MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest liamstears

But to be honest more importantly is getting the left and right swipe to answer on incoming calls. Can you add this later to your roms?

Guest Paulo Nobrega
both are correct (patched adfree and /data/etc)

both hosts files /etc/hosts and /data/etc/hosts are 25 byte and permissions are 644

w

yep.. just installed a terminal on desire and checked the same thing..

both are there, size 25 and permissions -rw-r--r--

but, could it not be the folder of symlink that i mentioned? /data/data/hosts????

Edited by Paulo Nobrega

Guest mmeikelinen
create that folder on SD card???

On the app u shared it says "symlink from /data/data/hosts" not etc

This worked for me

adb shell

mkdir /data/etc/

unselect the symlink box to /data/data/etc/

Then press "download & install hosts"

Guest xTc is loVe

Network Location works in Third Party Apllication and Google Maps.

But not in Genie Widget and in HTC Flip Clock and not in HTC Weather Apllication.

In all other apllication it is very very fast like The Weather Channel.

Any fixes out there? o.O

I live in Germany

PS: Paul you are the one =)

Guest StuMcBill

I solved the handcent vibrate problem.

I had vibrate disabled in audiomanager.

Oops.

Still finding stock keyboard a bit laggy, any chance you could look into this Paul?

Guest Pieronip

Can I push the WiFi sleep issue back up the list please? Battery life is poorer than it should be as, according to the battery stats, the WiFi connection is constantly awake and burning juice, even when the phone is 'screen off'. It looks to me as if battery life would be in the 'extraordinary' category if this problem were resolved.

Thanks for the great work!

Guest klutsh
Yeh plz make it so setcpu works. Great work on the ROM

That will ONLY happen once HTC release the 2.2 Kernel Source, and that will ONLY happen AFTER they release the official 2.2 rom.

Guest KingDan

When you put the person on loud speaker, the hold icon shows up (don't recall ever seeing that)

3-way calling doesn't seem to work.

You get the occasional crash of software (even after a clean wipe and install)

The pop-up toasts for acknowledging superuser sometimes stays on the screen and doesn't disappear...period...

The usual method of using ROM Manager to install boot screens or the battery % mod doesn't work.

UPDATE:

I realise that when I am using my data connection that calls go straight to voicemail.

I don't recall this being a problem before and I realise a lot of people who said

they've been trying to reach me but can't.

Edited by KingDan

Guest peetah
Paul, I don't think you have an HSDPA icon included with this package, can you please include it in future? Thankyou

Also, an option to install the super circle battery mod found at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=724778 would be awesome.

Are you still getting hsdpa speeds? On this Rom I'm not getting hsdpa speeds, but on 2.1 I am.

Guest TISaint

Not sure if this is happening to anyone else. I notice email or sms notifications would cut off playing music. In all the other roms I have used, the music will transition back after the notification sound has ended, but not on this.

Guest Noonski
Not sure if this is happening to anyone else. I notice email or sms notifications would cut off playing music. In all the other roms I have used, the music will transition back after the notification sound has ended, but not on this.

I tested this with wired Headset on Google Music player and Mort Player.

Sound came back after notification. Did not test with HTC Music as I removed that.

Guest xTc is loVe

I hope you all Know pauls ROM? He dont use your wishlist like (Circle Battery Mod) His ROMS´s are always Stock with huge optimizations only and thats the Reason why his ROM´s are the best!

Guest masi0
The "Online Kitchen" is so nice...!!!

What about a UVOC kernel???

Would be great!

havent seen such kernels from Paul - read few posts above

Guest twisted_mind

Paul, can you please add HTC Contacts in the next update? I updated from MCR3.1 and now Contacts is no longer on the phone.

BTW, awesome rom. Great work paul.... keep the hard work on and god bless !!

Edited by twisted_mind

Guest rainymorning

Hi!

I'm just flash r4 WIP.

But, I can not found korean language option, when the setting screen appeared after the first boot.

When i use other 2.2 sense rom, they have korean option.

Is there no korean support in r4 WIP version?

Thanks!

Could it be one of the social apps like facebook, plurk, flickr .. I exclude all of them and get no sync problems!

I had this problem until I included friendstream into my bake. then it went away.