MCR r23 Development Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kamasi36
I agree on those two but I'm pretty impressed with EvilD's Sense port. It's still not perfect but I think of all the ones out there it's currently the best. I'm waiting to see what Paul comes up with for the next WIP or Alpha version as all of the Sense ports still have quite a few issues that can sometimes make them hard to use as a full time ROM.

+1

Evil's Rom is the best I think. 720 video recording. Hella memory. Only real issues bluetooth and FM radio. You flash another kernal it will break the camera. I flashed Raven's kernal FM radio worked good but camera broke.

I have 3 Roms I switch back and forth from,this one, Evil's, and Enom's.

Guest negreenfield
+1

Evil's Rom is the best I think. 720 video recording. Hella memory. Only real issues bluetooth and FM radio. You flash another kernal it will break the camera. I flashed Raven's kernal FM radio worked good but camera broke.

I have 3 Roms I switch back and forth from,this one, Evil's, and Enom's.

Haha, I actually switch between Enom and Evil for now. Enom's are the most stable for me with great battery life and performance, and I think Evil's is the best Froyo sense right now. But I'm waiting too see what Paul and Evil come up with now that the official desire froyo is out.

Guest rafael velasquez
Haha, I actually switch between Enom and Evil for now. Enom's are the most stable for me with great battery life and performance, and I think Evil's is the best Froyo sense right now. But I'm waiting too see what Paul and Evil come up with now that the official desire froyo is out.

I don't think that ANYBOBY is coming up with ANYTHING ANYTIME soon. when's the last time Paul even posted in this thread.....I think we've been forgotten.

Guest cdubb9800
I don't think that ANYBOBY is coming up with ANYTHING ANYTIME soon. when's the last time Paul even posted in this thread.....I think we've been forgotten.

i agree im going to evil rom till i see a update i was ready to pay the price for premium membership i dont know if its worth it now

Guest magicpie1980

Evils rom is good, but there is still the market issue that it does not reinstall your apps from the start, It does not even show your 2.2 apps that you have downloaded from your previous rom, it just shows the ones you have purchaced...

There is also no flash player in the market, it leads me to think we are using the 2.1 market... yuk

JD

Guest negreenfield
Evils rom is good, but there is still the market issue that it does not reinstall your apps from the start, It does not even show your 2.2 apps that you have downloaded from your previous rom, it just shows the ones you have purchaced...

There is also no flash player in the market, it leads me to think we are using the 2.1 market... yuk

JD

I think this is the case. I also guess this is all due to all of these Sense ROMs for Froyo being based on the unofficial Desire release, maybe a leaked release? Anyway, it sounds like it may take time to get the official release ready but hopefully not too long.

Guest kamasi36
I think this is the case. I also guess this is all due to all of these Sense ROMs for Froyo being based on the unofficial Desire release, maybe a leaked release? Anyway, it sounds like it may take time to get the official release ready but hopefully not too long.

There is so much that does work. Before the leaked Rom we couldn't use quick boot to get into recovery. FM radio never worked and no 720p video. Progress has been made.

In addition, Modaco did a lot for the Nexus One community, especially getting us upgrades to rooted from official releases quick. As far as I'm concerned he earned my 15 bucks. However, I wish he would show more love to us Sense fiends. Hopefully the Dev swoops by here soon and satiates our Desire.

Guest enterusername
There is so much that does work. Before the leaked Rom we couldn't use quick boot to get into recovery. FM radio never worked and no 720p video. Progress has been made.

In addition, Modaco did a lot for the Nexus One community, especially getting us upgrades to rooted from official releases quick. As far as I'm concerned he earned my 15 bucks. However, I wish he would show more love to us Sense fiends. Hopefully the Dev swoops by here soon and satiates our Desire.

I hope so too. I paid the premium for this and it appears it has been forgotten for awhile now. I hope they return soon.

Love the radio feature on it..except its unusable at the moment except once or twice when it doesn't crash.

Any new work lately? :)

Guest negreenfield

I'll admit I don't know much about what a lot of this means but I saw that Paul just added the new release for the Desire but that it can't be rooted. Does this mean that if you aren't rooted and then you go to that OTA release you can't use the old method to get root? Therefore if you're already rooted it doesn't really matter?

Regardless, hopefully that means a port is coming out soon of the official release.

Guest kamasi36
I'll admit I don't know much about what a lot of this means but I saw that Paul just added the new release for the Desire but that it can't be rooted. Does this mean that if you aren't rooted and then you go to that OTA release you can't use the old method to get root? Therefore if you're already rooted it doesn't really matter?

Regardless, hopefully that means a port is coming out soon of the official release.

Read that this morning. Hopefully we get a port soon. HTC made it hard to go back, root. Something about the hboot. People who flashed it lost root and are having problems getting it back. Really though I can wait. I would rather wait and keep my root. I flashed raven's kernal 1151 on this rom FM radio worked much better. Using Evil's though because I rather have 720p.

Guest enterusername
Read that this morning. Hopefully we get a port soon. HTC made it hard to go back, root. Something about the hboot. People who flashed it lost root and are having problems getting it back. Really though I can wait. I would rather wait and keep my root. I flashed raven's kernal 1151 on this rom FM radio worked much better. Using Evil's though because I rather have 720p.

Where can I get evil's? And can you send some documentation about flashing kernel ravens kernel?

I'm very interested :)

Guest kamasi36
Where can I get evil's? And can you send some documentation about flashing kernel ravens kernel?

I'm very interested :)

Can I post link to it? I have the zip file for Raven's kernel on my SD. It would be easy for you to Google raven's fm kernel for n1. Evil sense Rom is on n1 development page xda.

Guest enterusername
Can I post link to it? I have the zip file for Raven's kernel on my SD. It would be easy for you to Google raven's fm kernel for n1. Evil sense Rom is on n1 development page xda.

I see Raven's kernel does fix alot of the fm radio problems in this rom. Still not perfect but alot better. Thanks for the info.

Couldnt install evil 0.9.8 it crashed my device

Guest rafael velasquez
I see Raven's kernel does fix alot of the fm radio problems in this rom. Still not perfect but alot better. Thanks for the info.

Couldnt install evil 0.9.8 it crashed my device

0.9.8 crashed mine too. I'm on a rooted froyo stock with htc ime mod keyboard now til' somebody gets this sucker stable.

BLUETOOTH!!! BLUETOOTH!!!! BLUETOOTH!!!! BLUETOOTH!!!! BLUETOOTH!!!! BLUETOOTH!!!!! BLUETOOTH!!!!!

GET MY BLUETOOTH HEADSET WORKING AND I'LL DEAL WITH A FEW GLITCHES.

Guest MikeDaGeek
I would love to see support for ipsec VPN added to this ROM: http://code.google.com/p/get-a-robot-vpnc/

Even before BT and 720p, VPN capabilities are most important for me having a daily use ROM.

Thanks for the LINK!! That VPN client works for me on our Cisco Concentrator ! I'm now able to VPN in and use the WYSE Beta and RDP to my work desktop.

Not sure what the issue is or why support for this is needed, worked natively for me.

Guest prgopala
0.9.8 crashed mine too. I'm on a rooted froyo stock with htc ime mod keyboard now til' somebody gets this sucker stable.

BLUETOOTH!!! BLUETOOTH!!!! BLUETOOTH!!!! BLUETOOTH!!!! BLUETOOTH!!!! BLUETOOTH!!!!! BLUETOOTH!!!!!

GET MY BLUETOOTH HEADSET WORKING AND I'LL DEAL WITH A FEW GLITCHES.

Did you guys flash 0.9.8 directly??? It has been mentioned on the post that there are problems when the latest version is flashed directly.

Flash v 0.9.7 first. Enter account settings etc... Then flash v 0.9.8 without wiping... And you guys should be gud

Guest rafael velasquez
Did you guys flash 0.9.8 directly??? It has been mentioned on the post that there are problems when the latest version is flashed directly.

Flash v 0.9.7 first. Enter account settings etc... Then flash v 0.9.8 without wiping... And you guys should be gud

I haven't tried that. gonna try now.

Guest enterusername
I haven't tried that. gonna try now.

Can you use raven's kernel on this rom? So the radio will work? :S

I'll post on xda if this is getting off topic of this rom :)

Guest rafael velasquez
Can you use raven's kernel on this rom? So the radio will work? :S

I'll post on xda if this is getting off topic of this rom :)

Not quite sure cause I really don't give a sh*t about the radio, but DUDE, MY FREAKING BLUETOOTH HEADSET WORKS ON EVIL D'S ROM!!!!! ALL I DID WAS MAKE MY HEADSET DISCOVERABLE, SCAN FOR DEVICES, THEN TOGGLE ON AND OFF MY NEXUS' DISCOVERABILTY THEN LEFT IT IN DISCOVERABLE AND BAM!!!! WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR WORKS NOW.

Guest Toni Lähdekorpi
DUDE, MY FREAKING BLUETOOTH HEADSET WORKS ON EVIL D'S ROM!!!!! ALL I DID WAS MAKE MY HEADSET DISCOVERABLE, SCAN FOR DEVICES, THEN TOGGLE ON AND OFF MY NEXUS' DISCOVERABILTY THEN LEFT IT IN DISCOVERABLE AND BAM!!!! WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR WORKS NOW.

My ears.

They are hurting.

loud-boy.png

Guest prgopala
Not quite sure cause I really don't give a sh*t about the radio, but DUDE, MY FREAKING BLUETOOTH HEADSET WORKS ON EVIL D'S ROM!!!!! ALL I DID WAS MAKE MY HEADSET DISCOVERABLE, SCAN FOR DEVICES, THEN TOGGLE ON AND OFF MY NEXUS' DISCOVERABILTY THEN LEFT IT IN DISCOVERABLE AND BAM!!!! WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR WORKS NOW.

Haa haa. Tat you can still do with this rom as well. Bluetooth on this rom and on all odr 'desire to nexus' roms have the same problems. U can still connect bluetooth using the toggle method u mentioned above. Wat every1 wants is a stable bluetooth w/o all these hassle.

Edited by prgopala

Guest rafael velasquez
Haa haa. Tat you can still do with this rom as well. Bluetooth on this rom and on all odr 'desire to nexus' roms have the same problems. U can still connect bluetooth using the toggle method u mentioned above. Wat every1 wants is a stable bluetooth w/o all these hassle.

man, what the sh*t? no one had the common curtiousy to tell me this? thats all i was waiting on to make r23 an everyday rom.