MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest tuatha

Hmm... I had Amazon and Plurk checked in my rom, but neither shows up once I install. No app, no widget.

Even odder is that when I go into Titanium it shows Amazon as installed. Anybody else have the same issue?

Sorry if it's been brought up already, i searched the thread for mentions of Plurk and Amazon but couldn't see anything relevant

Guest seaders

this is absolutely awesome now, I installed the latest ROM, minus a few things, specifically HTC's lockscreen, because that Nexus One one is sexy. I've also installed that Espresso theme mod from XDA, again minus HTC's lockscreen and I am just delighted with my near brand new phone, it's been refreshed so much and so well!

thank you all who've put in so much effort for this, it really is fantastic. the Desire is a great, great phone, but with these improvements it's bypassing the huge potential that I thought it nearly fulfilled :angry:

thanks again!

Guest xTc is loVe
Excellent, AdFree got updated today, so i'll post a new version tomorrow, in the kitchen though this time. :angry:

P

Great great great =) Love your ROMĀ“s !

Edited by xTc is loVe

Guest tillmar

So now I bought ad-free today so I can bake up my own ROMs :angry:

But have some questions about when i need to wipe or not before flashing,,,

Lets say i have a ROM on the phone now with Peep, FriendStream, Plurk etc

And bake another one without those applications and flash without wipe, will Peep, FriendStream and plurk be deleted? Or do i have to wipe first for that to happen?

Guest woti17
Excellent, AdFree got updated today, so i'll post a new version tomorrow, in the kitchen though this time. :angry:

P

droidwall doesn't work anymore

error

"getsockopt for multiport failed strangely"

... no such file ...

iptables: protocoll wrong type for socket

also proxysetting.apk (was not from the market but the code.google.com/p/proxysetting site, the site now shows 403 access denied)

w

Guest Stelard

I'm considering getting adfree so I can try this ROM out. This is my first android phone and it's not rooted or anything yet, so I want to try and make sure everything goes well...

Excuse me if I don't understand kitchens properly yet, but I know I saw on this forum somewhere someone had a modified MCR ROM with Telstra user strings so we Australian users can still access the services of our telecoms monopoly. Is there any chance these user strings could be an option in this kitchen? Again, sorry if this is a stupid question born out of my inexperience.

As an aside, what can I do to ensure I lose as little as possible of my phone's setup/contents when I finally try rooting it and flashing a custom ROM? Or should I ask that somewhere else?

Guest liamstears

I know you can add:

<module name="defaultTimeFormatSetting">

<function>

<set name="single">

<item name="default">d/MM/yyyy</item>

</set>

</function>

</module>

<module name="defaultTimeFormatSettingShort">

<function>

<set name="single">

<item name="default">d/MM</item>

</set>

</function>

</module>

To system\customize\MNS\default.xml to get the default date format to display as dd/mm/yyyy but what would you add to make the clock default to 12 hour time instead of 24??

Guest camperkc

stupid questions

1. flash from other custom rom

2. flash from r4 wip refresh to r4 wip next

both cases need to reinstall apps?

Is it possible to flash rom without reinstall app?

thx so much

Guest ragflan
No, but you can donate to the MoDaCo charity effort here - http://myprojects.cancerresearchuk.org/group-giving/modaco - more worthy than a beer! :angry:

P

Done, Paul. I donated just now and I will donate again in the future to support the cause. Thank you for your efforts and for graciously donating the money I intended for you to a charity. Its very noble of you. I'm so glad I discovered this forum by accident and I hope to learn more about Android everyday.

Guest dancedreamfly
where can i download this rom? I can't get it until I pay for it?

You can wait for Paul's prebakes, which should be up soon (I guess once he's ironed out all the kinks in the ROM). Other than that, the only thing you can do is to buy an ad-free account.

Guest rameses
where can i download this rom? I can't get it until I pay for it?

That's correct, the kitchen is only available to Modaco Plus or Adfree members. Prebakes might be posted later at Paul's discretion.

Guest Diggedy

for the first time ive got the constant sync bug and even force stopping it only gets rid of it for a few minutes. This is the first rom ive baked where ive tried to remove sense and other htc things so im going to bake another with more in and see if it gets rid of it

edit : ive backed another with all the htc stuff left in except sense and the bug has gone. It looks to me like its one of the widgets causing it.

Edited by Diggedy

Guest rameses

Another update, another success. :angry:

This ROM is great and seems to get better everyday (apart from the vibrate at power off thing - sorry I'm going on a bit aren't I :D ).

I've noticed when going to change wallpapers that the HTC option just returns a black screen with no wallpapers to select and in the widgets list there something called #ffcccccc from HTC. If selected it returns the error "htc.RosieUtility has stopped unexpectedly" and FCs. Anyone know what this should do, suffice it to say I've stopped selecting it.

Edited by rameses

Guest twisted_mind

someone please help... upgraded MCR 3.1 to this rom.. everything perfect.. but my mp3 ringtones do not get detected.

i've put them in

Media\Audio\Ringtones --- for calls

Media\Audio\Notifications --- for sms

both do not get detected. This was fine on MCR 3.1... someone pls :angry:

Guest lambrospower

hey i just flashed the latest r4 next rom and it's awsome....no problems so far apart from the fact that i should enter the APNS manually......other than this nothing is faulty so far....i have a problem though

I changed the layout so it unlocks with MENU instead of POWER (WAKE_DROPPED)

BUT i cannot use any button to unlock it when the slider is visible....i can only drag the slider down to unlock.....why is that ???? is there any problem or a fix ???

Thanks

Guest harge

@Paul : Discovered something strange; Using Android Lock system instead of HTC Lock system, you can press "Menu"-key to unlock; This was a problem with HTC Lock in 2.1 - but not in 2.2. Also - it wasn't a problem with Nexus port 2.2 - but for some reason it has sneaked in on this ROM ;-)

Could you try to fix that ??

Thanks,

Inc

Guest quentin2
Make sure you partitioned your SD in following order:

in Recovery menu:

Select Partition sdcard > Partition SD

Select SWAP=0, EXT2=512 and allow the rest to be FAT32.

Select the SD:ext2 to ext3 option in this menu.

Hi.

Thanks for the help. So you say I need to repartition? Ok... but:

1) 512 is a must? I have plenty of apps - my card is 16GB - why not more?

2) I have no option to do that in FakeFlash/Clockwordmod - in Partition menu I only can mount/umount, mount of sd-ext does not work (known) - where do I find this "Partition SD" thingy? (I have fakeflash on SD as update.zip - start with vol-down, then recovery, then vol-up + power - start update.zip - there I have partition menu, but nothing related to a SD beside mount/umount and format the mounts)

q2.

Guest qubit76
omgwtfbbq? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=725966

Did anyone see that link? Out of nowhere a chinese test rom with 2.06 instead of the currently leaked 2.04!

Looks promising :angry:

A question on a different note, I'm getting a stutter every 5 or so seconds when I record at 720p using a Toshiba 16 gig class 2 card, does this happen to anyone else? I mean is it this particular build (as it's a WIP) or just my class 2 card thats doing it?

Edited by qubit76