MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

its wokring for me! im using the htc alam and its works with the htc lock screen (if stock lock screen means htc lock screen, if not, then nvm :()

stock lock screen is not htc lock screen

Guest Sillium

first my Chrome says "downloading x / 144 MB", then it always "finishes" the download at around 25 MB and of course the MD5 checksum is incorrect aftwerwards. anyone else having this problem? tried with three different kitchen settings and the kitchen server shown to me is 'Delia'.

Guest dchuraman
first my Chrome says "downloading x / 144 MB", then it always "finishes" the download at around 25 MB and of course the MD5 checksum is incorrect aftwerwards. anyone else having this problem? tried with three different kitchen settings and the kitchen server shown to me is 'Delia'.

yep, i have exactly the same problem, stops at 25MB on the dot. I ended up having to use another browser as i didnt have time to work out why it was doing it with chrome

Guest rdoxenham

Only problem I'm having is updating applications from the Market- for some reason they just sit there saying 'Downloading' both on WiFi and 3G/H :(

Guest Sillium
Only problem I'm having is updating applications from the Market- for some reason they just sit there saying 'Downloading' both on WiFi and 3G/H :(

Had the very same problem yesterday. Are you sure there's enough space left on the device? I deleted some applications and only then the updating process continued over the "Starting download" stage.

Guest Bol2riz

Cancel it and restart download... I've got that too it's annoying

Guest FloHimself
I can probably fix this, it's a symptom if my removing the 'learn more' icon.

I removed the icon and the intent, I can probably restore the intent and that function will work.

P

Paul,

what to do to restore the intent manually?

Flo

Guest squrl

Had this too, seems like the A2SD fix does not bake in. After downloading and flashing this, everything installs just fine.

Guest EroThraX
I have to say these ROMS are fantastic, Thansk Paul

the only thing i have noticed is that R4 works fine for me, cant really say i have experienced any issues in the way i use it, however the latest R5 i seem to have a problem with the Alarm.

When it goes off in the morning, i cant turn it off. The alarm comes on and vibrates but the actual snooze screen is not there.

It works on R4 but not R5.

the only difference with my bake between r4 and r5 is on r5 i have used the Android stock lock screen.

Any one else experienced this?

love the work Paul, keep it up.

Flash or bake the stock alarm clock for use with the stock Android lock screen.

Guest bhu73
Anyone experiencing lag / slight freeze for a few seconds on the unlock screen?

Mainly on the unlock screen i am experiencing lag but also in a few applications my phone tends to lock up for a few seconds or freeze for a few minutes to which i have to take the battery out as i get impatient of waiting for it to come back to life..

So just wondering if anyone else is experiencing any lag / freezing of any sort as it is becoming quite annoying and have only noticed since the upgrade to the latest r5 over the past few days.

had this once, using a pin code to unlock, but it does not seem to have repeated. I suspect user error ;-)

Guest miguelsanchez79

Has anybody got problems with reception using latest radio?

In my case when display is off reception drops dramaticaly. All my friends complain that it's not possible to phone me.

as soon as I unlock phone reception comes back and I get few txt msgs about missing calls.

It happens everywhere so it's not local related.

it drives me mad as I cannot use phone properly.

My radio: 32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08 (but have same problem with older froyo radio)

network: orange uk

Guest pfsykes
HELP!!!!

Stuck at Android and white BOX

What now

Ok so its ok... however no 3G data not sure why. T Mobile.

Any one got any ideas.

Peter

Guest CaspaTheGhost

Paul, can you clarify what is in the prebakes - It looks like its actually default additions, default additions with A2SD+, and finally no optional additions...

Also, what are the default additions in this instance? Is the new radio included as I have a Orange handset?

thanks...

Guest pfsykes
HELP!!!!

Stuck at Android and white BOX

What now

Any one got any ideas.

Peter

3G now working but flash crashes the browser

Any ideas... I did install flash for 2.1 is this the cause of the problem.

Peter

Guest tommo123

for PAUL

i posted earlier that since updating to this, i've had some probs with AVC videos. i encoded them to 800xXXX and maxed out the settings (reference frames, b frames as far as i could with handbrake (gui for x264)). they played fine with stock, mcr3.1 but with this there's stuttering for a second, every few seconds. nothing gets out of sync though.

i've encoded the files again in a less demanding way and they play fine (standard iphone profile and 720xXXX res). i'm going to try again with an 800x res and standard settings to test but is there any reason why the previous videos wouldn't work now with the same player (stock, meridian) when they were fine before?

not a biggie, but more of a curiosity for me :(

ta.

Guest tommo123

Any one got any ideas.

Peter

was same with me. google t-mobile apn - use those details. i had to fiddle a little. apn backup and restore didn't do the trick for me :(

goog news is, it only takes a few minutes

Guest ferryrich

I've just jumped to the new prebake with Apps2SD+ from the original ROM that was included with the first Root method.

Only problem so far has been having to reselect an APN in order to get mobile network working.

I didn't wipe or anything.

Great job.

I'll have to sign up for a paid account after payday as way of thanks, Paul!

Guest Surfinette
Has anybody got problems with reception using latest radio?

In my case when display is off reception drops dramaticaly. All my friends complain that it's not possible to phone me.

as soon as I unlock phone reception comes back and I get few txt msgs about missing calls.

It happens everywhere so it's not local related.

it drives me mad as I cannot use phone properly.

My radio: 32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08 (but have same problem with older froyo radio)

network: orange uk

Now that you say it, I had a lot of similar complains over the last few days... Even when I get 4 bar reception

I'm with Orange France

Edited by Surfinette