MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest le_lutin
Has nobody noticed that the cantacts can't be sorted by last name anymore?

Doesn't this annoy you?

I have never tried to sort by last name, so no, it doesn't annoy me.

Guest sanfran

Hi,

Does the full screen weather animation work?

On my phone it does not work, can someone please confirm?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Guest tommo123

anyone have any ideas why i can't install handcent anymore?

i install it and then it craps out saying 'installation unsuccessful' with a red triangle in the top bar :angry:

Guest bhu73
ok, i just installed this. few questions:

how to get that round battery icon?

before i had an error (mcr 3.1) re google earth. i couldnt find it in market,now i can but it wont install. no specific error. same with handcent sms. other things update and install fine though.

i had this. I mounted the sd card as a diskdrive and reinstalled the apps ok.

Guest StuMcBill
anyone have any ideas why i can't install handcent anymore?

i install it and then it craps out saying 'installation unsuccessful' with a red triangle in the top bar :angry:

I had this problem a while back, I had to wipe my Dalvik-Cache before it would work.

Are you running A2SD+? If you are, you will have to manually wipe your dalvik-cache or use Amon-Ra recovery as there is a bug in ClockworkMod which doesn't wipe your dalvik-cache if you are running A2SD+.

Guest tommo123
I had this problem a while back, I had to wipe my Dalvik-Cache before it would work.

Are you running A2SD+? If you are, you will have to manually wipe your dalvik-cache or use Amon-Ra recovery as there is a bug in ClockworkMod which doesn't wipe your dalvik-cache if you are running A2SD+.

i am running it, yeah

everything else works besides google earth (well, i cant update it). will leave it for now then. dont want to risk messing around more than i should :angry:

Today I've rooted using r6, supposedly partitioned the SD card using ROM Manager although no apps at all will allow me to move them to the SD card, so I can't tell if it was successful. I've also installed Paul's latest r5 ROM including A2SD+.

Everything seems fine, apart from not being able to move the apps, BUT it's got a weird problem - it's constantly syncing! Background sync and Auto sync are both ticked obviously, but even after a successful sync the icon is constantly in the menu bar, I put the Sync All widget on the homescreen to check, and it's constantly going round, and has been for 2 hours!

Anybody got any ideas? Either with the A2SD+ problem, or more importantly the Sync problem?

Thanks!

Today I've rooted using r6, supposedly partitioned the SD card using ROM Manager although no apps at all will allow me to move them to the SD card, so I can't tell if it was successful. I've also installed Paul's latest r5 ROM including A2SD+.

Everything seems fine, apart from not being able to move the apps, BUT it's got a weird problem - it's constantly syncing! Background sync and Auto sync are both ticked obviously, but even after a successful sync the icon is constantly in the menu bar, I put the Sync All widget on the homescreen to check, and it's constantly going round, and has been for 2 hours!

Anybody got any ideas? Either with the A2SD+ problem, or more importantly the Sync problem?

Thanks!

you need friendstream

Guest Paulo Nobrega
The blue LED works fine for me (receiving SMS with handcent).

i was using the blue one also... now i try all colors and just does not work...

Ahhhh! I took that out of the bake - any quick solution to putting it back in? Or a whole new install?

probably but i dont know how... just rebake

probably but i dont know how... just rebake

Hmmm strange - it was a gmail problem and couldn't sync. Just did a successful gmail sync, and it's all gone back to normal.

Now on to the A2SD+ problem and partitioning... haven't got a clue. Tho I think a rebake might be in order :angry:

Guest StuMcBill
Hmmm strange - it was a gmail problem and couldn't sync. Just did a successful gmail sync, and it's all gone back to normal.

Now on to the A2SD+ problem and partitioning... haven't got a clue. Tho I think a rebake might be in order :angry:

If you have A2SD+ installed, you just need to ignore the Froyo SD Card implementation, everything goes directly to your SD EXT partition.

If you have A2SD+ installed, you just need to ignore the Froyo SD Card implementation, everything goes directly to your SD EXT partition.

Ah didn't know that! Thanks very much :-)

Guest Kushan

Possible bug?

I only just noticed this so I don't know how long I've had it, but I went into accounts & Sync and noticed that my facebook account wasn't listed (there was Facebook for HTC sense, but not plain ol' Facebook). I have the Facebook application installed via the Kitchen.

Anyway, when I try to add the account, it lists Facebook (along with google, twitter, etc.) but when I select it, nothing happens.

Possible bug?

I only just noticed this so I don't know how long I've had it, but I went into accounts & Sync and noticed that my facebook account wasn't listed (there was Facebook for HTC sense, but not plain ol' Facebook). I have the Facebook application installed via the Kitchen.

Anyway, when I try to add the account, it lists Facebook (along with google, twitter, etc.) but when I select it, nothing happens.

same here but are there any difference between facebook and facebook for sense?

Guest Wovchik
Hi,

Does the full screen weather animation work?

On my phone it does not work, can someone please confirm?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

I Flashed today the newest Version from Kitchen with a Wipe and here works the animation Fine

Guest Kushan
same here but are there any difference between facebook and facebook for sense?

The "facebook" application is the "facebook" bit and the "facebook for HTC Sense" goes into friend stream, as far as I'm aware. I don't know if it's related, but for a while now, Handcent hasn't been grabbing people's images from facebook like it used to.

Guest LouiS22
damn... then im out of ideas... not working here... :D

(BLue) LED IS surely working with R5 and with Handcent. Think you SHOULD do a full wipe, and start from scratch. That SHOULD fix the thing. :angry:

Edited by LouiS22

The "facebook" application is the "facebook" bit and the "facebook for HTC Sense" goes into friend stream, as far as I'm aware. I don't know if it's related, but for a while now, Handcent hasn't been grabbing people's images from facebook like it used to.

facebook profile pictures show up on my handcent. but i flashed r5 on top of MCR r6 without wipe. what bothers me is that when a friend updates his pictures it doesnt get synced with the contacts app

(BLue) LED IS surely working with R5 and with Handcent. Think you SHOULD do a full wipe, and start from scratch. That SHOULD fix the thing. :angry:

works here aswell

Guest maati
I have never tried to sort by last name, so no, it doesn't annoy me.

This is crazy... I didn't think anyone would sort his contacts by first name...

Guest acrickie

Rooted my Desire last night using the "unrevoked3" method and installed the latest version of this ROM this morning.

Almost everything seems to be OK, although I have to admit I probably haven't tried every feature yet!

I have one app that I use which is now force closing every time "Calendar Snooze".

I did a full factory reset wipe and a dalvik cache wipe before installing the ROM?

Does anyone else use this app without it force closing on this ROM - it was fine on my original ROM and the developer has done some Froyo updates so it should be compatible?

Guest Wite_Noiz
Possible bug?

I noticed this on my stock HTC Desire. I think you can only have Facebook for HTC Sense or Facebook, but not both.

It's odd, because you click it for ages but nothing ever happens.