MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Mondaro

battery consumption is still nice for me ... phone loses about 1% per 2 hours while in standby

Edited by Mondaro

Guest le_lutin
battery consumption is still nice for me ... phone loses about 1% per 2 hours while in standby

I dropped just 3% in 7 hours on standby last night. I had turned off mobile data though.

Guest mofolake
I dropped just 3% in 7 hours on standby last night. I had turned off mobile data though.

I went to sleep with the battery @ 30% and woke up with the phone shut down. 3G enabled and I've only slept for 7 hours :angry:

Guest bigdan35

I did notice that you didn't have to back up any of your contacts, sms, photos and apps as the ROM, if you don't select "wipe" from the ClockworkMod (ROM Manager) then it'll just install over the top and should just be an update. Fantastic news that there will be some updates as I've found one bug, don't know whether it's just my phone, but I doubt that.

I was using "Launcher" which is Android's own UI (like the one you see on the Nexus One) and when I tried to click the Phone Icon on the dock, a message popped up to say the Phone Application wasn't installed - Well, of course it's installed because I can access it through the menu, then I enabled LauncherPro, and the Phone App worked perfectly fine and then continued to use Sense, and that was fine also.

Hopefully this can be rectified? I haven't uninstalled and reinstalled the Phone app which was preinstalled as it doesn't allow me to do so.

Minor update! :angry:

P

Changelog

r5 WIP refresh

• Added Trackpad Wake to kitchen (thanks burst)
  • Updated vold to FRF91 version to resolve Froyo A2SD / app install issues (thanks klutsh)
  • Fixed Launcher2 phone application association
  • Fixed FM Radio widget
  • Fixed News widget

Guest Nicke

Battery is good in stand by but using the phone is a disaster...

I'm loosing 1% every 2 - 3 minutes while surfing on wlan.

Edited by Nicke

Guest rdoxenham

P

Changelog

r5 WIP refresh

• Updated vold to FRF91 version to resolve Froyo A2SD / app install issues (thanks klutsh)
  • Fixed FM Radio widget
  • Fixed News widget

Great- thanks Paul !

So I should just be able to re-bake, re-flash via the memory card and not have to worry about wiping data? :D

Cheers again

Rhys

Guest tk1978

P

Changelog

r5 WIP refresh

• Fixed FM Radio widget :D
  • Fixed News widget

waiting for the major update ;)

Edited by tk1978

Great- thanks Paul !

So I should just be able to re-bake, re-flash via the memory card and not have to worry about wiping data? :angry:

Cheers again

Rhys

Correct. Nandroid first obviously 'just in case'. :D

P

Guest rdoxenham

Can anyone tell me really quick... I can't remember whether I specified Android Messaging in my first bake rather than HTC one. In my current r5 bake it looks different, white screen with two tabs on the right hand side for sending and attaching a file. Assuming this is the Android one? I prefer this and would rather have it in the new updated bake if possible. Can anyone advise? Thanks.

Guest LouiS22

P

Changelog

r5 WIP refresh

• Fixed FM Radio widget
  • Fixed News widget

Cheers, mate! Thanks for the News widget :D

Why? These are non-wipe updates. There's no reason not to flash them. :angry:

P

Paul, would you recommend using the r4 kernel or the r5 kernel?

Guest tk1978
Why? These are non-wipe updates. There's no reason not to flash them. :angry:

P

you answered the wrong post :D

Edited by tk1978

Guest tk1978
Can anyone tell me really quick... I can't remember whether I specified Android Messaging in my first bake rather than HTC one. In my current r5 bake it looks different, white screen with two tabs on the right hand side for sending and attaching a file. Assuming this is the Android one? I prefer this and would rather have it in the new updated bake if possible. Can anyone advise? Thanks.

sounds like the android one..

Paul, would you recommend using the r4 kernel or the r5 kernel?

The r5 one. I'm going to remove the r4 kernel from the kitchen as it's not needed.

P

Guest theblueraja

Quick question about the "update" process. If im currently running the first r5 WIP refresh which included the market fix and wish to apply this new update without clearing data and cache what do i need to download?

I mean, do i need to check all the apps again in the kitchen that i want/use or just the bare minimum? In other words, do i just need the core files / bake / apply / reboot / Job done?

I assume my apps are still going to be there after the reboot, assuming nothing goes wrong, so i shouldn't really need to bake a new ROM with them all in it right - or do i?

Edited by theblueraja

Choose the stuff you want, bake, download, nandroid backup, flash, done.

You DO need to bake in the stuff you want, as the 'cooked in' stuff generally is on /system, which gets wiped during the flash. All your user installed apps / data lives on /data, which doesn't get wiped.

P

Just for fun so you can see the current kitchen loads before you bake... :angry:

P

Guest subvertbeats

P

Changelog

r5 WIP refresh

• Fixed FM Radio widget
  • Fixed News widget

Excellent thanks Paul

ill give this a whirl now - going to bake with FriendStream and hope (as reported by others) that the constant sync issues are resolved...

Guest daniozzo83

how do i update without wipe? Is there a particular update.zip or i can bake a new rom (like as first flash) and update without wipe?

how do i update without wipe? Is there a particular update.zip or i can bake a new rom (like as first flash) and update without wipe?

bake and flash with Rom Manager without wipe. Just do a NANDROID first!