MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Entreated
Working without any problems for me - Had to wipe to cure a few gremlins though.

is Working for me, too but with out Wipe from r4 to r5

Thanks for the replies, i'll redownload and see if it's working this time around, if not just wait for a new release ;-)

EDIT: Just reinstalled, that was another error i had with it, even when connected via WIFI with Mobile Network switched off the 3G symbol still shows in the notification bar, does this occur for you? But still yeah data usage stays at 0 and haven't got the foggiest idea why.

Edited by Entreated

Guest yet_another_guest

So far i can see, the r 5 is rather stable, works great for me. Cool work.

But i am curious: is anybody else missing HTC peep, although i checked it in the kitchen?

Guest mmorselli
I am on R5 but would love to try your method. can you just upload the file that needs to be put in the phone's system to somewhere? Rapidshare, mediafire, etc...Also, can you tell me where exactly it needs to be placed, or do I just flash it?

Just flash this: http://rapidshare.com/files/407885996/contacts.n1.zip.html and let me know if works for you :angry:

r5 WIP refresh

Update to fix market install issues

Still cannot see the app that i purchase, the penguin game from digital chocolate, which i have no problem on android v2.1

Guest tinyk
r5 WIP refresh

Update to fix market install issues

Still cannot see the app that i purchase, the penguin game from digital chocolate, which i have no problem on android v2.1

I'm really new to Android but at a guess perhaps the program developer has not confirmed it working on 2.2 thus when the market recognises your firmware it hides the app.

Is there not a way of downloading from the developers home page and trying a pc install or restoring it using titanium backup from the 2.1 version.

Sorry if I'm way off the rails on this but hey better than nothing.

Kev

Guest mofolake

Any idea how to get OpenVPN working on this ROM? Tried installing the OpenVPN Installer/ Binaries from the market to /system/xbin and the phone rebooted.

on the phone symbol in launcher i get "Application is not installed on your phone." after update to R5. R4 works fine for me (r4 Kernel Rollback/old radio does not help)

but i can start "Phone" as shortcut at my home screen and in sense.

before installation i wiped everything. any ideas?

Guest daniozzo83

[FIX] Native Apps2SD fix for 2.06 Sense Roms

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=729083

The /system/bin/vold in the 2.06 sense leak failed on detecting FAT32 file systems.

This is just the vold from the 2.04 leak.

Using this there are no problems with moving apps 2 sd or installing sky maps while the sd is mounted.

can i install on r5 ?

paul please add to next release....

Edited by daniozzo83

Guest klutsh
Native Apps2SD fix for 2.06 Sense Roms

This was posted a few pages back, and also already twice, just a few posts above yours.

Edited by klutsh

Guest Bol2riz
I am getting that too. In the stock rom it was draining fast on 3g but now that's fine and wlan is draining faster

Battery consumption is just 1.5 to 2x more than on the first froyo releases. I really don't understand why.

Does anyone have any clue about that? Is this something fixeable?

Guest Diggedy
Battery consumption is just 1.5 to 2x more than on the first froyo releases. I really don't understand why.

same here

Guest rdoxenham

Great! I flashed to the latest R5 bake last night and then spent a few hours getting all of my contacts/settings etc back! :angry:

Is there an easier way of doing this? Will Nandroid do this for me? I didn't want to flash and just apply the Nandroid before as it was a 2.1 --> 2.2 flash and didn't want any problems. But I'm thinking, if I take a 2.2 Nandroid and then re-flash with Pauls updates today, then I hopefully won't have any problems and my contacts/settings/apps will still be there.

Any ideas?

Great work Paul, thanks so much.

Guest kayceejayh
Great! I flashed to the latest R5 bake last night and then spent a few hours getting all of my contacts/settings etc back! :angry:

Is there an easier way of doing this? Will Nandroid do this for me? I didn't want to flash and just apply the Nandroid before as it was a 2.1 --> 2.2 flash and didn't want any problems. But I'm thinking, if I take a 2.2 Nandroid and then re-flash with Pauls updates today, then I hopefully won't have any problems and my contacts/settings/apps will still be there.

Any ideas?

Just use Titanium - you can backup all your apps, settings, contacts, etc and quickly restore them after!

K

Guest rdoxenham
Just use Titanium - you can backup all your apps, settings, contacts, etc and quickly restore them after!

K

I did a Titanium Backup, but I'm not sure which batch job restores my contacts? I used it to restore my installed programs, but that's about it...

Any ideas?

You can generally just flash over the top, no wipe required.

P

Guest katun79

Hi Paul, I have a little issue and I don't know if It depends on your rom.

I have installed on your r5 a program called "terminal emulator".

If I run It and do "su" (or "su -"), and then a "whoami" It tells me: "whoami: unknown uid 0"

So It seems to be correct, but if I type "reboot", terminal reply with: "not permitted!" :angry:

I can't understand why...

Do you think It's a rom issue?

Guest subvertbeats
I got the constant sync error again, redid a few roms and found adding friend stream back in made it go away

Interesting thanks Ill try that....

Guest Diaboliq

Is there a way to "fix" HTC Sync using r5 roms? Currently it doesnt seem to be detecting HTC sync as being open on the computer.

Guest Epedemic

By the way. I have noticed that the 2.04 libhtc_ril.so file supports hsupa category 6, whereas the one from 2.06 (or maybe just your r5 as i have not tried other 2.06 based roms) does not.

Of course the build.prop file needs to say ro.ril.hsupa.category=6 as well... Please see if you can implement this in future roms without breaking other stuff :angry:

Guest wuthton

Battery consumption for me on the early versions was the best I've ever had on an android phone even with heavy use of 3g. All seems to have gone back to normal now though which is a shame.