done without kernel mods or after HTC release the HTC Kernel source.

Edited by klutsh

Guest tk1978

hi paul,

i found this in defrost post:

# Patched framework-res with desire brightness/powerusage values which are MUCH better

is it an option to implement this in your rom?

regards,

thomas

Edited by tk1978