MCR r23 Development Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest udar_molota
Hi guys,

With the permission of Paul I have put together a version of his r23 alpha release which has Native N1 Trackball notification functionality plus Trackball Alert support (with the app pre-installed)

Download [here]

~

No option to close alarm clock when it's ringing.

Guest Constantine XVI

I'm wondering, is there any particular reason one couldn't trigger the HTC desk clock instead of the AOSP clock when docking, for consistency's sake?

Guest cyraxeon

@paul and other devs... is there a way that advanced launcher could be added into the sense ui? i miss that from the older non-sense builds... its so much easier to uninstall and organize your apps. it seems like the ui is already there... just needs to have the hooks built in? then again i could be blabbing out of my ass because i have no idea how this java stuff works :huh:

Guest ChrisSpera
I'm wondering, is there any particular reason one couldn't trigger the HTC desk clock instead of the AOSP clock when docking, for consistency's sake?

I'd like to add the same for Car Home when using the Car Dock (I have 2, one for each car we own). I like it much better than the current car dock app this great ROM uses.

@paul and other devs... is there a way that advanced launcher could be added into the sense ui? i miss that from the older non-sense builds... its so much easier to uninstall and organize your apps. it seems like the ui is already there... just needs to have the hooks built in? then again i could be blabbing out of my ass because i have no idea how this java stuff works :huh:

Having a choice of launchers could be cool; but then again, the Desire was a SenseUI device, and isn't that what this ROM is really all about?? (Although, it might be nice to be able to get rid of the Sense e-Mail app... I can't stand that and much prefer the stock app for both Exchange mail and GMail.)

Paul,

Is it possible to get kitchen options to allow us to bake in these kinds of things?

Guest cyraxeon
Having a choice of launchers could be cool; but then again, the Desire was a SenseUI device, and isn't that what this ROM is really all about??

the advanced launcher from my usage... allowed me to add folders to the app drawer (ie games, work, etc) and move the apps into them.

also it allowed you to uninstall an app simply by long pressing from the drawer like you were putting it on the "desktop" and when the remove panel popped up at the bottom, if you dropped it on there is asked if you wanted to cancel or uninstall. i loved that uninstall feature because its so much faster than loading a list of every app on the phone.

Guest ChrisSpera
the advanced launcher from my usage... allowed me to add folders to the app drawer (ie games, work, etc) and move the apps into them.

also it allowed you to uninstall an app simply by long pressing from the drawer like you were putting it on the "desktop" and when the remove panel popped up at the bottom, if you dropped it on there is asked if you wanted to cancel or uninstall. i loved that uninstall feature because its so much faster than loading a list of every app on the phone.

that *IS* a cool feature. thanks for the clarification! I appreciate it!

Guest cyraxeon

i guess i meant the functionality of it... not actually the launcher itself

Guest cdubb9800

really wanted to try this rom out but didnt have the funds to donate now i do but after a month of no updates ill pass ended up selling my N1 hopefully he can make a nice rom for the samsung vibrant

Guest Sylar2010

Evil D: has somehow modded the lockscreen as well the clock and statusbar, I wonder how he did so we can do our own themes...

I just want the clock transparent (the frame not the numbers) and transparent bars (status,lockscreen,lower screen) because actual HTC Sense is hiding 50% of the wallpaper

Guest kamasi36
Evil D: has somehow modded the lockscreen as well the clock and statusbar, I wonder how he did so we can do our own themes...

I just want the clock transparent (the frame not the numbers) and transparent bars (status,lockscreen,lower screen) because actual HTC Sense is hiding 50% of the wallpaper

There's really not much else to do on Evil's latest version. Everything is working pretty good. Hotspots, wireless tether for root, wired tether for root, 720p, 5mp, BT, TA, FM radio, plenty of internal space thanks to DT. I haven't had the Wifi issues disconnecting like some. Overall 1.06 is definitely worthy of an everyday Rom and almost perfect desire port. I don't know how he managed to make so much progress so quickly, but I'm happy he took on the project. As of right now 1.06 is my everyday Rom. Once he fixed hotspots there was no need to go back to Enom's. All we need from this Dev is to polish it up then we are all set.

Guest tim.embedded
There's really not much else to do on Evil's latest version. Everything is working pretty good. Hotspots, wireless tether for root, wired tether for root, 720p, 5mp, BT, TA, FM radio, plenty of internal space thanks to DT. I haven't had the Wifi issues disconnecting like some. Overall 1.06 is definitely worthy of an everyday Rom and almost perfect desire port. I don't know how he managed to make so much progress so quickly, but I'm happy he took on the project. As of right now 1.06 is my everyday Rom. Once he fixed hotspots there was no need to go back to Enom's. All we need from this Dev is to polish it up then we are all set.

Same here. I switch to Evil's 1.06t as my daily ROM.. it gives all I want

Guest prgopala
Same here. I switch to Evil's 1.06t as my daily ROM.. it gives all I want

Yup... same here... but i guess paul will make it even better... lets wait and watch...

Guest prgopala
If Evil D add the 100% working BT from KingxcwL his Rom will be perfect, and why not a Sense compatible ADW launcher to mod lot of things

BT on Evil's Rom is 100% working... i believe kingxklick just works on what already other devs have sorted out and just releases his own version...Evil sorted out BT and lo kingxklick releases the same thing the next day...

Guest prgopala
Are you sure? I was using the Evil's Rom last week and BT was as buggy as with r21, now I didn't try yet the 26 Aug version...

yes..it was buggy sometime back in last week.. but since 1.04 version it is as gud as on stock froyo...

I have personally tested A2DP, File transfer and it works without any glitch... no need to even toggle discoverable mode as we wr doing till now...

And better still he has 2 version of the roms.. one with the theme.. the other one with stock sense... i like tat... coz i love the stock sense of desire...

Edited by prgopala

Guest kamasi36
BT on Evil's Rom is 100% working... i believe kingxklick just works on what already other devs have sorted out and just releases his own version...Evil sorted out BT and lo kingxklick releases the same thing the next day...

Yes I can confirm. BT is One Hundred. The whole Rom is Damn near One Hundred!! What's wrong with it? Let me see, there are 2 versions, maybe there is something wrong with themed? I'm on Stock...could it be faster? Possibly, but it moves along nicely. Someone said Friend Stream doesn't allow post from the widget for Facebook, I found that wasn't my experience; mine posted just fine. Someone said WIFI was a problem, i haven't had that problem either. I love the feature in internet browser that lets you search a word in dictionary or wikipedia and even will translate, also copying text, nice. Multi touch in HTC email, a must have for me and working flawlessly. The multi touch in browser is better than vanilla. Oh I know what's wrong with this Rom, when browsing the internet only 4 windows are allowed to be open, vanilla allows eight. Other than that, I'm stumped and hard pressed to find fault with Evil's amazing work. The 4 windows is HTC and I'm not sure he can magically fix that like he has everything else.

Much of the magic is due to IR's kernel of course. Without his magic we all would still be having issues with broken stuff.

Edited by kamasi36

Let me see, there are 2 versions, maybe there is something wrong with themed? I'm on Stock...

I can only find the themed version of Evil's rom, where do you get the stock one?