MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest nollie

I've had the market force closing on me after Fast Web Installer failed to install. Now it is stuck downloading and any attempts to cancel it force closes the Market. Wiping the cache or Dalvik cache in recovery doesn't resolve the issue. From the last ROM to today's latest version without flash doesn't solve it.

No worries, though this is a fanatic release, I usually factory reset anyway. Looking forward to all future releases, thanks Paul.

Guest gandalfmuaddib
Uhum, I dont want to use the sense launcher. I used ProLauncher and the default lock screen. Put an alarm and switched off the screen. I couldnt find no possible way to actually make the alarm stop. SwitchPros reboot button didnt work either :S. After 2 minutes experimenting I got tired of it and yanked the battery.

How can you stop the fkn alarm?

You have to use the stock desk clock application if you do not want to use HTC's Lock Screen.

Guest tuatha
Yup yours are a lot fuzier then what i'm getting, but it doesn't look like a general problem.

No Crash on Google Sky Maps but my setup is a bit more stripped then most, so no real good comparison.

Thanks for checking. Could be anything causing the problem, I suppose. Hopefully it won't be an issue on the next rom I install.

I've looked at the engadget review @ http://www.engadget.com/photos/htc-desire-...photos/#2853107 and they are much better than what I am getting. I wonder why.

Are you using the optical trackpad? I cannot take a clear pic with that sucker. I just use the touchscreen. There's a slight delay which allows you to steady your hands before the photo is taken.

You really need a dedicated camera button on these phones.

Guest dodolom
Can you post all your settings, and do a bit of lens whiping, maybe make a few without lens?

What settings should I put up here exactly? Camera settings only?

Guest tuatha
What settings should I put up here exactly? Camera settings only?

did you see my post on the previous page? Maybe it's an incredibly obvious suggestion, but your pics look exactly like the ones I was taking with the optical trackpad. Tapping and holding the touchscreen has given me much clearer photos.

Guest Noonski
Paul I 'm desperate. Help us...

I'm not getting the Force Close.

I think Paul would need more info to make it something to look into.

Guest dodolom
did you see my post on the previous page? Maybe it's an incredibly obvious suggestion, but your pics look exactly like the ones I was taking with the optical trackpad. Tapping and holding the touchscreen has given me much clearer photos.

will try that and report back

Guest PandaKiller
Have downloaded a fresh rom bake, wiped data and cache - installed properly this time and radio is now up to date. Thanks Paul! :angry:

Unfortunately now when I go in to: Settings > Connect to PC, it crashes.

At first I assumed it was because I didn't bake in 'HTC Sync support', but even with it still crashes so I guess I was barking up the wrong tree with that...

I feel ignored about this problem :D

Guest tr0ca

Hi i just bought the £9,99 membership so i could make my own rom and exclude htc sense. Now i have flashed it and i can still see that sense is used to unlock the phone when screen lock is activated and also the sense dailer is used. My question is, is there anyway to exclude the whole sense and get more like a defrost UI and still keep the cam corder app etc,

and yes i dont want sens and yes i know some ppl like sens i like vanilla android alot more

Regards

Nikals

Guest Noonski
I feel ignored about this problem :angry:

You are not ignored, I responded to your query, but could not reproduce.

Bugs need to be reproduced by others to be taken seriously.

And if they can't be reproduced, you have to find out the differences in user variables.

(and to think I stopped being a Support Engineer, to become a Baker)

Your not the only one with the issue, there was another post that confirmed your problem.

Maybe you can get in touch with each other to narrow down what the both of you have in common?

Hi i just bought the £9,99 membership so i could make my own rom and exclude htc sense. Now i have flashed it and i can still see that sense is used to unlock the phone when screen lock is activated and also the sense dailer is used. My question is, is there anyway to exclude the whole sense and get more like a defrost UI and still keep the cam corder app etc,

and yes i dont want sens and yes i know some ppl like sens i like vanilla android alot more

Regards

Nikals

Yes you can open the zip file and go to system/apps

And remove the HtcLockscreen.apk and .odex

Then reflash, but disable signature check in clockworkmod.

Remember to always have a Nandroid Backup when screwing around this way and don't go crazy. REALLY make one.

You can also read the thread to find the ADB instructions on how to remove these without flashing.

Most beginners mistakes with the ADb method are not using correct capitols (I made this mistake myself)

Check out Klutsh's Modded Rom made from this Kitchen without HTC Additions if you don't want to go in there yourself.

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...e-to-read-more/

Edited by Noonski

Guest dodolom

So, I tried taking pictures with touchscreen and also cleaned the lens a bit. I feel like I might have a small crack on the outer plastic section covering the lens. At first, I thought it was a piece of cloth or something but it feels like a tiny crack which I am not sure is affecting anything or not.

Guest Pieronip
You are not ignored, I responded to your query, but could not reproduce.

Bugs need to be reproduced by others to be taken seriously.

And if they can't be reproduced, you have to find out the differences in user variables.

(and to think I stopped being a Support Engineer, to become a Baker)

Your not the only one with the issue, there was another post that confirmed your problem.

Maybe you can get in touch with each other to narrow down what the both of you have in common?

Yes you can open the zip file and go to system/apps

And remove the HtcLockscreen.apk and .odex

Then reflash, but disable signature check in clockworkmod.

Remember to always have a Nandroid Backup when screwing around this way and don't go crazy. REALLY make one.

You can also read the thread to find the ADB instructions on how to remove these without flashing.

Most beginners mistakes with the ADb method are not using correct capitols (I made this mistake myself)

And if a relative newcomer like me can add a few words.....

Please (everyone) realise that you are trialling a 'work in progress' item. It will NOT be perfect for some time. It is also a product of ONE MAN who, for every minute he spends in posting, spends a minute less in developing! By all means ask, repeatedly if you like, whether others share your issue, but once you have determined it is a known problem please leave it to be rectified in due course. If the situation is intolerable then revert to an established ROM.

Just my 2p!

Guest Noonski

@Paul

About com.htc.bgp.error

After adding back in

HtcLocationService.apk

Weather.apk

WeatherAgentService.apk

WeatherProvider.apk

WeatherSyncProvider.apk

I didn't have these in my own Modded Bake. (also did not have the error any more as i also did not have HTC location service installed)

After adding these back in ,the error was gone.

I removed Weather.aph and all was well.

Then I removed WeatherProvider.apk too.

And the error was back.

Then I put back WeatherProvider.apk and removed WeatherSyncProvider.apk (Weather.apk is stil removed)

No error came up (I know I can force the error by enabling Automatic timezone discovery)

Lastly I removed WeatherAgentService.apk (leaving in only WeatherProvider.apk from the Whole Weather package and off course HTC location service). I could still not reproduce the Error.

It was gone

I will try removing some of the others to to narrow it down a bit more.

But it looks like it might be safer leaving some of these in when Weather is removed because HTC Location Service makes use of these services. I haven't looked inside these apps as Android is till a bit new to me.

I hope this can help you resolve this error from popping up for users disabling weather in the kitchen.

For those that want to try out if this also solves their com.htc.bgp error i'm attaching an UNSIGNED update to flash and put these back in. Use this only if you get the error and want to help confirm that this works.

Or maybe you can also add an option to remove the HTC Location Service for those users that are going for a Senseless Rom.

com_htc_bgp_error_fix_test.zip

Edited by Noonski

Guest tuatha
So, I tried taking pictures with touchscreen and also cleaned the lens a bit. I feel like I might have a small crack on the outer plastic section covering the lens. At first, I thought it was a piece of cloth or something but it feels like a tiny crack which I am not sure is affecting anything or not.

Do you mean the bit on the battery cover? quickest way to find out is to take some photos without the back cover. If it's not that, I don't know...

Guest dodolom
Do you mean the bit on the battery cover? quickest way to find out is to take some photos without the back cover. If it's not that, I don't know...

Man, I didn't even think of that.

Look at the difference.

Left-WITH BATTERY COVER

Right-WITHOUT BATTERY COVER

post-719178-1279235863_thumb.jpg

post-719178-1279235901_thumb.jpg

Guest Noonski
Man, I didn't even think of that.

Look at the difference.

Left-WITH BATTERY COVER

Right-WITHOUT BATTERY COVER

Post 1276 :angry:

To bad for the lense on the cover, haven't seen cheap replacements for these yet.

I'm off, test the new recovery from koush and sleep best of luck.

Guest Surfinette

It seems to me that the very last R4 WIP (including new radio) suffers from the battery issue that occured in the very first R4, but not in the R4 versions in between.

I explain myself: I fully charged the battery up to 100%, but when I unplugged the phone the battery indicator felt directly down to 94% :angry:

Guest Joshua Lim

Flash with 15/Jul r4 WIP online cook refresh yesterday.

I keep having a problem with Mashable Apps downloaded from market.

"The application Mashable(process com.intridea.mashable) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Any idea what causing this issue. Done a full wipe. restarted phone. Still not working

Guest Joshua Lim

For the Gtalk application, is there a way to add a setting to stop notification sound if we are already in a active chat? Now every single line the other party type, my phone keep having sound alert.

Everyone was like staring at me in the train. I remember for 2.1 HTC rom, there is this function.

Anyone can advise?

Guest KingDan

This might be an old topic but has anyone been getting timeouts since the Wireless N feature has been added?

I could use my wireless for long periods of time, but I find myself now rebooting my router to get it back up again.

The internet works for the LAN when the wireless times out but eh...it's kind of annoying...

Guest Zooklubba

I've had troubles on synching with gmail contacts on all the r4 roms I've used. Earlier it wouldnt sync and now it seems to be syncing all the time. The syncing circle is present all the time in the top and also when I go under settings and syncing...

Anyone else with this problem?

I've wiped the phone before installing.

Guest Pablo1138

Im having trouble installing this. Im not new to installing any of pauls desire builds and neither is my nexus. I have wiped everything possible other than reformatting my memory card and it wont install. Almost all the way through the install it stops and says deleting files then says cant symlink /system/xbin/E

the next line says Failure at line 43: symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/E installation aborted. What am I doing wrong guys???

Edit: Okay guys just an edit I am stupid and obviously running low on sleep because I completely didnt notice the big label on here saying DESIRE not nexus. Sorry ignore my sleep deprived state of mind.

Edited by Pablo1138

Guest ragflan

Paul, I'm not sure if you tweaked the ROM in any way in terms of battery performance, but this ROM has been giving me the best battery life thus far. Even my non-rooted phone did not give such good speeds. The phone stays on full for a good 15-20 minutes; longer if the screen is off. Usually my battery life dropped like 5% from full within a few minutes. I'm not doing anything differently but this ROM kicks ass in terms of battery life. Great job!

Guest Joshua Lim

Found a error or bug. But I am not sure if it is my phone problem or the Rom problem,

My calendar is sync with Facebook friends birthday. I realise that lots of my friend birthday is 1 day earlier than what they enter in their profile.

I doubled check with them, they say they enter the right date. Did a full wipe, and re update again, same problem still arise, some even have 3 entry of a same person for their birthday.

Anyone having same problem?