MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest DiscoHero
I have this problem as well. Also after installing latest refresh a moment ago.

Had this problem with the last refresh (16/07) but, luckily, not with this one (20/07).

Strange, anyone else? Seems to be OK here?

P

I had flashed the fix provided earlier, and didn't wipe between that an installing today's refresh. I'll re-bake and let you know.

Guest vaangelo
I have this problem as well. Also after installing latest refresh a moment ago.

The same for me.... Paul help! help!

Thanks Paul for all your work!!!

Guest Bol2riz
Hi Paul,

On my side I've noticed that when I shutdown the phone when android tells it's fully charged (100% mentionned everywhere: icon, battery usage, Power manager... and LED is green) the led turns orange to indicate it's still charging.

Maybe andrid shows a wrong value and even stop charging before 100%.

I've heard that it use to discharge from 100% to 90% to avoid overcharging but that time I'm sure having checked as soon as the LED turned green.

My phone is off since more than 30min and still charging

I hope being clear and that may help...

Paul the charging led has turned green to indicate full charge (phone off) after 1h of additional charge.

I'll now see how much time I can keep it awake with freesh bake and no additional icon or else.

For those with the 'USB connect not popping up', try this via ADB:

adb shell rm -r /data/data/com.htc.android.psclient
adb shell reboot[/code]

And see how that works out for ya.

P

Guest Bol2riz
re: the USB connect thing, if you disable 'Ask Me' it works? Or if you disable then re-enable it works?

Very weird...

P

I know you're not asking to me but regarding USB thing I cannot choose or change anything at all on my side before last r5 refresh. Now it seems working for me and the action from notification bar has came back.

Guest monkey_nutts
As soon as we're ready, not far to go now, just building in some stuff to aid Nexus One compatability too...

P

Many thanks, look forward to them.

Guest DiscoHero

Hmm, the latest refresh appears to be hammering my battery like there is no tomorrow. Down to 41% already with Android system at 61% of battery use ... going to do a bit more research.

Guest bigdan35

Updated from 16/Jul r5 to this, works perfectly for me in all honesty. The bug which I had where Android's Launcher wouldn't detect the Phone app already installed works fine now. Battery doesn't seem to be too bad either, I've been using it heavily for the past 6 hours so it's gone down 50%, but that's major usage. Gonna test over the next day to see how it holds up. :angry:

Guest Aristos2010

extremely good and fast ROM!

However, I am seeing the sync icon constantly turned on at the top status bar. I wonder if that's the cause of batt drain some of us reported? I thought it might be due to slow hsdpa syncing speeds so I turned on wifi in hope of faster syncing but the sync icon stayed at the top bar for almost an hour already.

Guest Vince Scott

Hello all,

I've just upgraded from a 2.1 MCR (1.1 i think) straight to this froyo 2.2 r5, no wipe was done and barring a few small heart stopping moments after the first reboot its all gone pretty much OK. Great work Paul :-) WiFi N is getting a much stronger signal than what was had on 2.1, but Three's 3G connectivity might be a little worse for me, hard to say for sure until i go wandering around outside.

only slight problem is the new much mentioned A2SD feature in froyo appears to be rebooting the phone, anyone else have a quick comment about that before i go trawling through the previous hundred pages on the topic?

-v

Guest leumi
We have ongoing DNS issues at the moment, it could be related to that i'm afraid. I'm leaning on our DNS host to get an update ASAP.

P

Thank you.

The site itself is already visible, but still no the kitchen's access ;(

Guest dbdkmezz
Thank you.

The site itself is already visible, but still no the kitchen's access ;(

Kitchen seems to be working again for me now :angry:

Guest DiscoHero
Hmm, the latest refresh appears to be hammering my battery like there is no tomorrow. Down to 41% already with Android system at 61% of battery use ... going to do a bit more research.

I'm down to 14% since I posted that ... 27% in less than 2 hours. Something is not right.

Also, had a couple of lockups/slowdowns followed by phone process force close.

Kitchen seems to be working again for me now :angry:

I cant access the kitchen either :D

Just a blank post with "There may be a short wait while........." on top!

Guest Odroid
Hello all,

I've just upgraded from a 2.1 MCR (1.1 i think) straight to this froyo 2.2 r5, no wipe was done and barring a few small heart stopping moments after the first reboot its all gone pretty much OK. Great work Paul :-) WiFi N is getting a much stronger signal than what was had on 2.1, but Three's 3G connectivity might be a little worse for me, hard to say for sure until i go wandering around outside.

only slight problem is the new much mentioned A2SD feature in froyo appears to be rebooting the phone, anyone else have a quick comment about that before i go trawling through the previous hundred pages on the topic?

-v

My SD-card won't mount after installing 2.2. I'm used a2sd+ on my 2.1 MCR, but it won't play on 2.2. I think it has something to do with my partition being Ext2.

I'll backup my card and reformat to ext3. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

Guest DiscoHero
Kitchen not loading here either...gonna leave it for now, current r5 ROM is running sweet

Strange, I can see the kitchen just fine.

Guest Ajthescot

wow i made a right cockup of this update i managed to usb and sd brick my precious desire .

all is good now with a little help from modaco usb brick thread and my little bro who is vastly more superior with computers than me.

root redone.

now for take 2 on this rom and a change of boxer shorts .

Guest subvertbeats
extremely good and fast ROM!

However, I am seeing the sync icon constantly turned on at the top status bar. I wonder if that's the cause of batt drain some of us reported? I thought it might be due to slow hsdpa syncing speeds so I turned on wifi in hope of faster syncing but the sync icon stayed at the top bar for almost an hour already.

Has been written about lots in this thread, just read a few pages :angry:

I solved this today by baking a rom including FriendStream.

Hope that helps...