MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jfran
Is there any chance of adding the standard contacts and dialer app to this rom? I much prefer these than the sense versions.

stick to the vanilla froyo if that is the case as everything is integrated as part of the core of the rom

Guest dee163

PAUL,

AS a paid member on this forum , I cannot get the help.

My issue is the phone application on the HOME SCREEN ? LAUNCHER on R4 is not working properly.

ERROR"Application is not installed on phone"

If I go to the window with all application and scroll to the the phone app it OPENS AND WORKS!!!

I have tried everything from wiping and then re-installing , recovery and deleting data and cache

Paul please advise what to do.

Guest Noonski
PAUL,

My issue is the phone application on the HOME SCREEN ? LAUNCHER on R4 is not working properly.

If I go to the window with all application and scroll to the the phone app it OPENS AND WORKS!!!

I have tried everything from wiping and then re-installing , recovery and deleting data and cache

Did you try going to Settings >> Applications >> Manage Applications >> All Applications.

And then remove Data on The Launcher your using, contacts, and Phone application.

Whoops my bad did read your post incorrectly, sorry.

Edited by Noonski

Guest hatton920
stick to the vanilla froyo if that is the case as everything is integrated as part of the core of the rom

I would, but sense has a better camera app + 720p recording and other things.

I would love a mix of sense and stock.

Guest djtosh

ye me too would love to have all of sense except with stock home screen. i know u can install the stock launcher but sense still uses shitloads of ram, would be class to keep everything but the the sense home screen.

Guest klutsh
PAUL,

It's a known problem with the stock Launcher2, it was wrote to work with the AOSP phone.apk not the HTC sense one.

I'm looking at a way of porting over the default contacts and phone apk's, untill then the option is use sense.

I am aiming to do a ROM with as little HTC left as possible.

Keep Camera, Sync etc, but put the rest to AOSP.

Guest tk1978
PAUL,

i know that you want help shortly, but please..this forum is not a company. paul wrote he is back on monday, so you should wait until monday and you can be sure yout problems get solved.

Guest Jagdish
PAUL,

If youre that eager to get a working rom try flashing a different 2.2 rom over from XDA or wtv...might solve your issues...

Guest Homer314

First rom ever flashed on android. Thank's to Paul and the creators of Fake-Flash and Rom Manager for noobs users like me :)

Does the .zip coocked online install the new radio itself ?

PS: In rom-manager i see the possibility to upgrade custom roms from that softare. Is this rom compatibile with this option ?

Thank's :D

Edited by Homer314

Guest miguelsanchez79
Is there any chance of adding the standard contacts and dialer app to this rom? I much prefer these than the sense versions.

+1

I would love to have choice in the kitchen as we have in MCR 3.1

Guest The_IMF

Paul you genius. Loving the new ROM!

The new radio gives me full WiFi signal all over my house too, the old one have me mostly 1 bar!

Everything I need working great except when I rebooted my hone screen lost all widgets?? I'm using APPS2SD+ so don't know if its that causing issues...

Guest qubit76
ye me too would love to have all of sense except with stock home screen. i know u can install the stock launcher but sense still uses shitloads of ram, would be class to keep everything but the the sense home screen.

+1

The xda bro ahmgsk will release a light senseless version so we can have 720p once he has ironed out the bugs (see half way through the OP, under 'Details Of Rom: ') - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=721358

Maybe just wait for the CM6 beta release too

Edited by qubit76

Guest ZiCoN

Well so far so good....

Works like a charm, besides the issues already stated I still can't use the mail widget. Seems the app is missing and just get a white screen when trying to setup mail account from the widget saying "choose mail provider"

Pure messenger with K9 (plus K9 for pure) works flawlessly :)

*edit* Any1 seen the setistalllocation app?

Edited by ZiCoN

Guest FinkDix

Hey, has anyone flashed this rom without doing a wipe? I flashed without a wipe (except for cache) late last night, and I got booted all the way into the homescreen where it just said to wait "this may take several minutes". It stayed like that for ages. I rebooted, and same thing again, so I just restored my nandroid as I didn't have time. Should I have waited, or has anyone else had this? Should I just to a full wipe? I hate having to re-install all my apps and sort out my layouts etc!

Guest hatton920
Can you post that Stock Player?

Here's my Personal Lightweight setup for those that can't wait till monday when Paul get's the PreBakes up.

http://www.multiupload.com/16Q3ZM3622

This Has: Live WallPapers, YouTube, App Sharing, Calculator, Flickr Sync, HTC Flashlight, FM Radio, HTC Sync, FaceBook Sync (hopefully;)), A2SD+, HTC IME, Market Fix for Paid Apps.

So this will start with the default Froyo Launcher it does not have Sense and you still need to add APN's manually.

No Requests please, I don't think Paul has set up the Oven so we Add Freeers can go bake for Regulars.

This is just to feed the apitite.

Your rom just boot loops for me

Guest cray1000
I guess both roms has the same base. It's a leak in my opinion as the HTC's apps are a bit different from those in 2.1. Messeging is redesigned a bit for example.

both phones have the same wifi chipsets, touch screen sensors, bt chips ,etc? right?

if so then just the basebands would need to be switched, perhaps paul could add that as an option in the kitchen or am i over simplifying things?

Guest dee163

KLUTSH

THNAK YOU FOR YOUR INFO.

It's a known problem with the stock Launcher2, it was wrote to work with the AOSP phone.apk not the HTC sense one.

I'm looking at a way of porting over the default contacts and phone apk's, untill then the option is use sense.

I am aiming to do a ROM with as little HTC left as possible.

Keep Camera, Sync etc, but put the rest to AOSP.

Guest Han-Droid

MOVING APPS ?

This ROM is my 1st contact with A2SD.

My Question: how do I install apps on SD or how can I move them?

There ist grayed-out button "move to sd" but no tool like setLocation (Droid Rom). In SpareParts is no option aswell.

I am kinda confused.

SD-Card is the shipped one (Fat32 only).

Guest PandaKiller
I have flashed and formatted twice, everything works great, apart from apps being installed to internal storage.

I have selected A2SD+ and have partioned sd card :). Is A2SD+ working for everyone else?

I update 2.1 to 2.2 without wipe and It works. My ext3 partitions still there with the programs working.

Guest klutsh
Hello, the location is not working properly, does not find the time I am is Spain, zaragoza, as it can solve.

Please read the whole thread, this is a KNOWN problem.