MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Blackfish79
I get this, but why can't he/someone post a WIP rom baked in the online kitchen? Although I want to support Modaco, I don't want to pay for a premium account to get a mod that may or may not work.

believe, it works...

I get this, but why can't he/someone post a WIP rom baked in the online kitchen? Although I want to support Modaco, I don't want to pay for a premium account to get a mod that may or may not work.

You don't need to pay for Premium, you can buy ad free and then use the kitchen. It's so worth it, and it definitely works. Paul does a great job on this stuff. The Ad Free subscription is so ridiculously cheap, so just go for it.

Guest M Brouns

One error found: settings > about phone > learn more > ... results in a force close

Sorry!

The application Settings

(process com.android.settings)

has stopped unexpectedly.

Please try again.

Of course no major error but would nonetheless be nice to have fixed..

in order to avoid these questions over and over again i think the best is to make below the rom changelog a FAQ with around 5-10 frequent questions so all the users can read it right after the rom review......

like the alarm issue with stock lockscreen

or the sync icon

or something else

Good idea, i'll add this in!

P

One error found: settings > about phone > learn more > ... results in a force close

Sorry!

The application Settings

(process com.android.settings)

has stopped unexpectedly.

Please try again.

Of course no major error but would nonetheless be nice to have fixed..

I can probably fix this, it's a symptom if my removing the 'learn more' icon.

I removed the icon and the intent, I can probably restore the intent and that function will work.

P

Guest HearThatVoiceAgain
I can probably fix this, it's a symptom if my removing the 'learn more' icon.

I removed the icon and the intent, I can probably restore the intent and that function will work.

P

Wouldn't it be better to remove the Learn more menu item, surely we don't need it.

Guest stueeee

Note that battery life is also affected by good your signal is since the phone will seek for a good signal frequently in a low coverage area. The only way to compare is to check different builds in the same location.

I am certainly seeing the best battery life with the first r5 WIP (not tried most recent)

I get about 15 hours at present. 36 hours would be a dream :-)

Guest bhu73

just flashed latest / greatest with a2sd, no obvious issues for me (hboot 80). just wish i could get my head around exactly what i "need to /don't need to / should not" restore with titanium to avoid reinstalling all me apps / setup manually.

Guest tommo123

ok, i just installed this. few questions:

how to get that round battery icon?

before i had an error (mcr 3.1) re google earth. i couldnt find it in market,now i can but it wont install. no specific error. same with handcent sms. other things update and install fine though.

Guest Ajthescot
Just flashed this, i have done them before fine. Phone turned on, No network connection. Would not recognise micro sd card.

Went to go into recovery. selected recovery option then on computer selected recovery windows. and it just closes. i cant get into nandroid to restore. i cannot do anything. can you help? thank you

not sure if you got sorted but the same thing happened to me yesterday putting my phone into recovery just rebooted my phone couldnt access the sd card .

it was proper broke .

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...d-b0rked-fixed/

that thread was my savior

only thing the links were down for r6 risk free luckily i had the r5 backed up somewhere.

Guest gianfrancovialli10
Fill yer boots! :angry:

I'm not around really this weekend, so i'll pick up any issues on Monday before I do the prebakes. I plan to difference to a very low level this ROM and the stock Froyo FRF85B, then bring this ROM up to FRF91. I have a few other little treats planned too *evil laugh*...

In the meantime, enjoy! :D

P

when will the prebakes be ready?

Guest western

I have a problem with SetCPU 2.0.1, its not possible to set the Clockspeeds of the CPU on R5.

Is this a general problem of the HTC Kernel?

Is there a chance that this will be fixed in the near Future?

Maybe its only a problem on my Desire, has someone a working SetCPU on R5?

This was always my best method to save Power by setting the CPU to 245Mhz when Screen is OFF.

Guest pfsykes
Unbelievable.

What is your problem Paul is trying to build a release that is stable for common users.

Just Pay and bake your own or just wait for a stable release.

Peter

Guest EddyOS
What is your problem Paul is trying to build a release that is stable for common users.

Just Pay and bake your own or just wait for a stable release.

Peter

I think he way saying that at the person that was asking when the pre-bakes were available, and the fact it's been said there won't be any until Paul is ready to release them - if you look you'll see the person you quoted already has an Ad-Free account :angry:

Guest pfsykes
I think he way saying that at the person that was asking when the pre-bakes were available, and the fact it's been said there won't be any until Paul is ready to release them - if you look you'll see the person you quoted already has an Ad-Free account :angry:

Ok my mistake apologies DomP :D

Guest MightyOne

Changelog

r5 WIP refresh

• Added Trackpad Wake to kitchen (thanks burst)
  • Updated vold to FRF91 version to resolve Froyo A2SD / app install issues (thanks klutsh)
  • Fixed Launcher2 phone application association
  • Fixed FM Radio widget
  • Fixed News widget

Paul,

I Just installed R5 WIP of yesterday, the changelog states "Fixed FM Radio Widget". unfortunately i'm still not able to choose it.

gr,

Leon

not sure if you got sorted but the same thing happened to me yesterday putting my phone into recovery just rebooted my phone couldnt access the sd card .

it was proper broke .

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...d-b0rked-fixed/

that thread was my savior

only thing the links were down for r6 risk free luckily i had the r5 backed up somewhere.

Hi, im on this but stuck on this step. can someone explain step by step what i have to do thanks.

2. Enable the SD Card functionality. Boot your phone in FASTBOOT mode (back + power), and enter this command: 'fastboot oem enableqxdm 0' . This will re-enable your SD card.

Guest maati
Install Spare Parts in the kitchen and you can enable it IIRC?

P

Unfortunately not. There's no option in Spare Parts to enable the fly-in/out animations.

HTC seem to have removed those animations. They only work with LauncherPro for some reason, but not with ADW, Sense or any other Launcher.

And is there any way to sort the contacts by last name? I know there was in pre-Froyo ROMs, but where has this option gone?

Guest Ajthescot
Hi, im on this but stuck on this step. can someone explain step by step what i have to do thanks.

2. Enable the SD Card functionality. Boot your phone in FASTBOOT mode (back + power), and enter this command: 'fastboot oem enableqxdm 0' . This will re-enable your SD card.

if you are running windows you have to open a command prompt to your r5 or r6 folder and enter fastboot-windows oem enableqxdm 0

it should say "okay"

i was stuck there also

looking for help my self .

i have baked with and without a2sd+.

but cant seem to be able to move any apps about

i have formated my card with and without partions . is there something i am missing as when dj droid dropped the first froyo

it was just a case of going into aplications and hiting move to sd .

this isnt a major thing but i like my widgets to stay put as sometimes the dont load i just get the failed to load pic so i have to remove them and redo it.

Edited by Ajthescot