MCR r23 Development Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest guardo

I am also experiencing instability with the FM radio, the tuner ceases functioning after finding a station and freezes when trying to shut down the app. Other than that this is the fastest Desire port yet, keep up the good work.

Guest ChrisSpera
I have a feeling this ROM is going the way of the Desire r22.1 ROM for Nexus. Dead in the water. I tried to contact Paul also to no avail.

That would be unfortunate.

This is the successor to the r22.1 Desire ROM for the Nexus one. This is very close to being a daily driver ROM; and that's why I'm so interested in it.

I'm CERTAIN Paul still has this on his back burner; but with his Holiday and work on the MCR for the actual Desire device, this and MCR r21 for the N1 have taken a back seat.

I really do think he'll either get back to us with a note saying he's either ceased development on it, or when to expect an update... again, all in due time.

Guest prgopala
That would be unfortunate.

This is the successor to the r22.1 Desire ROM for the Nexus one. This is very close to being a daily driver ROM; and that's why I'm so interested in it.

I'm CERTAIN Paul still has this on his back burner; but with his Holiday and work on the MCR for the actual Desire device, this and MCR r21 for the N1 have taken a back seat.

I really do think he'll either get back to us with a note saying he's either ceased development on it, or when to expect an update... again, all in due time.

now i think it would have been better for paul to not have had released this at all... We are pinning our hopes and keep on checking the posts on this thread only because paul released a WIP... Think if he would not have had??? Then would we have had a thread, which have posts more of expectations rather than new release, bugs & bug fixes... Think :)

Edited by prgopala

Guest kamasi36
now i think it would have been better for paul to not have had released this at all... We are pinning our hopes and keep on checking the posts on this thread only because paul released a WIP... Think if he would not have had??? Then would we have had a thread, which have posts more of expectations rather than new release, bugs & bug fixes... Think :)

A response from the dev would of been cool. Desire equal UK and that's where the dev's home base is, so it's not strange that U.S. and others get no respect. Lesson learned.

Guest joshlusignan
A response from the dev would of been cool. Desire equal UK and that's where the dev's home base is, so it's not strange that U.S. and others get no respect. Lesson learned.

Really...is this what the whining and complaining has come to, sad. I donated on the hopes of an update soon as well, but I also wanted to bake my own ROM, and now I can for a year. We paid for an Ad Free account, not a "Hurry up and build my Sense ROM" account.

I say if you got nothing new to post about the ROM, dont bother posting.

Guest desull

well i guess i did something wrong...

I was coming from an older 2.1 Modaco Desire Rom and went to upgrade to this..I cooked in the radio update too.

I performed a nandroid back, then full wipe, then flashed the update.zip but nothing happened.

I'm on RA-nexus v1.7 recovery image but when I perform this it just boots to the recovery screen, minus the text, only the picture.

Anyone know what happened here?

*edit* got it to work..

but no trackball wake up??? :) i was hoping by now it would be incorporated and got my hopes up when I saw trackpad wakeup...o well, rom still seems solid tho!

Thanks for everything Paul!

Edited by desull

Really...is this what the whining and complaining has come to, sad. I donated on the hopes of an update soon as well, but I also wanted to bake my own ROM, and now I can for a year. We paid for an Ad Free account, not a "Hurry up and build my Sense ROM" account.

I say if you got nothing new to post about the ROM, dont bother posting.

+1

Paul has no obligation to anyone of you; its not like you're all obligated to him. Go back to stock or move on to other roms n devs if you don't have anything good to say. There's plenty of other options n potential if you're all so upset.

Guest kamasi36
+1

Paul has no obligation to anyone of you; its not like you're all obligated to him. Go back to stock or move on to other roms n devs if you don't have anything good to say. There's plenty of other options n potential if you're all so upset.

Moving on to new topic. Evil just updated his Sense to 2.09 version checking it out now. Good to know somebody is working on it.

Guest MidnightSlide

Whereas Paul has no direct obligation to any one of us, we do (collectively) pay him a considerable amount of money in donations, and ask for very little in return. Now, I know that you may feel that a quick "Hello guys, working on the other rom and should have some more news in the near future" is WAY too much to ask of poor Paul, I certainly do not. I am not asking him to rush anything, and if you read the posts carefully, you will see that nobody else is either. We are not attacking his character, or calling him lazy by any means, we are merely stating that a status update would be nice. And even more so, considering the fact that other rom developers are only accepting donations through a link in their signatures, not requiring them to be able to download their roms.. and these guys are pumping some GREAT roms out, while being EXTREMELY responsive. I know that a plethora of the Paul "groupies" are going to batter this post with "Go download their roms then.." type comments, and to cut you off before you even begin, I already have. I download new roms from new (and seasoned) devs all the time. I have also downloaded a few of Paul's. Enough to know that Paul does some great work, and I am anxiously awaiting to see what he has in store for us in the near future. That is, of course, if he still intends to complete the rom.

What this all boils down to: Is it really so hard to make a 20-30 character post to update your fans/contributors? The simple answer, nope.

Guest joshlusignan

I do agree Midnight...it was just mainly the comment about Paul having no love for anyone outside the UK that was uncalled for, I think.

Guest prgopala
Whereas Paul has no direct obligation to any one of us, we do (collectively) pay him a considerable amount of money in donations, and ask for very little in return. Now, I know that you may feel that a quick "Hello guys, working on the other rom and should have some more news in the near future" is WAY too much to ask of poor Paul, I certainly do not. I am not asking him to rush anything, and if you read the posts carefully, you will see that nobody else is either. We are not attacking his character, or calling him lazy by any means, we are merely stating that a status update would be nice. And even more so, considering the fact that other rom developers are only accepting donations through a link in their signatures, not requiring them to be able to download their roms.. and these guys are pumping some GREAT roms out, while being EXTREMELY responsive. I know that a plethora of the Paul "groupies" are going to batter this post with "Go download their roms then.." type comments, and to cut you off before you even begin, I already have. I download new roms from new (and seasoned) devs all the time. I have also downloaded a few of Paul's. Enough to know that Paul does some great work, and I am anxiously awaiting to see what he has in store for us in the near future. That is, of course, if he still intends to complete the rom.

What this all boils down to: Is it really so hard to make a 20-30 character post to update your fans/contributors? The simple answer, nope.

+100

Guest negreenfield

I do think it's fair to ask for an update. I see lots of posts in the HTC Desire forum from Paul so I know he's working on that which gives me hope on this ROM but haven't really seen any info about it.

Guest udar_molota

+1

Guest yongwkkk

look... paul is already working on his R8 for desire...

We the Nexus 1 aka google phone... is not getting even a single port of r7 OR even a "Hello" from him...

guess this thread is really losing it's support... i'm starting to get disappointed...

Guest prgopala

We the Nexus 1 aka google phone... is not getting even a single port of r7 OR even a "Hello" from him...

guess this thread is really losing it's support... i'm starting to get disappointed...

+1000

I got alot of problem using this r23 wip. My N1 will automatically sync every 1 0r 2 hours and it seem the sync will be forever. I have to disable the internet connection and manually off sync to stop it :) my contact cant link/sync with my facebook account. No picture at all :D Trackball wake not working, even i include it in my kitchen :D I purposely buy adfree to baked my own rom, because i love desire in N1. but :P Paul..please hear our tiny voice... :P

We could find a little info in his twitter before about his work on Roms but even there he's not talking about any rom anymore :)

lol this thread is like Groundhog Day.

:D

Guest verbotenfugu

I do understand that Paul owes us nothing. But what really frustrates me is that he has not even posted in this thread in a very long time yet just today he is posting in his desire r8 thread. All I want is either a 'hey, hang in there, updates are on the way' or 'hey, this project is halted, move on'

Please Paul, just an update to your supporters is all we are asking.

Guest sergioalvarezmac

It seems that Paul has a new toy called HTC Desire. When he publish the r23 he says that he was merging the two kitchens (Desire and Nexus) to make the two ROMS at the same time. But I think that simply is not true.

In the other side, EvilD has a new Froyo Desire port for the Nexus based on the same stuff than Desire r8, so I think to change to the EvilD ROM.