FLB-MOD 1.0 problems

Guest Simon O

Guest ogiogi
Do some of you get force closes on boot with acore? I seem to have found the cause:

07-13 13:54:58.871: WARN/ActivityManager(1205): Scheduling restart of crashed service com.android.contacts/com.huawei.common.sim.PhoneSvcStateHdlrService in 5000ms

07-13 13:54:58.871: WARN/ActivityManager(1205): Scheduling restart of crashed service com.android.contacts/com.huawei.common.sim.DatabaseOpenHandlerService in 14999ms

It doesn't happen on every single boot but whenever I do get the acore error it's always related to this same thing.

Question is... how do we fix this?

Not for 3 days now. And I'm making a lot of reboots (testing a new framework) :)

Edited by ogiogi

Guest goce.nakov
Do some of you get force closes on boot with acore? I seem to have found the cause:

07-13 13:54:58.871: WARN/ActivityManager(1205): Scheduling restart of crashed service com.android.contacts/com.huawei.common.sim.PhoneSvcStateHdlrService in 5000ms

07-13 13:54:58.871: WARN/ActivityManager(1205): Scheduling restart of crashed service com.android.contacts/com.huawei.common.sim.DatabaseOpenHandlerService in 14999ms

It doesn't happen on every single boot but whenever I do get the acore error it's always related to this same thing.

Tbh I dont get any FC at all.

My phone is ruuning smooth with ADW version ROM (I have lot of problems with LauncherPro version), exept the problem with push email and syncing

Guest Simon O
Script didnt fix my market problem, it still lists a lot of apps as installed while I havent.

I do use Titanium Backup...

Not sure if this will help but if you go into "Settings > Applications > Manage Applications" are any of the apps that the market says are installed showing in the list? Sometimes if an app is removed incorrectly it still shows in this list. If it does you can remove it by clicking the app then uninstalling.

If that doesn't help then I really don't know what has happened.

I get this. However at boot my phone loads a lot of stuff.

It looks like those two services go in timeout. It should be possible to increase the timeout somewhere.

:)

Edited by ppod

Guest menno2
Not sure if this will help but if you go into "Settings > Applications > Manage Applications" are any of the apps that the market says are installed showing in the list? Sometimes if an app is removed incorrectly it still shows in this list. If it does you can remove it by clicking the app then uninstalling.

If that doesn't help then I really don't know what has happened.

The are not listed in Managed Applications..... all i seem to be able to do than is wait for updates than i ll be able to install the upgrade.

Guest Simon O
The are not listed in Managed Applications..... all i seem to be able to do than is wait for updates than i ll be able to install the upgrade.

That's really really weird.

Guest irvine

1. Phone type: 8220

2. 2.1 ROM flashed: T-Mo Hungarian

2a Custom_hu: No

2b Upgrade path: timemachine / december -> T-Mo Hung -> FLB 1.0b4 -> FLB1.0

3. Full wipe: Yes, all 3

4. Restore apps: Only reinstalled with Astro

5. Using A2SD? Yes

5a If yes, dalvik on SD? No

6. Problem: Just did not receive an SMS!

Other than that - perfect! No more screen freezing (screen turning black, never going back on except for the keys lighting up) as experienced in the betas. :angry:

Guest Simon O
1. Phone type: 8220

2. 2.1 ROM flashed: T-Mo Hungarian

2a Custom_hu: No

2b Upgrade path: timemachine / december -> T-Mo Hung -> FLB 1.0b4 -> FLB1.0

3. Full wipe: Yes, all 3

4. Restore apps: Only reinstalled with Astro

5. Using A2SD? Yes

5a If yes, dalvik on SD? No

6. Problem: Just did not receive an SMS!

Other than that - perfect! No more screen freezing (screen turning black, never going back on except for the keys lighting up) as experienced in the betas. :angry:

Can I ask please is the phone unlocked and you are using a different mobile operator?

Guest irvine
Can I ask please is the phone unlocked and you are using a different mobile operator?

Nope! Phone is still locked to T-Mobile NL...

Maybe the phone memory was quite full as you say. I noticed in Task Manager that Nimbuzz stayed in the memory and was still taking up a lot. Killed it and it became more responsive heh...

Edited by irvine

Guest menno2

I got another problem, I don't see any notification in taskbar that an SMS message arrived....

Nor directly nor when i drag it down....

I need to open Messages by myself to see if i received any...

//edit

God bless the one, that makes the green/red led light up if you received either sms or email.... even 10 year old Palm phones featured that.

Edited by menno2

Guest irvine
I got another problem, I don't see any notification in taskbar that an SMS message arrived....

I see 2 notifications, but that's probably because I installed SMSdroid. Maybe you will get a notification if you install SMSdroid too!

Guest de_shepherd

1) Phone type: Tmobile Pulse

2) Official 2.1 ROM flashed: Tmob HU 2.1

2a) If flashed T-Mobile did you flash custom_hu: No

3) Did you do a full wipe before installing FLB 1.0?: Yes

4) Did you use any restore apps like Titanium Backup?: No

5) Are you using A2SD?: Yes

5a) If yes, do you have dalvik on SD?: No

6) Problem with the rom

Music player starts at random while I'm listening (via headphones) to a podcast on Google Listen .... I thought the FLB ROM included the fix to stop the problems related to the phone thinking headphones were being connected etc.

N.b. had same problem with 2.1HU ROM. Also, not sure if its linked but the problem seems to have become much more pronounced since I installed an "update" to Listen a couple of days ago ... and this was the trigger to eventually get me to install the FLB ROM yesterday - but this doesn't seem to have fixed this!

<Update>

Found what appears to be the fix in http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...ing-on-its-own/. Starting terminal and doing

su

pm disable com.android.music/com.android.music.MediaButtonIntentReceiver

seems to be doing the trick. Somehow I thought that this was already built into FLB

Edited by de_shepherd

Guest Simon O
<Update>

Found what appears to be the fix in http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...ing-on-its-own/. Starting terminal and doing

su
pm disable com.android.music/com.android.music.MediaButtonIntentReceiver[/code]

seems to be doing the trick. Somehow I thought that this was already built into FLB

It will be added as a script to the next release, but it will only resolve issues with the default player. Others will need to be fixed manually.

Guest topspinserve
If you have a problem please post here using this template:

1) Phone type

2) Official 2.1 ROM flashed (T-Mobile, Tre, other)

2a) If flashed T-Mobile did you flash custom_hu

3) Did you do a full wipe before installing FLB 1.0?

4) Did you use any restore apps like Titanium Backup?

5) Are you using A2SD?

5a) If yes, do you have dalvik on SD?

6) Problem with the rom

1) T Mobile Pulse U8220

2) T Mobile + custom_hu

3) I did full wipe

4) No restore

5) Yes, not on SD

6) Cannot enable wifi :angry:

The rom is otherwise quick and responsive, particularly with autokiller (set on moderate)

Guest Simon O
1) T Mobile Pulse U8220

2) T Mobile + custom_hu

3) I did full wipe

4) No restore

5) Yes, not on SD

6) Cannot enable wifi :angry:

The rom is otherwise quick and responsive, particularly with autokiller (set on moderate)

That's your problem right there. The custom_hu breaks wifi for any custom rom.

Guest topspinserve

What do I have to do? a complete reinstall of the Tmobile ROM first? or is there a way of rescuing the situation?

Guest Ellia
What do I have to do? a complete reinstall of the Tmobile ROM first? or is there a way of rescuing the situation?

Go back with the time machine and flash than only the HU ROM.

Guest Fusion0306

I've got Dec update -> T-mobile 2.1 (Hungary) + customized_hu -> full wipe -> paul's wip 2.1 -> full wipe -> flibblesan's FLB-MOD v1.0 and wifi work fine. No problems at all.

So I don't thing that it necessarily breaks wifi for everybody

Guest topspinserve
I've got Dec update -> T-mobile 2.1 (Hungary) + customized_hu -> full wipe -> paul's wip 2.1 -> full wipe -> flibblesan's FLB-MOD v1.0 and wifi work fine. No problems at all.

Now I'm confused. Why doesn't my wifi work? Anyone else has this problem?

Guest Simon O
Now I'm confused. Why doesn't my wifi work? Anyone else has this problem?

If I use the custom_hu then I cannot enable wi-fi on any custom rom.

Guest Simon O

That's a long winded way to install FLB :angry:

Anyway:

December Update > T-mobile 2.1 or Tre 2.1 > Amon_RA recovery > Full wipe (but not battery & rotation settings) > FLB-MOD

Simples

Guest Fusion0306

Flibblesan was first :D

That's a long winded way to install FLB :angry:

It's not that, i kinda liked WIP but when you published your 1.0 version, I just had to try it. And I didn't feel like doing everything all over again so i just did a full wipe and flashed your rom

Edited by Fusion0306

1) T-Mobile (UK) Pulse

2) Official 2.1 ROM flashed

yes hungarian 2.1

i tried it with and without the customised bit :angry:

yes

no

5) Are you using A2SD?

yes

5a) If yes, do you have dalvik on SD?

yes

6) Problem with the rom

i have a couple of issues. first of all when i was running beta 3, the battery life was great. after installing v1.0 the battery seems to drain very quick even if i dont use the phone. secondly, whilst having the (original) headset in and somebody calls me and i long press the answer button on the headset, the music starts instead of accepting the call.

Guest Azurren

1) Phone type

Pulse, U8220

2) Official 2.1 ROM flashed (T-Mobile, Tre, other)

T-Mobile

No

Yes

No

5) Are you using A2SD?

Nope

6) Problem with the rom

Keyboard (Both) are laggy and unresponsive in both Opera and the Google search widget / app. Keyboard takes 10+ seconds to open and disappears after a few letters. It will then refuse to open until you click to bring up the keyboard again then it will open and shut immediately.. Works fine with Text messages. Not sure about other apps

Anyone else have the same problem? :S