MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Blackfish79
Hello Paul

Did you omit the Hebrew support from r5? Can't find it anymore at the kitchen...

Thanks for a great job...

Saul

the same questions every second page -.- ...hebrew is included in froyo

Guest kaziem

Installing Math Workout Lite still causes the reboot of the device, can someone else confirm? Is it possible this is caused because I didn't wipe before flashing this latest r5?

Guest HearThatVoiceAgain
the same questions every second page -.- ...hebrew is included in froyo

Yes, maybe Paul ought to put a message at the bottom of the Kitchen (where Hebrew support option was).

Guest tinyk

Currently on R5 previous to today's release.

Trying to do a nandroid backup to bring myself up to date with today's additions and it keeps hanging on a file called tombestone04_ cant see any more, left it for a good while and had to pull battery in the end.

Since I cant do backup I cant update so any ideas what might be causing this please.

Thanks

Guest xhemp
I now have the USB connect problem. Have tried the USB brick method but it is not working for me.

Hello sucramco,

Are you sure it's the USB connect problem or it just doesn't ask you what do you want to do when you plug the USB cable?

Does the amber led comes on as soon as you plug the usb cable on your device or not?

Guest sucramco
Hello sucramco,

Are you sure it's the USB connect problem or it just doesn't ask you what do you want to do when you plug the USB cable?

Does the amber led comes on as soon as you plug the usb cable on your device or not?

Edit. Thanks, reading your post made me think I don't have the problem. So did more research, I thought I read enough. One small problem I did not know where to check the ask me, so thought it cannot be that. Then by mistake noticed connect to PC. Never actually noticed or used it before. Guess what you are right I don't have the problem. Although I have to go into this every time because the Ask me does not seem to work anymore.

Thanks

Sucramco

Edited by sucramco

Hello Paul

Did you omit the Hebrew support from r5? Can't find it anymore at the kitchen...

Thanks for a great job...

Saul

i think it is included in the rom

Guest kaziem
Installing Math Workout Lite still causes the reboot of the device, can someone else confirm? Is it possible this is caused because I didn't wipe before flashing this latest r5?

Looks like all you need is a wipe =)

Guest maati

How can I sort contacts by last name?

Have they removed that option?

And, Paul, any chance you could enable the fly-in/out animation for opening/closing apps?

Guest xhemp
Edit. Thanks, reading your post made me think I don't have the problem. So did more research, I thought I read enough. One small problem I did not know where to check the ask me, so thought it cannot be that. Then by mistake noticed connect to PC. Never actually noticed or used it before. Guess what you are right I don't have the problem. Although I have to go into this every time because the Ask me does not seem to work anymore.

Thanks

Sucramco

No worries.

I had that problem yesterday but then I used the r4 kernel and it worked fine.

Today, with Paul's update, I baked a new ROM and everything is ok.

Have you tried on a new ROM baked today? :angry:

Guest EroThraX

I upgraded from the July 16th build to today's July 20th build earlier without wiping anything, working great so far. It fixed the minor issues I had with the previous build and Google Sky map now installs fine.

Thanks.

Guest persko

I have a problem with the application amazon mp3 with this rom (had the same with r3.1 and r4; but at some point I did have the application)

The application is installed (in /system/app even though the kitchen notes states in /data):

# ls -l /system/app/com.amazon.*

-rw-r--r-- 1 0 0 310399 Aug 1 2008 /system/app/com.amazon.mp3.apk

-rw-r--r-- 1 0 0 460368 Aug 1 2008 /system/app/com.amazon.mp3.odex

but I have no icon for it, and it does not show in manage applications.

Any idea how I can get this app working?.

Per

Guest scointer
worked like a charm man.

thanks a million. How do u get an .apk signed like that? If it's easy, would u mind sending me the instructions so I don't bug people if there is something I'd wanna add to my phone.

Could you explain how this works for you. I flash the zip ok but can't see any new contacts program. There is one in the system folder but if I try to install it it just fails. Thanks.

Guest Jagdish

This current build is based on 2.06? and the USB menu issue is resolved? thats rly the only thing bugged me bout the new kernel...

Guest seaders

just a point, my APN was gone again from this flash. since moving from udk's original HTC's Froyo Sense ROM, I did a full wipe and flash and since then only upgraded. I've got all the settings stored with APN backup & restore, so it's not much of a biggie, but I wanted to mention it in case it's still a bug. if it's working for everyone else and there's something wrong my end, I'd also like to know, in case I can fix it from happening again.

Guest Diggedy

is anyone getting immense lag when typing on the web browser is theres a lot of text in the box ie. if you quote a long post.

Ive had it for a while now but I flashed another sense rom tonight to see if it was present and it didnt seem to have the issue

How can I sort contacts by last name?

Have they removed that option?

And, Paul, any chance you could enable the fly-in/out animation for opening/closing apps?

Install Spare Parts in the kitchen and you can enable it IIRC?

P

Guest mmorselli
worked like a charm man.

thanks a million. How do u get an .apk signed like that? If it's easy, would u mind sending me the instructions so I don't bug people if there is something I'd wanna add to my phone.

Download recent froyo build (this came from CyanoGen ), unzip, extract apk, create a updade.zip with Update.zip 2.0 Modifier/Creator, flash, pray during all reboot time :angry:

Guest mmorselli
Could you explain how this works for you. I flash the zip ok but can't see any new contacts program. There is one in the system folder but if I try to install it it just fails. Thanks.

I have... With all other application, with name translated by locale "Contatti". I use it as default contact manager with QuickDial because is more readable (big white chars on black) than HTC ones (little white chars on white and unusefull frames)

Edited by mmorselli

Guest dancube
'USB connect not popping up' - same for me. Cant manually change the USB state in settings too. adb commands didn't do anything.

Likewise here, unable to to connect to my sd card from my PC via usb.

I get the USB debugging prompt in notifications but no option to enable disk drive access.

I tried those ADB commands as well