MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Diggedy
Likewise here, unable to to connect to my sd card from my PC via usb.

I get the USB debugging prompt in notifications but no option to enable disk drive access.

I tried those ADB commands as well

ive just tried mine and I have the ability. All i can tell you is when I flash I do a factory reset, wipe cache and wipe davlik cache then restore my apps and most settings from titanium. Have you tried this?

Edited by Diggedy

Guest ukharty

Hi,

I'm having problems with the alarm, there are no notifications for snooze and dismiss.

In settings I set buttons to snooze these don't work either.

I have had to get third party alarm off market, would it be possible to include better alarm in kitchen.

Thanks

Guest FatherD

Nice ROM Paul.

Updated from a late r4 build without flashing .. no great problems so far!

USB selection seems to only work with 'ask me' deselected (as posted already)

Trackball wake works fine .. but not as well as this one:

trackpad_wake_keysDisabled.zip

Which was grabbed from over at XDA .. mucho credit to whoever sorted that ... 2 late nights and a few beers and I cannot remember exactly which post it comes from :angry:

Why is it better!?

When locked you cannot unlock with the power button, only the trackpad; ideal for my needs, I get sick of waking the screen every time I stuff the Desire back into its pouch or my pocket, the power button is just too easily pressed - only my opinion!

Edited by FatherD

Guest Aristos2010
Has been written about lots in this thread, just read a few pages :angry:

I solved this today by baking a rom including FriendStream.

Hope that helps...

Sorry my bad. Missed those posts out. I will bake another ROM with Friendstream included.

Thanks for your pointer! It will never occur to me that the friendstream is the culprit. I did realise that manually disabling facebook sync stop the constant sync immediately.

All merry now!

Guest dancube
ive just tried mine and I have the ability. All i can tell you is when I flash I do a factory reset, wipe cache and wipe davlik cache then restore my apps and most settings from titanium. Have you tried this?

No I haven't, I flashed over the top of an R4 WIP build

I guess I could do that.. I have my phone set up so nicely at the moment though :angry:

Guest seaders
Nice ROM Paul.

Which was grabbed from over at XDA .. mucho credit to whoever sorted that ... 2 late nights and a few beers and I cannot remember exactly which post it comes from :angry:

Why is it better!?

When locked you cannot unlock with the power button, only the trackpad; ideal for my needs, I get sick of waking the screen every time I stuff the Desire back into its pouch or my pocket, the power button is just too easily pressed - only my opinion!

love it, thanks a lot, I feel the exact same way. I've had to be extremely careful about how to put my phone in my pocket because of this very reason. gonna have to get used to it now, but really glad of the option!

Guest EroThraX
Nice ROM Paul.

Why is it better!?

I don't believe the USB selection is purely a problem with the r5 build. Mine works perfectly, comes up every time asking what mode I want to choose with ask me selected.

Guest ragflan

Question: How do I get into the ClockworkMod Recovery screen?

I know when device is powered on, I can just launch Rom Manager and reboot into recovery. But what I mean is, when the device is powered off, I read that you have to:

1. Volume Down + Power on.

2. Scroll down to recovery and press Power.

But at this point, I only get the phone icon with a red triangle. I don't see the recovery screen with the green text.

I'm rooted and using R5. Could someone point me in the right direction?

EDIT: Chotto Matte! I found it. Exclamation point, volume up and power. My bad. Found the post by Paul.

Edited by ragflan

Guest ragflan

Meow! When I try to go into recovery from powered down, i do

1. Vol Down + Power.

2. Recovery -> Exclamation point.

3. Vol Up + Power.

I see E: Can't open /cache/recovery/command. Instead of seeing ClockworkMod, I see blue-coloured words for recovery.

I have ROM Manager installed and CLockworkMod is installed. So if I use ROM Manager and select reboot into recovery, it does. But from powered down mode, I get the above error.

Anyone know what i am missing? EDIT: Answered by Nicke. Thank you!

Edited by ragflan

Guest Nicke
I see Error: Cannot find /cache/recovery something. Instead of seeing ClockworkMod, I see a blue coloured recovery.

You have no instructions?

Don't mind the error. :angry:

In the blue menu, choose "Apply sdcard:update.zip" and you are in recovery..

Edited by Nicke

Guest ragflan
You have no instructions?

Don't mind the error. :angry:

In the blue menu, choose "Apply sdcard:update.zip" and you are in recovery..

Hehe thank you. Sorry,sometimes the most obvious stuff goes flying over my head. :D Thank you again!

Guest Diggedy
Hi,

I'm having problems with the alarm, there are no notifications for snooze and dismiss.

In settings I set buttons to snooze these don't work either.

I have had to get third party alarm off market, would it be possible to include better alarm in kitchen.

Thanks

are you using the HTC world clock without the HTC lock screen? The snooze amd dismiss are built into the HTC lock screen for the world clock iirc

Guest dodolom

Is there a battery percentage indicator that we can use with this rom that will go up on the top menu?

EDIT: Nevermind, i found it.

Edited by dodolom

Guest dancube

Another thing I've noticed is that my blue LED which comes on when I get a new SMS with handcent doesn't seem to go away. It used to on R4

Guest Diggedy
Another thing I've noticed is that my blue LED which comes on when I get a new SMS with handcent doesn't seem to go away. It used to on R4

I've read elsewhere that this is an issue with handcent itself, supposedly the latest update caused it. There are workarounds but the devs are aware

Guest CyrilleM
It works for me.

It doesn't works for me either with last rom and last radio.

No network location.

Problem is since r5.

Edited by CyrilleM

Guest rameses

Installed the latest r5 refresh on top of previous with no wipe. I've only spotted one issue so far, which is some of the HTC clock widgets lose their hands when I go to the app drawer and back to home screen.

Guest twisted_mind

Paul and anyone else who can help me :angry:

i've been using this rom and its previous iterations since past week.... but have noticed the Bluetooth automatically switches on at every reboot. Also even after immediately turning Bluetooth off, SpareParts shows 100% bluetooth usage.. someone please help me as this is killing my battery like there's no tomorrow

Guest sucramco
No worries.

I had that problem yesterday but then I used the r4 kernel and it worked fine.

Today, with Paul's update, I baked a new ROM and everything is ok.

Have you tried on a new ROM baked today? :angry:

Yeah, that's when I noticed the problem. The ask me tick check is the oppsite of what it should be. I don't have any other problems, it seems very stable.

Guest dancube
I've read elsewhere that this is an issue with handcent itself, supposedly the latest update caused it. There are workarounds but the devs are aware

Oh ok, cheers for that

Guest ciairo

I don't know whether this is an issue of my device or something general, anyway with the last R5 Sense frequently restarts, especially when switching on the screen after the "sleep" mode. With R4 I didn't experience that. Quite annoying as you have to wait about 10 secs to be able to use the phone.

The rest is great so far.

Guest Entreated

Ha i thought this was supposed to happen, not been using it for long.