MCR r23 Development Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest wdfowty
Does any one know of a OC-UV kernel that would work on this Rom?

intersectRaven's kernels are the only ones (AFAIK) that allow for the FM radio to work. His kernels are undervolted, but he doesn't do overclocking. Overclocking is considered unsafe, and it really isn't worth having an extra 113 mHz IMHO.

If you really need an overclocked kernel, I suggest wildmonks OC mod of intersectRaven's kernels, but I don't know the compatibility of these kernels with the desire port.

Guest wdfowty
Paul is doing a great job, but i fear that this might follow the other Desire port path. BT will not be fixed, and battery life will be disappointing. But hopefully i will be wrong, and this will be a stable good ROM. Waiting for prebaked :angry:

I LOVE this rom so far. I've been running it for a few hours now, and haven't had any issues except for the video recorder, it doesn't stop recording and requires a manual FC. The battery life is extraordinary, I'd say on par with stock froyo. Bluetooth really isn't an issue for me, as I never use it, but I know this is an issue for most.

Guest ez14u2nv
Hey can you please buy me a BMW cause I can afford one right now. No leather, its too sticky, sunroof is ok and black please. Thanks!!

Common man support MoDaCo and pitch in the 15 bucks. :D

Paul (me) liks this :angry:

Guest brockenX

Purchase an ad free subscription just for this rom. keep up the good work paul :angry:

Edited by brockenX

Guest Sylar2010

With Eclair Desire port the BT was half working so will be Froyo Desire port,don't forget it's the very first steps in the developement...the very first alfa in 2.2

Guest prgopala

1 +ve thing abt the rom... the problem with the video playback in r22 roms (and backwards) wherein you would get a white screen for some videos with audio playing in the background seems to not occur in this rom. I played almost all types of video files available and the white screen prob seems to not occur now.

Guest MikeDaGeek

Is anyone else experiencing delays talking when answering a call? I need to double check if this is only when I have the stock headset in and listening to something else ... but when I receive a call I find myself saying "Hello ... Hello .." for up to 15-30 seconds before the caller can hear me, once they can the conversation is instant and "normal" but there is a major delay before the caller hears me. When I switched to r21 because of a desire to play with FroYo this disappeared but I was experiencing this in the prior Desire port.

I have found it faster to just hang up on my caller and call them back and then we can instantly start talking when we connect. At first I attributed this to AT&T cause ... well .. at&t.

But after hitting the r21 version ... not having this and then it showing back up within a day of flashing this ROM I now have more to go on.

Am I alone?

:angry: :D ;) OMG!!! , I love this ROM. PAUL, GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!

Rebaked to near perfection! Battery life is better now compared to other roms; somehow have better wifi and 3g/reception where I eat, sleep, n play (play all day at work too)! WOW! Can't wait for more. Thanks again Mr Paul.

Guest bpoecell
Is anyone else experiencing delays talking when answering a call? I need to double check if this is only when I have the stock headset in and listening to something else ... but when I receive a call I find myself saying "Hello ... Hello .." for up to 15-30 seconds before the caller can hear me, once they can the conversation is instant and "normal" but there is a major delay before the caller hears me. When I switched to r21 because of a desire to play with FroYo this disappeared but I was experiencing this in the prior Desire port.

I have found it faster to just hang up on my caller and call them back and then we can instantly start talking when we connect. At first I attributed this to AT&T cause ... well .. at&t.

But after hitting the r21 version ... not having this and then it showing back up within a day of flashing this ROM I now have more to go on.

Am I alone?

I've had this a couple of times too. Maybe %25 of my calls.

Guest mudrock1000

So wait maybe I don't remember the specs of the n1 well anymore. I recall it was able to transmit AND receive...am I wrong? Because the FM radio is pretty useless to me personally :angry:

Guest wdfowty

So i have found that the facebook app is the stock android version, is there any way to get facebook for sense?

Edited by wdfowty

Guest techlogik
I'm in the same boat! lol

I went to purchase an Ad-Free sub this morning just because of this rom, and I found out i'm a few dollars short.

Yes, how about a mirror/hosted site with the base version of the kitchen for download for the rest of us?!?!

Guest wdfowty
Yes, how about a mirror/hosted site with the base version of the kitchen for download for the rest of us?!?!

Paul's gotta eat :angry:

Guest KenAnthony
So i have found that the facebook app is the stock android version, is there any way to get facebook for sense?

..use friend stream then uncheck Twitter updates in friend stream and it will only do Facebook.. that's how I have mine!!

Doesn't hurt to show some support for all the work Mr Paul has done here. No mirrors needed. =)

Guest wdfowty
..use friend stream then uncheck Twitter updates in friend stream and it will only do Facebook.. that's how I have mine!!

It worked. I figured out that all htc roms use the same facebook app. I looked at some old posts I had on facebook when I had my MyTouchSlide, and they all said "Facebook for android". D'oh!

Thanks!

Guest GodDriven
Paul's gotta eat :angry:

I rose from the dead just to agree with this statement! :D

Hello All, Been a while, In any Nexus Forum, Whew...

Guest wdfowty
I rose from the dead just to agree with this statement! :angry:

Hello All, Been a while, In any Nexus Forum, Whew...

Lol! Welcome back!