MCR r23 Development Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

man, what the sh*t? no one had the common curtiousy to tell me this? thats all i was waiting on to make r23 an everyday rom.

It's been mentioned dozens of times since the beginning of the desire rom ports, in both threads.

However myself I've never had success with that method, so it's not a real fix IMO, just luck depending on the devices in use and the stars alignments and so on.

sns

Guest prgopala
man, what the sh*t? no one had the common curtiousy to tell me this? thats all i was waiting on to make r23 an everyday rom.

Chill man... If you had read all the pages in the thread you would have realised this long before...

See even if you can connect your bluetooth headset/device using the above method you still cannot enjoy bugless BT experience... I myself use a bluetooth headphone for listening to music and half the time the BT streaming skips a beat or two... That means if the song is like 3 mins long almost a min of it gets skipped while streaming...

Hope paul or someone can fix this...

Guest DFSVegas

This might be a strange question to some, but why, with the existence of mp3's, podcasts, pandora, rhapsody, audible, and million other audio distractions, would anybody need an FM radio on their phone?

Do you people want it just to say you have it? Who the hell actually wants to listen to a playlist they have no control over for 10 minutes, and then listen to 30 minutes of commercials?

Can somebody please explain the obsession with FM radio amongst Nexus One users? I mean, if we can have it, fine, but it seems like FM radio is only possible at the expense of other features.

Color me confused.

This might be a strange question to some, but why, with the existence of mp3's, podcasts, pandora, rhapsody, audible, and million other audio distractions, would anybody need an FM radio on their phone?

Do you people want it just to say you have it? Who the hell actually wants to listen to a playlist they have no control over for 10 minutes, and then listen to 30 minutes of commercials?

Can somebody please explain the obsession with FM radio amongst Nexus One users? I mean, if we can have it, fine, but it seems like FM radio is only possible at the expense of other features.

Color me confused.

I dont care for FM Radio either. But I believe the objective here is to get as close as possible to what is running on the actual hTC Desire smartphone. That is all! =/

Guest prgopala
I dont care for FM Radio either. But I believe the objective here is to get as close as possible to what is running on the actual hTC Desire smartphone. That is all! =/

Correct... The other thing that i can think of is from a developer's perspective...

We all knew from Day 1 when N1 was launched that it did not have a FM radio... This was all fine when we didn't know that the hardware was there... Now when we know the hardware is there that's when everyone got going and started thinking about how to enable the same and listening...

I guess the motive here is to get FM working like on any other Android device rather than actually having it for day to day use...

take my e.g. when paul had release the desire versions till r22, i used to flash each one of them to check if the FM radio works or not... And now when we have it working (or atleast some part of it working) i haven't even turned it on for like days...

I guess it's just a matter self satisfaction for a developer to achieve something incredible like this. For people like me it is just nice to have and yeah as said above 'to get as close as possible to what is running on the actual hTC Desire smartphone'.

FM radio:

- doesn't use any of my 500MB data plan

- doesn't require me to put music on the phone or chose it

- can sometimes make me discover new music

- can listen to music I don't have or listen to often

- has news and other local info, contests, etc

some people just like it. Not everyone is 100% tied to the Internet. Hey I still even watch TV on an actual television box once in a while!

sns

Guest rafael velasquez
FM radio:

some people just like it. Not everyone is 100% tied to the Internet. Hey I still even watch TV on an actual television box once in a while!

sns

Try the IHeartRadio App in the market. I use it to listen to the Rod Ryan Show all day in Houston.

Try the IHeartRadio App in the market. I use it to listen to the Rod Ryan Show all day in Houston.

"iheartradio delivers over 750 of America’s favorite radio stations" I'm not in the US. Not that the app sucks, but not for me I guess

And that still uses the data plan...

(and I barely listen to the radio, I was just explaining various reasons I had done it in the past lol)

Edited by Guest

Guest yankyjz

Bluetooth:

I find that with regards to getting your bluetooth headset to connect with the phone, If you check the "Discoverable" check box then long press on the headset you want to connect to & choose "options", then check the "connect" check box. Most times it will connect on the first try!

This seems to work on all Sense roms. Hope it help!

Jay

Guest houstonblaney1

Color me confused.

You're not alone. The thing that baffles me is that the Nexus One costs US$529, but you have people that can't afford the data plan so they cry over getting the FM radio working. Why shell out the cash for such a data-hogging device when you don't want to use data? If you need an FM radio, they're relatively cheap at your local Walmart or Radio Shack. And you won't need to spend a huge chunk of money for a Nexus One.

If you're going to spend big for a phone, you might spend a little to use it like it's supposed to be used. Smartphone = data hungry. Feed your phone's hunger for data.

Guest DFSVegas
FM radio:

sns

Fair enough. I do have an unlimited data plan on T-Mobile, and an iPod, so I just never saw the need. I also have a 4GB SD card, which, in a pinch would more than satiate me (I like to listen to Lady Gaga on my own terms, thank you very much, lol). Honestly, I just didn't know anybody actually still listened to FM radio... Then again, I only want mah Television Box for ESPN and Mad Men, so... Yeah, I'm "that guy".

All that said, if you ask me, FM radio should be at the very bottom of the list when it comes to getting this rom working. I've had to move on to other forums for a working Sense Froyo rom, and their nice, but Paul has made the best roms I've found. I like this one (King something or other), and it's pretty good, but I'd still prefer Paul's effort. I'm dying here Paul!

Guest MidnightSlide

If Paul would at least update us on what is going on, that would be great. Paul is probably the most unresponsive dev around.. which is sad, because he is losing more and more of his followers every day.

In my opinion, I think that eViL and Paul should get together (along with other developers) and join forces like the CyanogenMod dev team. That way, something would always be getting done, we would constantly be getting updates, and they would have each other's support.

Guest prgopala
If Paul would at least update us on what is going on, that would be great. Paul is probably the most unresponsive dev around.. which is sad, because he is losing more and more of his followers every day.

In my opinion, I think that eViL and Paul should get together (along with other developers) and join forces like the CyanogenMod dev team. That way, something would always be getting done, we would constantly be getting updates, and they would have each other's support.

+1

Guest FaZe916

I'm going to wait till this thread hits a month with no updates, if that happens then I'll just unsubscribe...even kingklick's weed smoking ass hasn't forgotten about us end users.

Guest Joseph Landor

It has been hard waiting for an update from Paul. Maybe, if we ask him with @ replies on twitter enough times, he'll notice and give us an update.

Guest paesan

I have to say I agree. In my opinion a little communication goes a long way. How difficult is it to make a short post every now and then on the development status of the rom.

Guest realcos

after used r23 dev wip more than 2weeks, I met a fatal crash.

Once the lock screen sound changed to the "innovation" ringtone itself, and I closed the lock screen sound in the settings. Then I reflashed IR's AVS-X 0715 kernel, then i switched on the lock screen sound. Then the system crashed, it won't come to the desk top again.

This the 2nd time I found this problem, but last time the system won't crash. and I reflashed the rom and fixed the problem.

Now I will try again to reflash the rom.

I suppose he is gonna update us once his Desire r7 updates complete... alteast goes from WIP to beta. I have faith in him.. but wud love for some communication.

the nexus port is essentially based on the desire rom.. and since r7 is based on the actual froyo desire release... i guess it would be worth the wait... wish we had an ETA... or a simple "Hi, How ya all doin?" from Paul... :)

Guest karnovaran

Color me confused.

Local info. I listen to two local talk stations everyday. I agree it would be silly to listen to radio for music, but there are more than just music stations out there.

Guest ChrisSpera
+1

+2

I'd love to hear a status as well; but have faith that Paul is working on the Desire r7 ROM and will get to us when he is done with that.

Before I can make the Desire Port a ROM for anything else but playing for an afternoon, the following has to be fixed from my perspective:

-BT fix

-USB fix

I use my device in the car for calls and GPS. I have 2 Nexus One Car Docks (one for each car we own), and not being able to use the speaker phone capabilities of the dock is disappointing. I also prefer the stock N1 app, Car Home when driving. (Paul, any chance on getting that baked in vs. the Car Dock app that the ROM is currently using (I forget the name, sorry...))

Thanks for all of your hard work. I'm finding my Plus Membership well worth the cost.

Guest Jermaine Maine
+2

I'd love to hear a status as well; but have faith that Paul is working on the Desire r7 ROM and will get to us when he is done with that.

Before I can make the Desire Port a ROM for anything else but playing for an afternoon, the following has to be fixed from my perspective:

-BT fix

-USB fix

I use my device in the car for calls and GPS. I have 2 Nexus One Car Docks (one for each car we own), and not being able to use the speaker phone capabilities of the dock is disappointing. I also prefer the stock N1 app, Car Home when driving. (Paul, any chance on getting that baked in vs. the Car Dock app that the ROM is currently using (I forget the name, sorry...))

Thanks for all of your hard work. I'm finding my Plus Membership well worth the cost.

I have a feeling this ROM is going the way of the Desire r22.1 ROM for Nexus. Dead in the water. I tried to contact Paul also to no avail.