MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest nirrub

Just created a new gmail account (not a google apps one) and added it to my phone - it also doesn't sync. It seems there is a problem auto-syncing any accounts beyond the default one.

Can anyone confirm this?

Guest Paulo Nobrega
(BLue) LED IS surely working with R5 and with Handcent. Think you SHOULD do a full wipe, and start from scratch. That SHOULD fix the thing. :(

I did a full wipe before flashing the R5 and still dont works.

I did the wipe and re-install, R5 & Handcent, I get no Blue LED

This is the logcat

07-21 22:46:56.233: VERBOSE/NotificationService(176): Charging for Hero ...

07-21 22:46:56.233: ERROR/lights(176): write ok string=1,len=1

07-21 22:46:56.243: ERROR/lights(176): write ok string=0,len=1

07-21 22:46:56.243: ERROR/lights(176): write ok string=0 0,len=3

07-21 22:46:56.243: ERROR/lights(176): write ok string=0,len=1

07-21 22:46:56.254: ERROR/lights(176): write ok string=0,len=1

07-21 22:46:56.254: ERROR/lights(176): write ok string=0 0,len=3

07-21 22:46:56.254: DEBUG/NotificationService(176): cancelNotification, ACTION_NOTIFICATION_REMOVE,pkg=com.handcent.nextsms,id=888

yep. same here.

Yeah, I see... I don't remember clearly how Handcent's developer solved the LED thingy... I've juest tested and all the colors are correctly working with my Desire. Strange...

If you want, I could do a logcat of my Desire, maybe you'll find what's OK here and what's wrong there.

that would be great... cause it's really strange... It just stopped working... and even if it was a Hancent thing it sould work with other apps like ChompSms...

I read somewhere that code to use LED changed on Froyo, so the Hancent guys had to change de code of the app to use LED again..

Guest FloHimself
After editing framework-res.apk I always get force closes and bootloop.

So can someone answer - is this ROM properly deodexed?

It is partly odexed.

Guest encrypt
It is partly odexed.

I did some research and framework-res should be deodexed... but /system/app is odexed

So is this maybe the reason for force-closes? Sad... I wanted to make a theme. :(

EDIT:

I also tried to deodex all the apps with a kitchen... but 3 from 126 apps failed and when i tried to flash the update it couldn't boot...

So,

PAUL, can you maybe add an option to the online kitchen so that we can select if we want the apps odexed or not? THANKS

Edited by encrypt

Guest sanfran
I Flashed today the newest Version from Kitchen with a Wipe and here works the animation Fine

Thanks! I baked today a new rom and it is working now!

BR Robert

Guest Milos SK
Really? That's strange. I switched the order of my partitions to fat32 first and ext3 second, because that's what is says in the Kitchen:

This option adds an A2SD script to the startup process. This version also moved dalvik-cache to SD. To use A2SD, you should partition your SD card to have a FAT32 partition first, then an EXT3 partition second. Ext4 is NOT supported. If you include this option, do NOT include the A2SD option.

I'll try repartitioning my card then. Hopefully it will result in a more stable install of Froyo. Still it is a bit strange that this is opposite of the recommended partition order.

Sorry, now I realized that first time I partitioned ext3 as first partition and fat32 as second, then I repartitioned so now I have fat32 as first partition.

How did you partitioned your card? I used gparted in ubuntu.

EDIT: Do you have both partitions primary?

Edited by Milos SK

Guest Odroid
Sorry, now I realized that first time I partitioned ext3 as first partition and fat32 as second, then I repartitioned so now I have fat32 as first partition.

How did you partitioned your card? I used gparted in ubuntu.

EDIT: Do you have both partitions primary?

I think I also had ext3 as a first partition initally. Froyo wouldn't boot at all, as I recall. I partitioned with the standard disk-toolset in Ubuntu 10.04. Not sure if they are primary partitions, but I guess they should be. I'll check.

Still, with my current Froyo-rom without A2SD+ I still get crash-reboots running certain apps. Most recently it crashed on Dolphin HD and Google Maps Navigation.

It must be some incompatibility with A2SD+ and this leaked rom. Probably going to switch back to a 2.1 rom. That was a lot more stable.

Guest nirrub

Can anyone confirm the problem I have with multiple gmail accounts? - only the first one (default) auto-syncs and the rest do not (even though they're marked)

Guest zedeff

I cant get facebook for sense to work. it gives me error saying this service is not available. R5 Cooked ROM. No HTC parts left out.

Guest dodolom

Anybody having the same problem with the flixster app? Can someone confirm it please?

All the info on flixster is out of sync/wrong. Upcoming movies show, Karate Kid, A Team,etc...Box office amounts are way off,etc... I just wanna know if this is just me or a general issue going on with this app on the Android platform. I've checked my wife's iPhone and she doesn't have this issue on her flixster app.

Guest tommo123
Neither, think it's 15fps (tbh I've not checked)

media player classic says it fluctuates from 14-18 or so.

basically makes it really choppy

i'd personally rather have 720x576 or whatever, but with the highest frame rate possible. 60fps would be great. would remove the choppyness

Guest Wovchik
Can anyone confirm the problem I have with multiple gmail accounts? - only the first one (default) auto-syncs and the rest do not (even though they're marked)

This problem i have too with the backed rom from yeterday.

Flasched with a full Wipe.

hope some one have an idea how to fix it

Guest harolds5

Same problem here.

Anybody having the same problem with the flixster app? Can someone confirm it please?

All the info on flixster is out of sync/wrong. Upcoming movies show, Karate Kid, A Team,etc...Box office amounts are way off,etc... I just wanna know if this is just me or a general issue going on with this app on the Android platform. I've checked my wife's iPhone and she doesn't have this issue on her flixster app.

Works correctly for me.

Guest simon_h
I cant get facebook for sense to work. it gives me error saying this service is not available. R5 Cooked ROM. No HTC parts left out.

I can confirm this.. Flashed two Desires with the 2.2 WIP (r5) today, and get "Warning! The Service is currently unavailable. Do you want to try again." [Yes/No]... on both of them, with different FB-accounts.

Is it a FB-problem or is it a HTC Sense-issue?

/Simon

post-659090-1279818151_thumb.png

Guest le_lutin

You're joking, right?

You know Karate Kid and the A Team have been remade (and are indeed upcoming), right?

Guest pawel.mrk

Do anybody else have a bluetooth connections issues? I can't send any files from my phone to laptop :/ Sending files to other phones sometimes working fine, sometimes is failed. I can send files from laptop to Desire, but not in other direction :/ Any suggestions please? I using BT a lot and I need to get it back to work. If not - will need to go back to 2.1... :/

Guest dodolom
You're joking, right?

You know Karate Kid and the A Team have been remade (and are indeed upcoming), right?

Dude, I am not an idiot. I know they are re-makes but they have been released in the US on June 11th which is OBVIOUSLY not an Upcoming Date.

Do you get my point???

Guest simon_h

I LOLED :-D

They are remakes, check IMDB! =D

Also, cannot confirm, works for me!

Guest dodolom
I LOLED :-D

They are remakes, check IMDB! =D

Also, cannot confirm, works for me!

I know they are re-makes but these re-makes have been out for over a month in the US and since flixster shows you the movie info based on your location, it should not be showing me that they are the upcoming movies.