MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest klutsh

I did the wipe and re-install, R5 & Handcent, I get no Blue LED

This is the logcat

07-21 22:46:56.233: VERBOSE/NotificationService(176): Charging for Hero ...

07-21 22:46:56.233: ERROR/lights(176): write ok string=1,len=1

07-21 22:46:56.243: ERROR/lights(176): write ok string=0,len=1

07-21 22:46:56.243: ERROR/lights(176): write ok string=0 0,len=3

07-21 22:46:56.254: ERROR/lights(176): write ok string=0,len=1

07-21 22:46:56.254: ERROR/lights(176): write ok string=0 0,len=3

07-21 22:46:56.254: DEBUG/NotificationService(176): cancelNotification, ACTION_NOTIFICATION_REMOVE,pkg=com.handcent.nextsms,id=888

Guest le_lutin
This is crazy... I didn't think anyone would sort his contacts by first name...

I didn't think anyone would sort their contacts by last name!

Guest DigitalC
This is crazy... I didn't think anyone would sort his contacts by first name...

There are a lot of people in my phone book to which i couldn't even hazard a guess as to their last names never mind search by it :angry:

Guest ciairo

For all having the issue of Sense often restarting, this might be of help.

I realized that in my device I was running several instances of all screen widgets, just stacked one above the other, therefore difficult to spot. I've finally noticed that on a transparent widget when I played with it and saw the other ones below it.

They were really a lot, e.g. I had 4 different instances of the HTC weather widget running on the same time! Perhaps this depends on the various full restores that I did with Titanium backup, or something else, I dunno. Anyway, removing the widgets (simply dragging them one by one but the last in the remove area) I easily solved. It seems that Sense is performing better now.

Guest StuMcBill

Just noticed a problem with r5, when using the alarm (its NOT about turning it off using stock homescreen), the volume buttons don't seem to do anything, regardless of what you have 'side button behaviour' set to.

Anyone else seeing this?

Guest ssergE

Hi

Just went from Defrost to the lastest Kitchen r5 - Fantastic release. No major issues, however I find that the market doesnt recognise that I am running 2.2, and as such, Flash and the like are not available.

Have I missed something? I performed a full wipe before install.

Guest Von Ropen
Just noticed a problem with r5, when using the alarm (its NOT about turning it off using stock homescreen), the volume buttons don't seem to do anything, regardless of what you have 'side button behaviour' set to.

Anyone else seeing this?

Yep... same happen to me... :angry:

Guest dodolom

Is anyone having a Force Close with the ny times app? I've tried it on this latest release of r5 and the version of the r5 before this last one and it always force closes on me.

Can someone test it please?

Guest ssergE
Is anyone having a Force Close with the ny times app? I've tried it on this latest release of r5 and the version of the r5 before this last one and it always force closes on me.

Can someone test it please?

I am running fresh r5 and just tested the NYTimes app without issue (articles read, topics changed).

Guest saisquare

Just flashed r5, everything works perfect but youtube widget.

I got the Youtube widget loading for nothing. FC sometimes happen. But it works perfect when open as an app, just the wideget doesnt work.

Is anyone having the same problem.

Guest dodolom
I am running fresh r5 and just tested the NYTimes app without issue (articles read, topics changed).

thanks. I will re-install r5 and see what happens but now I am having an issue with the Flixster/Movies app. It is showing me completely wrong information. Look at the screenshot I just took. All the info is inaccurate. I've wiped everything out, now on the stock rom and it is the same thing. Is anyone else is having this problem with Flixster/Movies app? If now, what do u recommend?

post-719178-1279779699_thumb.png

Guest nirrub

Hi all

New to this forum and to Desire (just under a month now). I bought it Rooted so I didn't have to go through the agony of rooting it :-) (even though the new 1 click rooting seems a breeze).

I was on stock ROM until yesterday when I baked and flashed this ROM with ROM Manager (with the new radio).

Everything works great besides 2 issues: 1. One HTC widget is missing (the notes thingy) and I can't connect to HTC to get any more widgets 2. no HTC wallpapers included (I'd really love to get them back)

Other than that, everything works great - thanks Paul for this!

BTW, I saw a link in this post for the new battery icon - how do I install it to my phone?

Thanks again for this great release!

Guest Han-Droid
For all having the issue of Sense often restarting, this might be of help.

I realized that in my device I was running several instances of all screen widgets, just stacked one above the other, therefore difficult to spot. I've finally noticed that on a transparent widget when I played with it and saw the other ones below it.

They were really a lot, e.g. I had 4 different instances of the HTC weather widget running on the same time! Perhaps this depends on the various full restores that I did with Titanium backup, or something else, I dunno. Anyway, removing the widgets (simply dragging them one by one but the last in the remove area) I easily solved. It seems that Sense is performing better now.

NICE! Got the same here, double widgets. Explanation sounds reasonable. This must have come from not wiping....

Guest dodolom

So, I went ahead and wiped out the phone into factory condition and all and installed the latest r5 from the online kitchen but still the same issue with the ny times, it loads the front page and immediately force closes.

I wonder why it's doing it.

Guest zeroprobe

I think I have found a bug.

When using GPS navigation with music playing (for my car) The navigation instructions stop the music as normal, but the phone does not automatically start the music again.

Guest ferieguru
BTW, I saw a link in this post for the new battery icon - how do I install it to my phone?

Download it to your SD card, go into recovery mode and install zip from SD card.

Guest encrypt

I'm not into modding so much but I'm trying to theme framework-res.apk and I always get force closes and bootloop.

So can someone answer - is this ROM properly deodexed?

Guest LouiS22
I did the wipe and re-install, R5 & Handcent, I get no Blue LED

This is the logcat

07-21 22:46:56.233: VERBOSE/NotificationService(176): Charging for Hero ...

07-21 22:46:56.233: ERROR/lights(176): write ok string=1,len=1

07-21 22:46:56.243: ERROR/lights(176): write ok string=0 0,len=3

07-21 22:46:56.254: ERROR/lights(176): write ok string=0,len=1

07-21 22:46:56.254: ERROR/lights(176): write ok string=0 0,len=3

07-21 22:46:56.254: DEBUG/NotificationService(176): cancelNotification, ACTION_NOTIFICATION_REMOVE,pkg=com.handcent.nextsms,id=888

Really strange... But do you have a Hero?

Guest DiscoHero
Those 2 there would cause battery drain.

Granted you need mobile network for your work email, but most of the time Auto Brightness is FAR too bright.

Have it on Auto while you're out and about, but set it on a lower manual setting when you're indoors.

Most of the day mine is between 9% and 15% and the battery lasts for 40hours without any particular care.

Took auto-brightness off and set it to 40ish pct, as per your advise. Running DeFrost 800mv I am down to 71% since my last post from yesterday with somewhat lighter usage than usually ... simply amazing. I actually wish I could keep 2G off in my area since 3G reception is significantly better. I get nearly full bars on 3G/H and 1-2 when on 2G ... odd, but probably has something to do with antenna in my area. The switch over sometimes kills my gtalk as Android still isn't stellar handling handover from 2G to 3G to WiFi and vice versa.

Then again my Desire appears to be unique, for lack of a better word, I've been having mixed luck with some of the other ROMs in terms of battery ... unusually high processor loads even when in standby, phone wouldn't go into standby at all, 100 to 90 pct w/in seconds, display sucking 99% perpetually ... and it can handle 800mV kernel w/o a hitch whereas other Desires exhibit weird behaviour, go figure.

I don't know enough to tell the difference in the sources for the ROMS. Heck what Paul and other enthusiasts do is "magical" to me :( But I've noticed that MDC, Open Desire, DJ-D and CM tend to exhibit similar battery life issues ... at least judging from the forums Perhaps, things will improve with the next Froyo leak unless FR91 is the final before Gingerbread hits the scene.

Hi

Just went from Defrost to the lastest Kitchen r5 - Fantastic release. No major issues, however I find that the market doesnt recognise that I am running 2.2, and as such, Flash and the like are not available.

Have I missed something? I performed a full wipe before install.

i think i have the same problem. Was looking for flash in market, but couldnt find it

Guest tanams85

Hi Paul,

Any chance of getting tun.ko for this kernel ?

I found openvpn binary and looks like it's working, but no luck with tun.ko - insmod always complains about kernel version mismatch, can't load it :/

Thanks for the great work you do!

Guest Tjeutje

I like the R5 build very much, works very smooth.

However, I have a small problem. Don't know if it has been mentioned before, but with the latest R5 builds the network location can't be determined on my Desire. I like the Sense clock / weather widget, so I reverted to R4,

now everything works fine again.

What could be the problem, and is there a fix?

Guest gandalfmuaddib
I like the R5 build very much, works very smooth.

However, I have a small problem. Don't know if it has been mentioned before, but with the latest R5 builds the network location can't be determined on my Desire. I like the Sense clock / weather widget, so I reverted to R4,

now everything works fine again.

What could be the problem, and is there a fix?

Works for me here on R5. Did you do a full wipe?

(As always, do a Nandroid backup before you do anything...)

Maybe a good idea would be to post what packages you've removed in the kitchen.