MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Looking into the missing 'HTC wallpapers' and a couple of minor other bits and bobs, as well as monitoring battery drain as far as possible.

P

Guest daniozzo83
Looking into the missing 'HTC wallpapers' and a couple of minor other bits and bobs, as well as monitoring battery drain as far as possible.

P

paul, i think you dind't read a post of mine:

i think i founded a little bug:

in my applications i found adobe flash 10.1 but it can be uninstalled (this create a problem when you want to update if an update available)...

i also can't find it on market.

Edited by daniozzo83

paul, i think you dind't read a post of mine:

i think i founded a little bug:

in my applications i found adobe flash 10.1 but it can be uninstalled (this create a bug when you want to update if an update available)...

i also can't find it on market.

Not being uninstallable (because it's in /system) doesn't meant you can't upgrade.

Google Maps is a fine example of that. :angry:

P

Guest Ajthescot

P

baked and installed with out wipe and got stuck on the quietly brilliant screen reboot cycle.

pulled battery went into recovery and wipe all but sd card and reflashed.

still have rebooting but on the white htc screen and now cant access phone from computer .

i use the r5 recovery

C:\Users\andi\Desktop\r5-desire>recovery-windows.bat

C:\Users\andi\Desktop\r5-desire>echo Desire Recovery Mode

Desire Recovery Mode

C:\Users\andi\Desktop\r5-desire>echo.

C:\Users\andi\Desktop\r5-desire>echo Pushing required files to device...

Pushing required files to device...

C:\Users\andi\Desktop\r5-desire>adb-windows.exe push files /

error: device not found

C:\Users\andi\Desktop\r5-desire>adb-windows.exe shell busybox --install /sbin

error: device not found

C:\Users\andi\Desktop\r5-desire>adb-windows.exe shell nohup /sbin/recovery

is this the usb brick.

Guest rdoxenham

Flashing now :angry:

Just wondering whether anyone else is experiencing the same problem as me... I've disabled the vibrating on key-presses but when I use any applications, e.g. texts, the browser, emails etc, it still vibrates :D

Guest Bol2riz

P

Hi Paul,

On my side I've noticed that when I shutdown the phone when android tells it's fully charged (100% mentionned everywhere: icon, battery usage, Power manager... and LED is green) the led turns orange to indicate it's still charging.

Maybe andrid shows a wrong value and even stop charging before 100%.

I've heard that it use to discharge from 100% to 90% to avoid overcharging but that time I'm sure having checked as soon as the LED turned green.

My phone is off since more than 30min and still charging

I hope being clear and that may help...

Baked, Flashed, booted. Awesomeness! (Rebooting now for the "all important reboot after first boot")

Trackball wake didn't work for me, re-flashing the zip provided a few pages back.

Guest Ze Swiss
Baked, Flashed, booted. Awesomeness! (Rebooting now for the "all important reboot after first boot")

me too ... using rom manager...sooooo cool, so fresh, so eeeeasy mate :angry: nothing to say, all ok

Guest pierreburel

P

Hi Paul,

any chance for having an option to replace the HTC Browser by the stock one ?

Thx,

Pierre

Guest Epedemic
Can confirm this problem, and I wiped before installing.

Settings -> Connect to PC -> "Ask Me" active

This results in the phone not asking which connection it should use when the USB cable is connected.

This in itself isn't the issue, the issue is that there's no option to change the connectivity mode like normal, by dragging down the notification bar and selecting the current mode it's in to change it as the option is not there. It just says "USB debugging connected", so you can't change mode.

However, with:

Settings -> Connect to PC -> "Ask Me" inactive

Then the option to change the connection mode appears in the notification bar.

I have this problem as well. Also after installing latest refresh a moment ago.

Guest rdoxenham
Flashing the zip worked.

My trackball wake doesn't work either- which zip did you flash?

Other than that, works perfectly! Thanks Paul!

Guest MRvandalay

Anybody having FC issues while trying to download attacments from this forum... i'm using default browser, i can download atttachents from other forums just fine.

Guest klutsh

Paul, you need to remove

ro.product.locale.language=zh

ro.product.locale.region=TW

at the top of build.prop to enable the first boot to be multi-lingual.

Edited by klutsh

Guest Han-Droid

coming from r4 here...

1st time without wiping.

everything fine.....and I loooooove the trackball wake :-) !!!

Linpack: around 37 mflops

Edited by Han-Droid

Guest leumi
Strange, I flashed the cooked ROM and it worked! :/

Investigating...

P

It's about an hour as I am desperately trying to download a new baked ROM, but there is nothing except of 'There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.'

Something wrong or it's just a problem on my side?

It's about an hour as I am desperately trying to download a new baked ROM, but there is nothing except of 'There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.'

Something wrong or it's just a problem on my side?

We have ongoing DNS issues at the moment, it could be related to that i'm afraid. I'm leaning on our DNS host to get an update ASAP.

P

Guest monkey_nutts

Forgive me if this has been asked already, or i have totally noobed out and missed the post. Is there any news on the prebaked roms for download as yet ?

I think ill probably get a premium membership but it wont be till after pay day as im sadly broke this month :angry:

thanks