MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest auzeal

errr...

got into recovery fine

performed nandroid backup fine

installed r5-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-a2sd+-signed fine

and then I had to manually go back to the previous menu to reboot phone...

tell me i did this right...

right now... its stuck on the green HTC with white background...

I was previously using the r3.1-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-a2sd+-signed

Guest auzeal

well... after having already waited 5-10 mins, i pulled the battery out as I couldnt turn it off with the power button.

put the battery back in and turned on the phone

this time the "quietly brilliant" came up

and another little wait longer, booted up fine =)

*phew*

Guest ianm2k4
errr...

got into recovery fine

performed nandroid backup fine

installed r5-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-a2sd+-signed fine

and then I had to manually go back to the previous menu to reboot phone...

tell me i did this right...

right now... its stuck on the green HTC with white background...

I was previously using the r3.1-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-a2sd+-signed

You did right. Just go back into recovery and do a wipe and factory reset, then reboot. All should be fine then. You may need to upgrade your radio

Guest ianm2k4
thanks. Finally managed to install this rom. However, i still can't get a2sd+ which is the version i install. under the manage applications the option of move to sd is not lighted up for pressing. Any work around. Thanks.

Reaally need a2sd. that's why i rooted.

As said before. Apps2SD or Apps2SD+ from these roms is not the same Apps2SD that is built into Froyo - which is where you see the SD card under manage apps.

To see if this is working the easy way is to load Quick System Info and look at the status to see if Apps2SD is showing sizes. Should show a total size and remaining - which should decrease the more you add apps.

You have created an ext partition on the sd card? You need that to make Apps2SD(+) work.

Edited by ianm2k4

Guest ianm2k4
Possibly a silly question! I installed the prebake with Apps2sd+ (I think) but where do I find it on the phone?

You cant find it .. Its not an app.. Its a script that puts links into the apps directory to redirect where apps are actually stored.

Guest pd555
You cant find it .. Its not an app.. Its a script that puts links into the apps directory to redirect where apps are actually stored.

Is there an "idiots guide" as to how to get this working? I haven't partitioned the SD card etc. Thanks

Guest sudeki300

Noonski can you please point me in the directio of the latest radio releases as icannot see them on this forum, would they be over on xda?.......................sudeki300

don't worry i found it over on xda.............sudeki300

Edited by sudeki300

Guest ianm2k4
Is there an "idiots guide" as to how to get this working? I haven't partitioned the SD card etc. Thanks

Probably one somewhere on this forum. But in a nutshell..

Go to recovery. Select partition SD card, create an Ext partition (512M default is fine - make it bigger if you want) the rest should be FAT32. If it asks for a swap partition then just accept the defaults. After its finished doing the partitioning go back and select change Ext to Ext3 partition.

Let it do its stuff then reboot again and it will just work.

Note this will erase everything on your sd card so take a backup first!

Guest nezorflame

Hi guys, have a problem with r4-r6. Bluetooth headphones doesn't want to work with it. It connects to Desire normally, but all the sound continues to play from the phone, not from the headphones.

It works with the stock/MCR 3.1, btw.

What could be the reason to it?

Edited by nezorflame

Guest pd555

Go to recovery. Select partition SD card, create an Ext partition (512M default is fine - make it bigger if you want) the rest should be FAT32. If it asks for a swap partition then just accept the defaults. After its finished doing the partitioning go back and select change Ext to Ext3 partition.

Thanks, I'll try that later

Guest pd555

I couldn't find how to create the Ext partition with Clockwork recovery. I chose format SD-EXT but this errored and said it didn't exist. Could you explain how to do this? I might have a look for Rom Manager that can do this i think?

Guest nezorflame
I couldn't find how to create the Ext partition with Clockwork recovery. I chose format SD-EXT but this errored and said it didn't exist. Could you explain how to do this? I might have a look for Rom Manager that can do this i think?

yes, ROM Manager can do this.

Guest pd555

OK. Created the partition with Rom Manager but how to I change to Ext3? I cannot see this option in Rom Manager or Recovery

Guest ianm2k4

Sorry no... I have not used Clockwork Recovery... I used Amon RA.. I believe that Rom Manager can do it but I have never downloaded that..

Guest pd555
Sorry no... I have not used Clockwork Recovery... I used Amon RA.. I believe that Rom Manager can do it but I have never downloaded that..

Well I have cocked something up. Now phone boots and claims none of the apps are installed. This is after I created the partitions then recopied everything back to the SD. Damn. Guess I will reinstall Titanium and try and restore. That suggest the apps were already installing to the SD?

Guest ianm2k4
Well I have cocked something up. Now phone boots and claims none of the apps are installed. This is after I created the partitions then recopied everything back to the SD. Damn. Guess I will reinstall Titanium and try and restore. That suggest the apps were already installing to the SD?

Yes it does. You cannot backup the apps on the ext partition using a pc because a pc cannot see the ext partition. You should just need too reinstall the apps to get them back.

Have you tried using "quick system info" to see if they are installed on the ext partition?

Guest pd555
Yes it does. You cannot backup the apps on the ext partition using a pc because a pc cannot see the ext partition. You should just need too reinstall the apps to get them back.

Have you tried using "quick system info" to see if they are installed on the ext partition?

Yes they all reinstalled okay from the Titanium backup. Where do I find Quick System Info for future reference?

Guest sh500
Can't setup a mail account... Get a white screen where it says "choose mail provider" Can't choose anything.. just white..

Anyone else?

Did this ever get resolved? Just flashed r5 yesterday and found that when I click on the HTC mail app it asks me to create a new email account; I already have three emails setup but cannot switch between them, which was possible in r3.1

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Was a strange one. The mail app thought that there were no emails setup; even though when I (re)create an email account, it said it already exists. Anyway what I did was to create another dummy account (hotmail) and then I could see all three original account. Simply deleted the dummy one and all is fine now.

Edited by sh500

Guest avreen

Installed modaco r5 last night. .. also installed gallery 3d.apk but after a while I realized my messages as well as handcent were not showing any profile pics.... I think they were there initially not sure ...please help I need this... the conversation lists look quite bland without profile pics ...anybody please

Guest yeeeekkk
Yes they all reinstalled okay from the Titanium backup. Where do I find Quick System Info for future reference?

Get it from market. I had the same problem as yours. So I managed to partition using ROM manager. Did a full wipe then transferred back the sd content from my pc after the partition. After the reboot, reinstall everything with titanium and A2SD+ is working already.

Wish i had rooted it using the old way.

Guest auzeal

Anyone have problems with Bluetooth and car kits?

Mine use to work once upon a time... (r3.1 - before the phone rebooted after setup) but it always connects then drops out about 10s afterwards...

Using r5 currently with the latest radio...

Guest subvertbeats
Anyone have problems with Bluetooth and car kits?

Mine use to work once upon a time... (r3.1 - before the phone rebooted after setup) but it always connects then drops out about 10s afterwards...

Using r5 currently with the latest radio...

No problem with BT Car Kit here (Pioneer Head Unit, r5)

Guest subvertbeats

For those people having problems with second Googe Mail (Google Apps) account, I had the same issue around a week ago when I was flashing various r5 builds.

Id find that after a while, it would show Mail as syncable, as well as contacts and calendar (I was only ever interested in Mail) but it seemed entirely unpredictable.

However (and this could be purely co-incidental but worth a try), these problems ceased to exist after I started baking FriendStream into the rom (which I did to fix the constant syncing issue).

Hope it helps someone..