FLB-MOD 1.0 problems

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
flibblesan, any news on the 3G issues?

I'm not 100% sure but updating your phone with the Tre 2.1 update instead of the T-Mobile Hungary 2.1 update may result in working 3G for you. As your network should already be working I can only assume that the Tre kernel is expecting some slightly different firmware. I flashed the Tre update to my phone which is probably why I have no issues.

Guest tonemgub
Same here (GMail).

1) Phone type

2) Official 2.1 ROM flashed (T-Mobile, Tre, other) yes

2a) If flashed T-Mobile did you flash custom_hu yes

3) Did you do a full wipe before installing FLB 1.0? yes

4) Did you use any restore apps like Titanium Backup? No

5) Are you using A2SD? yes

5a) If yes, do you have dalvik on SD? Yes

6) Problem with the rom have 3 identical pulse's for the family since upgrade to Flb v1.0 after beta bluetooth has now failed on all three handsets. They will now only talk to non android phones.

Please help, cheers.

Guest wassupjg

Thanks for sharing your efforts with us flibblesan, it's much appreciated.

1) Phone type

- Pulse

2) Official 2.1 ROM flashed (T-Mobile, Tre, other)

- T-Mobile Hungarian

2a) If flashed T-Mobile did you flash custom_hu

- No

3) Did you do a full wipe before installing FLB 1.0?

- Yep

4) Did you use any restore apps like Titanium Backup?

- Nope

5) Are you using A2SD?

- Yep

5a) If yes, do you have dalvik on SD?

- Yes

6) Problem with the rom

- When I first flashed the rom, everything worked quite smoothly, only the odd force close. I then realised that the internal memory was decreasing when installing apps, so I moved the dalvik cache to the SD. A2SD now works, but pretty much from then on the whole interface has been much more sluggish much more often, and the rate of force closes has increased quite a bit. I use this SD card which is only a class 2 card - is this related?

Thanks.

Guest goce.nakov

1) Phone type

- Pulse

- T-Mobile Hungarian

- No

- Yep

- Nope

5) Are you using A2SD?

- Yep

- Yes

6) Problem with the rom

- When I first flashed the rom, everything worked quite smoothly, only the odd force close. I then realised that the internal memory was decreasing when installing apps, so I moved the dalvik cache to the SD. A2SD now works, but pretty much from then on the whole interface has been much more sluggish much more often, and the rate of force closes has increased quite a bit. I use this SD card which is only a class 2 card - is this related?

Thanks.

Yes it is, You need atleast class 4 SD card so Dalvik can perform properly from SD

Guest Fusion0306

1) Phone type

- Pulse

- T-Mobile Hungarian

- No

- Yep

- Nope

5) Are you using A2SD?

- Yep

- Yes

6) Problem with the rom

Thanks.

It's recommended to have at least an class 4 sd card to have a2sd and cache on sd card.

EDIT: Too slow :angry:

Edited by Fusion0306

I'm using it with cache to sd and have no problems.

It's interesting. Last night I connected the charger and wanted to check the forum with opera, and when I opened the page the phone rebooted...5 times. Sometimes it rebooted when I wanted to open the browser(opera and default too)

Today I had no reboots...

Guest Simon O
1) Phone type

2) Official 2.1 ROM flashed (T-Mobile, Tre, other) yes

2a) If flashed T-Mobile did you flash custom_hu yes

3) Did you do a full wipe before installing FLB 1.0? yes

5) Are you using A2SD? yes

5a) If yes, do you have dalvik on SD? Yes

6) Problem with the rom have 3 identical pulse's for the family since upgrade to Flb v1.0 after beta bluetooth has now failed on all three handsets. They will now only talk to non android phones.

Please help, cheers.

It'll be caused by the new kernel. I didn't realise at the time but this really only functions 100% if you used the Tre 2.1 update. So you can either wait for me to release updated roms which will have one with the older kernel, one with the newer kernel, or use the time machine method to go back to 1.5 then update to 2.1 using the Tre update. This will give you the advantage that you won't ever have any kernel issues with my rom or any others.

Guest de_shepherd
6) Problem with the rom

Out of interest ... have you run the SD card speed test program available in the market place and if so what speed did it report? I've got a 16GB version of this which is class 2 but the speed test was reporting it as either class 4 or class 6 - I suspect that the speed test may not be measuring worse case (or perhaps even bad side of typical) access patterns so this may well be a false report

Guest tonemgub
It'll be caused by the new kernel. I didn't realise at the time but this really only functions 100% if you used the Tre 2.1 update. So you can either wait for me to release updated roms which will have one with the older kernel, one with the newer kernel, or use the time machine method to go back to 1.5 then update to 2.1 using the Tre update. This will give you the advantage that you won't ever have any kernel issues with my rom or any others.

Thanks for getting back Mate, well it gets even stranger,I was running the rom with Launcher Pro beta, so a last ditch attempt switched to ADW an wadda you know? The bluetooth comes back fighting, full transfer of files videos pics etc,.....most odd indeed between Pulse handsets.

So i'll hang on for your update, as it seems all i'll have to do for now is switch launchers should I need the Bluetooth function.

Thanks again, it's a good rom, and enjoyable to play with.

Guest emvau

first of all let me just thank you for your fantastic work, fibblesan!

i was reading silent some time, whilst staying with my stable modaco-vanilla-1.7 customized via metamorph as long as i could... :D but with the release of FLB10 i had to flash over this. ;) sweeteners were getting rid of annoying appointement-synchronisation-with-google-cupcake-bug , the promise of faster, lighter, better, and - of course- some nice gimmicks (like extended controls etc.). after installing most of my 60+ apps again, i can state: yes it's way faster, lighter, better... :D

really well done, fibble, bigbear, ogiogi and whoever brought anything to this ROM!

and now my "issues". most of them are minor, some are not even worth mentioning, but i want to give broad feedback.

1) Phone type: T-Mobile Pulse 8220; Provider: O2-Germany

2) Official 2.1 ROM flashed (T-Mobile, Tre, other): T-Mobile HU

2a) If flashed T-Mobile did you flash custom_hu: No

3) Did you do a full wipe before installing FLB 1.0? Yes

5) Are you using A2SD? Yes

5a) If yes, do you have dalvik on SD? Yes, on class6-16gb-sdhc

6) Problem with the rom

6a) start up screen looks weird for some seconds. after i have to wait some seconds before i can type in my PIN, otherwise android will cancel my input. -> not issue at all, as booting got noticeable faster with your FLB-Mod.

6b) wasn't sure, if dalviktosd was working und played noobish with the terminal. had acores and tried to push the phone back again immediately. even more acores :( :lol:, but after reboot everything just worked fine.

6c) during this :lol:-reboot animation stopped for a while, but just once. i had a black screen for about a minute. i assume, this was caused by moving cachetosd. right?

6d) autokiller causes acore after every boot -> wait and everything goes further. i decided to uninstall for other reasons (see below), so i don't care about that anymore.

6e) data connection (3g and e) disappeared once. i had to rebboot.

6f) adw-launcher disappeared serveral times. that 's not an issue, it 's a gesture-feature, isn't it? :lol:

6g) market issues:

- quick settings disappeared. i could install a former version, but update failed (i use appbrain, so i could see there is an update at the market)

- no goggles

- no pkt. auctions

- no switch pro widget

- no extendet controls (had a *.apk)

i already tried script, but it didn't help. is there any "backdoor" to the market for pkt. auctions and quick settings. i 'd like them to install upgradeable by the market.

6h)finally i lost one text: :angry:

i had some problems with low memory at the moment this sms was sent to me. autokiller (preset optimum) was installed, but i had this acores while booting as described above. i didn't use advanced taskkiller these days like i did before i gave autokiller a try, as it seems to be a let-it-work-solution for memory issues. according to advanced autokiller i had sometimes only 17-19mb free, but Pulse was still smooth (unlike Modaco 1.7).

right now i have advanced task manager pro installed and kill the tasks every 30 minutes apart from k-9mail and sms-app. i 30mb+ free mostly 24 at least. i hope this can solve this issue to me.

BTW: do i have to leave k9-mail and sms-app on the whitelist or does this have no impact on possible issues with pushmail/sms?

apart from that i have a superfast running device. i'm pretty happy with advanced task manager pro, which seems to be also faster, lighter, better. :-D so i'm quite optimistic concerning potential future sms-issues. on the other hand.... : in my opinion this can happen to anyone at anytime, when memory is getting down. so this is really a serious issue!

are there any efforts of anybody to get rid of this? or do we have to wait for a new official kernel solving this?

greetings

Edited by emvau

Guest wassupjg
Out of interest ... have you run the SD card speed test program available in the market place and if so what speed did it report? I've got a 16GB version of this which is class 2 but the speed test was reporting it as either class 4 or class 6 - I suspect that the speed test may not be measuring worse case (or perhaps even bad side of typical) access patterns so this may well be a false report

Yeh I did and I think it resulted in thinking the card was a class 4, but the phone has definitely become more sluggish so I'm looking at this; the sandisk is a good quality card though.

Guest AnDroidNooB

when ever i try and flash zip from sd card "flbmod_v1.0beta5.1"

i get this error

install from sd card

finding update package

verifying update package

E:Wrong Digest:

system/bin/fixa2sd

E:Verification failed

installation aborted"

i dont know what to do im following the ultimate pulse owners guide and im also following fibblesans instructions on how to install the rom he told me to wipe everything but when i try and wipe the data/factory rest its successful but when i move onto the dalvik cache

its says

Writing Dalviv-cache : .

Error : Run 'wipe dalvik' via adb!

and when i try and wipe SD:ext partition it says the same thing..

Wiping ext filesystem : .

Error : Run 'wipe ext' via adb

guys i really dont know what to do.. please help. i bought a new sd card and this problem is still carrying on..

1) Phone type

U8220

T-mobile

no

i cant..

no

5) Are you using A2SD?

not atm

no

6) Problem with the rom

I CANT INSTALL IT!

Guest Bigsy

I'm using a 8220 uk pulse with Hungary update, the rom is great and definitely the quickest I have tried. I do however have one problem that I don't have with any other custom rom and that is much higher battery usage.

I find with other roms, using setcpu, autokill, disable all syncing, dim screen, and turning 3g off at night that I can get about 100 hours, same config on this rom I get 24 > 36 hours with the same usage, and no additional apps installed.

One thing I noticed with other roms is that when I unlock it (ie from screen being off) the 3g logo isn't in the status bar, it takes a few seconds for it to appear.... with this rom its always there I don't know if the phone is maybe not able to go into some kind of deeper power save state with this rom than others.

Guest twics
Yeh I did and I think it resulted in thinking the card was a class 4, but the phone has definitely become more sluggish so I'm looking at this; the sandisk is a good quality card though.

Couldnt find a speed test app on the market, iv done the same as you I moved my dalvik cache to sd that came with phone but it didnt get sluggish but getting FC's a little more on ACORE but its not realy often I get more Fc on ADW now and again overall phone still works fine. Planning to get a better card too.

Edit> sorry I thought you used SD that came with phone, Also I would like to try the test as the Stock SD does not display its class im curious as to what result I get.

Edit> did a repair ext file system and dont seem to be getting any FC's now maybe it just needed a repair and reboot. I dont know why speed is still excellent im just glad it is :angry:

Edited by twics

Guest Simon O
when ever i try and flash zip from sd card "flbmod_v1.0beta5.1"

i get this error

install from sd card

finding update package

verifying update package

E:Wrong Digest:

system/bin/fixa2sd

E:Verification failed

installation aborted"

i dont know what to do im following the ultimate pulse owners guide and im also following fibblesans instructions on how to install the rom he told me to wipe everything but when i try and wipe the data/factory rest its successful but when i move onto the dalvik cache

its says

Writing Dalviv-cache : .

Error : Run 'wipe dalvik' via adb!

and when i try and wipe SD:ext partition it says the same thing..

Wiping ext filesystem : .

Error : Run 'wipe ext' via adb

I've seen those errors about wiping happen before. The way I fixed that was to reboot the phone, go back into recovery and do a full partition of the SD again. 0 for swap, 512mb for ext, rest for fat32.

Now when you try to install a ROM and it fails you cannot do anything like wiping after as the filesystem is locked out. YOu need to reboot the phone and go back into recovery and wipe.

Now the verification absolutely should not be getting stuck on fixa2sd at all. Have you tried to install an older flb rom at all?

Guest wassupjg

Why do we have to move the dalvik cache to the SD card for A2SD to work? I've had to move it back to the internal storage, due to a low class SD; the internal memory has now begun decreasing again, when installing apps.

Guest twics
Why do we have to move the dalvik cache to the SD card for A2SD to work? I've had to move it back to the internal storage, due to a low class SD; the internal memory has now begun decreasing again, when installing apps.

a2sd is automatic without moving dalvik cache to SD but some data still goes to internal mem which is why I moved mine to SD, before move I was down to 8mb and had the low mem icon in status bar and couldnt recieve any sms, after move I had 40mb then I rebooted checked again and it was 60mb, now its 51.mb- 42mb if I clear cache.

Guest menno2

Who succeeds installing this apk on FLB 1.0?

It's appie 1.6 from market (i cannot find it through market though)

dl.dropbox.com/u/3819296/com.icemobile.albertheijn.apk

thnx

Guest wassupjg

1) Phone type

- Pulse

- T-Mobile Hungarian

- No

- Yep

- Nope

5) Are you using A2SD?

- Yep

- No

6) Problem with the rom

- I just bought a class 6 8gb SD as an upgrade for my previous class 2 one, and did this to try and intergate the new SD into the system:

Nand + ext backup, I then inserted the new SD and went into recovery, partitioned it and upgraded to ext3, and restoring the previous Nand backup so that the apps would be moved back onto the new ext. After rebooting, I checked that the apps were moved successfully, which they were, and went into the terminal emulator to move the Dalvik onto the SD - after "su", I get a "Permission denied" - have I lost the superuser ability or something?

Thanks.

6) Problem with the rom

- I just bought a class 6 8gb SD as an upgrade for my previous class 2 one, and did this to try and intergate the new SD into the system:

Nand + ext backup, I then inserted the new SD and went into recovery, partitioned it and upgraded to ext3, and restoring the previous Nand backup so that the apps would be moved back onto the new ext. After rebooting, I checked that the apps were moved successfully, which they were, and went into the terminal emulator to move the Dalvik onto the SD - after "su", I get a "Permission denied" - have I lost the superuser ability or something?

Thanks.

The solution is in tips and tricks for the pulse. I haven't personaly tried it, but here it is:

adb remount

adb shell chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su