MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Arthur Hucksake
I know they are re-makes but these re-makes have been out for over a month in the US and since flixster shows you the movie info based on your location, it should not be showing me that they are the upcoming movies.

The A-Team isn't out in the UK yet, I guess that's why. Start's this week. So it's using UK locale instead of the US, is that it?

I thought you used GPS to decide location with that app, it then pulls the relevant data.

Guest simon_h
Dude, I am not an idiot. I know they are re-makes but they have been released in the US on June 11th which is OBVIOUSLY not an Upcoming Date.

Do you get my point???

Ahh, did not check that.. but did nao,.. and it works for me..

[ Removed attachment,.. but its not shown in upcoming.. ]

BR /Simon

Edited by simon_h

Guest dodolom
The A-Team isn't out in the UK yet, I guess that's why. Start's this week. So it's using UK locale instead of the US, is that it?

I thought you used GPS to decide location with that app, it then pulls the relevant data.

I don't know where it is getting its information from but I am using it NETWORK only. Not GPS, maybe I should try with the GPS and see what happens.

Guest tinyk

I have had to go back to a r4 version I had, couldn't open attachments in emails, gave me the option to preview or download but either option just said fetching. It could be a network problem since the apn's are missing from the r5 builds I might have got something wrong when entering manually but I don't think so as everything else worked ok

Gone back to the r4 I had saved and working 100% with pictures auto previewing just like they should.

Guest j_simon208

weird new prob for me. Been running the r5 refresh for the last couple days..but TODAY if I plug in any USB my LED goes purple and nothing happens I dont even get a prompt for "charge only, disk drive or sync" anyone gotta idea?

Guest PandaKiller
weird new prob for me. Been running the r5 refresh for the last couple days..but TODAY if I plug in any USB my LED goes purple and nothing happens I dont even get a prompt for "charge only, disk drive or sync" anyone gotta idea?

r5 don't have HTC sync

Guest LouiS22
media player classic says it fluctuates from 14-18 or so.

basically makes it really choppy

i'd personally rather have 720x576 or whatever, but with the highest frame rate possible. 60fps would be great. would remove the choppyness

Actually that won't happen in the nearest future. Besides that, your tv is running on 25 fps, so that should be enough.

Personal note: this phone is not a camcorder, the sensor is waaaay too tiny to take decent pictures. Not to mention HD... That's just marketing bullsh...

Guest StuMcBill
r5 don't have HTC sync

Yes it does. R5 kitchen doesn't give you the option to exclude HTC sync.

Every r5 bake includes HTC sync!

Guest EroThraX
media player classic says it fluctuates from 14-18 or so.

basically makes it really choppy

i'd personally rather have 720x576 or whatever, but with the highest frame rate possible. 60fps would be great. would remove the choppyness

It's completely variable depending on light conditions and how the phone is running.

I've had recordings at constant 20+ FPS whilst others were around 10FPS.

Guest brosk
I can confirm this.. Flashed two Desires with the 2.2 WIP (r5) today, and get "Warning! The Service is currently unavailable. Do you want to try again." [Yes/No]... on both of them, with different FB-accounts.

Is it a FB-problem or is it a HTC Sense-issue?

/Simon

post-659090-1279818151_thumb.png

I have the same problem here.

Guest tommo123
Actually that won't happen in the nearest future. Besides that, your tv is running on 25 fps, so that should be enough.

Personal note: this phone is not a camcorder, the sensor is waaaay too tiny to take decent pictures. Not to mention HD... That's just marketing bullsh...

my tv is 60 hz (it's a monitor.)

25 is not enough. that's why video games like crysis add motion blurr (like movies) to try and make 30 or so fps look less flicky.

as said, if they gave me a lower res but 60fps then that would be vastly superior to this

A nice finding :

Went to recovery /clockworkmod/ and wipe battery stats /in advanced/ .

Before this my battery was draining in a single day.

After this i have 48hours of moderate use again :( or 1 day of heavy use. I presume that light use should give even 3 days of battery , but it's a hard to resist playing :(

Happy :P

Edited by Rust

Guest kerfuffle

This rom looks great. I'm still running one of the original roms as I cannot for the life of me get any of the others to install. I've tried re-partitioning the SD... but when Installing its failing at the symlink of /system... no matter which version I try.

I'm being stupid somewhere, but cant see how... I've got a recovery rom (probably fairly old now) and have restored with a kitchen version of r5... crashes the installer on /system :(

Anyone know how to fix this?

Guest StuMcBill

I just tried to add a 'Facebook for HTC Sync' account and I am told that this service is not available.

I wanted to add this so I could sync contact photos.

Anyone got any ideas?

Guest Rallendk

I know this is most likely the dumbest question ever. But.

I thought it was possible to download the rom in standard build without being a premium member? As far as I can see It's only possible to download the rom through the kitchen - which I obviously can't cause im a free member.

Any help? :(

Guest StuMcBill

I thought it was possible to download the rom in standard build without being a premium member? As far as I can see It's only possible to download the rom through the kitchen - which I obviously can't cause im a free member.

They will eventually be available, when Paul is happy with the rom, he will release the pre-bakes.

Just buy an ad-free account, it is worth every penny!

Guest Entreated

Anyone experiencing lag / slight freeze for a few seconds on the unlock screen?

Mainly on the unlock screen i am experiencing lag but also in a few applications my phone tends to lock up for a few seconds or freeze for a few minutes to which i have to take the battery out as i get impatient of waiting for it to come back to life..

So just wondering if anyone else is experiencing any lag / freezing of any sort as it is becoming quite annoying and have only noticed since the upgrade to the latest r5 over the past few days.

Guest dodolom

guys this is Off-Topic but I really need help. Usually my original MicroSD that came with the phone shows 3.69 GB in free space,never shows the 4gb but whatever.

Anyways, earlier I partitioned it for 512mb which took it down to 3.19, but I just had to reset the phone from scratch and everything and the SD is still showing 3.19, how do I remove the old partition. I've tried everything and nothing works. It's showing 3.19 gb all the time now.

Any suggestions? I've tried an app for windows called Paragon something and it is not showing that it has a 2nd partition but obviously it does somewhere/somehow have a 2nd partition.

Guest pawel.mrk

Its 10 quid only mate, it's not a lot for his job, don't you think? :(

Guest Kevex
I just tried to add a 'Facebook for HTC Sync' account and I am told that this service is not available.

I wanted to add this so I could sync contact photos.

Anyone got any ideas?

Having the facebook issue as well...

Guest pawel.mrk
guys this is Off-Topic but I really need help. Usually my original MicroSD that came with the phone shows 3.69 GB in free space,never shows the 4gb but whatever.

Anyways, earlier I partitioned it for 512mb which took it down to 3.19, but I just had to reset the phone from scratch and everything and the SD is still showing 3.19, how do I remove the old partition. I've tried everything and nothing works. It's showing 3.19 gb all the time now.

Any suggestions? I've tried an app for windows called Paragon something and it is not showing that it has a 2nd partition but obviously it does somewhere/somehow have a 2nd partition.

Download SDFormatter v2.0 (look for sdfv2000.zip file). It will help.

Guest le_lutin
Dude, I am not an idiot. I know they are re-makes but they have been released in the US on June 11th which is OBVIOUSLY not an Upcoming Date.

Do you get my point???

Chief, this is the internet, there are idiots all over the place!

But apologies, I didn't mean to insult you. It was just a coincidence that the two films you mentioned happened ed to be remakes, and I didn't know that they were already out in the states.

Sorry again if I offended you.

Guest dodolom
Chief, this is the internet, there are idiots all over the place!

But apologies, I didn't mean to insult you. It was just a coincidence that the two films you mentioned happened ed to be remakes, and I didn't know that they were already out in the states.

Sorry again if I offended you.

Oh god no, you didn't offend me at all. My frustration was not at you, I am sorry if I sounded rude. I am just so frustrated because it is one of my very favorite apps and no matter what I tried, it is still the same. It shows me like, iNception made 5.9 million dollars, and bunch of incorrect info.

Oh well.

Guest wontcachme

I just flashed my Desire and after an hour i went back to mcr3.1. After installing all the apps i use Handsent kept crashing (when starting it and when booting the phone). Also the Media process was constantly crashing. This also after a full whipe.

Let's try again tomorrow :(