MCR r23 Development Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest R@v3n

I just found that the copying of the modules doesn't work with the 22/Jul alpha. I copied kmobs' script as well and it also doesn't work which is why WiFi won't work. You'll have to push it manually. :(

*Btw, latest FM kernels are in my MediaFire folder:

http://www.mediafire.com/intersectRaven

**They're the ones with the -FM labels.

Edited by R@v3n

Guest Mojito71
I just found that the copying of the modules doesn't work with the 22/Jul alpha. I copied kmobs' script as well and it also doesn't work which is why WiFi won't work. You'll have to push it manually. :P

Interesting :( but which of the files do you recommend for the Nexus? I don't know the difference between 800mV and 925mV :(

T

Edited by Mojito71

Guest phoneist
Interesting :( but which of the files do you recommend for the Nexus? I don't know the difference between 800mV and 925mV :(

T

My opinion is that 925mV makes the battery last longer.

I use intersectRavens 2.6.35_AVS-X-925mV_CFS_20100715_1511 and it works with FM-radio.The channelsearch takes some time

but it works!

BTW thanks Paul for a great ROM ! :P

Edited by phoneist

Guest ninfragiler14
I just found that the copying of the modules doesn't work with the 22/Jul alpha. I copied kmobs' script as well and it also doesn't work which is why WiFi won't work. You'll have to push it manually. :(

When I try any of these kernels, my wifi doesn't work, any ideas? Also, I still cannot connect to HTC facebook, it just says "Service unavailable at this time". Android facebook works, but I would like to use friendstream. Has anyone else had this problem? My battery life is actually better that it was with Cyanogen 6

Guest prgopala

Hi everyone... i am trying to install the latest r23 i.e. the 22nd july version...

ok..i baked it...and i am trying to install... it copies all the files to system etc... but fag down it starts deleting some files... i knw this is normal.. but then installation gets aborted with error message 'e:cannot symlink to /data/fuser' ... and couple of error like the one aforementioned..

anyone, any idea??? wat am i doing wrong here???

Guest acantril

Has anyone experienced this one. SIgnal is full, i press power button, screen shuts off, when i awake it again signal is gone, no network connection and it wont reconnect until i restart the phone. Seems that i get it with both pauls and king's desire port.

this is with the radio from pauls kitchen and ive tried diff kernels....

Guest Eurosportler
Has anyone experienced this one. SIgnal is full, i press power button, screen shuts off, when i awake it again signal is gone, no network connection and it wont reconnect until i restart the phone. Seems that i get it with both pauls and king's desire port.

this is with the radio from pauls kitchen and ive tried diff kernels....

This is a big issue at the moment on all Froyo Roms. I have the same problem with this release and with the stock release from Paul. I think Froyo itself is causing this problems. Even on my HTC HD2 with every Froyo Port i have the same problem. If there is a fix, im sure Paul will find it :(

greetz

Guest acantril
This is a big issue at the moment on all Froyo Roms. I have the same problem with this release and with the stock release from Paul. I think Froyo itself is causing this problems. Even on my HTC HD2 with every Froyo Port i have the same problem. If there is a fix, im sure Paul will find it :(

greetz

I wouldn't mind some confirmation from Paul that he is aware of it, and its being looked at. The ROM is amazing, but not having a voice/2g/3g signal is a little silly after screen power off.

Guest WinhWah

I've been using this ROM since yesterday and love the sense UI. Thanks Paul for porting this ROM to the great Nexus One.

Here are few issues that I have encountered and noticed so far:

1- When I unplug the power cord, the LED light never shut off. Although the battery is full, the light still indicates orange.

2- As previously mentioned in the thread, I am unable to USB tether.

3- Unable to access the SD card when the Nexus One is connected to my PC.

Other than these I am very happy, can't wait for the next update...

Guest ninfragiler14
I've been using this ROM since yesterday and love the sense UI. Thanks Paul for porting this ROM to the great Nexus One.

Here are few issues that I have encountered and noticed so far:

1- When I unplug the power cord, the LED light never shut off. Although the battery is full, the light still indicates orange.

2- As previously mentioned in the thread, I am unable to USB tether.

3- Unable to access the SD card when the Nexus One is connected to my PC.

Other than these I am very happy, can't wait for the next update...

You can never access the SD card if it is mounted to the computer. Only one device at a time.

Guest prodigy2007

Been a while since I have tested any Desire Builds... does the weather animation no longer work on the homescreen widget?

Edited by prodigy2007

Guest LunatikBunnie

I just paid for an ad-free to use the kitchen for this mod, and I got

"E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/fuser

E:Failure at line 137:

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/fuser

Installation aborted."

Full wipe ran a few times, coming from TheOfficial Enom ROM.

Clockworkmod 2.5.0.1

Any solutions to this issue?

Been a while since I have tested any Desire Builds... does the weather animation no longer work on the homescreen widget?

Not sure why yours isn't working, but mines running smoothly. All animations look great and very operational. Along with that, to a few posts above this one: quite strange for me and feeling lucky too; my 3g and WiFi signals are better than ever on this rom, whereas they kinda sucked where I usually use my phone. Still having some battery drain issue (blaming it on the widgets and sense ui for now), and little bugs here n there as most people have mentioned. But I'm satisfied enough to make this my daily production rom. No crashes, no frustration since installation! Can't wait for more.

Guest prodigy2007
Not sure why yours isn't working, but mines running smoothly. All animations look great and very operational. Along with that, to a few posts above this one: quite strange for me and feeling lucky too; my 3g and WiFi signals are better than ever on this rom, whereas they kinda sucked where I usually use my phone. Still having some battery drain issue (blaming it on the widgets and sense ui for now), and little bugs here n there as most people have mentioned. But I'm satisfied enough to make this my daily production rom. No crashes, no frustration since installation! Can't wait for more.

And you see them on the homescreesn? not upon clicking on the icon, right?

Guest phoneist

I agree,I've had no issues ,what so ever ,with this ROM and and I also have better signal both on 3g and wifi.With the IR kernel

also the batterylife is good!

Guest prgopala
I just paid for an ad-free to use the kitchen for this mod, and I got

"E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/fuser

E:Failure at line 137:

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/fuser

Installation aborted."

Full wipe ran a few times, coming from TheOfficial Enom ROM.

Clockworkmod 2.5.0.1

Any solutions to this issue?

+1.. same issue... paul, pls help...

Guest soobiewrx

I have been using this ROM for the past week, and I like it enough to not go back to CM6RC1.

Issuse that im having, which im sure have been previously stated byt if anyone has a fix please advise.

LED and trackball dont notify, only for phone calls

Needs power off at least once a day, will hang up and just chug along..

when listening to music, any notification will pause the song, I wish it would play both at the same time

cannot attach pics to gmail outgoing.

need a "now playing" twitter app that recognizes htc music player, all that i find on market only work with android music player.

Despite these issues, im very happy that I flashed to this. Still wary, and not going to delete my nand back ups just yet lol

And you see them on the homescreesn? not upon clicking on the icon, right?

Yes indeed! Turned my phone on this morning and saw some clouds rolling by (ofcourse that only works if you put it to sleep on that screen). Tapped on the middle of the cloud and it took me to htc weather app. Tapped on time n it took me to alarms, world clock, etc. All other widgets on the other homescreens working the same, exactly like its suppose to.

Try removing it from the homescreen. Reapply widget making sure you check the box "Show full screen animation". If that doesnt work, rebake and start over, I guess.

Edited by PS&E

Guest prgopala

just wondering... did u check/uncheck 'show full screen animation' on the clock widget???..coz if you uncheck it then you won't see the fancy animations when you unlock ur phone...

Guest jay_s_uk

Raven,

I've installed your last couple of kernals (24th and 25th 925mv cfs) and since then wifi has no longer worked. I just get an error. I'm not annoyed or annything, just wondering if you have any ideas why this is occurring (as you're the kernal God!)

Jay

Guest prodigy2007
Yes indeed! Turned my phone on this morning and saw some clouds rolling by (ofcourse that only works if you put it to sleep on that screen). Tapped on the middle of the cloud and it took me to htc weather app. Tapped on time n it took me to alarms, world clock, etc. All other widgets on the other homescreens working the same, exactly like its suppose to.

Try removing it from the homescreen. Reapply widget making sure you check the box "Show full screen animation". If that doesnt work, rebake and start over, I guess.

just wondering... did u check/uncheck 'show full screen animation' on the clock widget???..coz if you uncheck it then you won't see the fancy animations when you unlock ur phone...

Yeah tried both of these but no dice. I'll try baking a new one. I been doing some theme work to this but even with the original baked version it doesn't work

Guest Brian L

ROM running great for me,just wanted to point out one problem I have found. When an alarm goes off on my phone that I have set, there is no way to turn it off lol