I9000XWJG5 now available !

Guest djase

Guest DistortedLoop
Update about JG5. Testing already many hours and I have no seen Black screens, not actual lag anywhere anymore. Hate to say this, but it seems even faster, than the Paul`s Lag fix... :angry:

Could you check out the "Real lag fix" thread and run the Quadrant benchmark test on your phone with just JG5 installed to see how it compares to the other scores going on over there with the moving apps database to the sdcard fixes?

Thanks.

Guest casper326
Could you check out the "Real lag fix" thread and run the Quadrant benchmark test on your phone with just JG5 installed to see how it compares to the other scores going on over there with the moving apps database to the sdcard fixes?

Thanks.

The score is 863

Guest DistortedLoop
The score is 863

Thanks. They're posting scores double that by using Mimo's fix in addition to the latest ROM!

900 here (Paul's firmware with lag fix).

I am using JG5 with mimocan's fix (moves stuff to an ext4 partition on the sdcard):

Three scores of 1443, 1381, 1404 just a few minutes ago!

Guest dan 6a

Got JG5 working so I deleted all my frustrations from this post :angry:

Is it okay/advised to overlay paul's R2 over JG5? Or is it only optimised for JG1?

Edited by dan 6a

Guest DistortedLoop
Got JG5 working so I deleted all my frustrations from this post :angry:

Is it okay/advised to overlay paul's R2 over JG5? Or is it only optimised for JG1?

Probably better to ask Paul in the R2 thread then here, but the MCR instructions specifically say that you should not flash MCR 2 over anything other than JG1 and doing so may cause problems that can only be fixed with a re-flash of the firmware via Odin.

Personally I wouldn't risk it, but you could be the guinea pig for the rest of us! LOL.

Paul seemed to express interest in JG5 in one of the threads; perhaps MCR r3 will be based on it...

Guest seraphine

I just flashed my SGS with JG5 and the 512 PIT file and it's FLYING. No further mods.

So much smoother day to day. I don't know if it will last past these next few minutes as I repopulate it, but I really really hope it will :angry:

Guest seraphine

Okay all, just confirming that after I installed the latest firmware (JG5), I get the SAME Quandrant result, BUT my phone is iPhone smooth now.

Everything just loads nice and quick with smooth animations.

I'm really really really happy with it now :angry:

I just flashed my SGS with JG5 and the 512 PIT file and it's FLYING. No further mods.

So much smoother day to day. I don't know if it will last past these next few minutes as I repopulate it, but I really really hope it will :D