MCR r23 Development Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest prgopala
Found it, thanks.

but i still believe paul will get a better version than evil... Does anyone have a HTC desire to compare with when he launches his r24 :huh:

Guest WebghostDK
but i still believe paul will get a better version than evil... Does anyone have a HTC desire to compare with when he launches his r24 :huh:

i still believe that wont happend...

as far as i know, Paul is developing this rom for the desire, not the nexus, however he ports it to the nexus when its done on the desire.

stuff might not work etc etc ;)

Evil D ftw!

Guest tim.embedded

Both Paul and Evil are good developers. But, Evil is now more focusing on the Desire ROM porting. He manages to modify both Kernel and Desire firmware at the same time. That means he may have better understanding on the whole Desire ROM infrastructure and would be able to come out with the solution in faster way.. juz 2 cents.

I think it's a good thing Paul has waited... Just now, thanks to a Chinese Desire Nexus port, Evil got his own ROM to have USB mounting working perfectly as it should be (no need for an automount app or widget of any sorts).

If Paul can get that in the future ROMs here... wooooooo!

Guest desull
If Paul can get that in the future ROMs here... wooooooo!

but who knows if we should hold our breaths on that one :huh:

Evil's rom is great but kinda glitchy and I still cant get MMS working, I had the same issue on r23 tho.

Guest joni1337

Hi Paul, thank you very much, i love this ROM, only issue is that my Battery lifetime is dropped dramatically, it lasts roughly half a day if i let it be idle and dont use it at all it lasts me 1 day. This is not normal i think i always had issues with it but with the previous custom roms i had i had to load it every 1-3 days depending on usage of course.

Has anybody got the same issue with this release? or would you have any recomendations on how to overcome this bottleneck??

Much appreciated.

Joni

Evil's is getting better and better each day but it has a MAJOR flaw: radical battery drain and heat!

Also we can't use metamorphs with it

There is a post at XDA about how to get metamorphs to work.

For me, the battery life is about the same as r23, so Im now using Evils as my daily until Paul updates

Just a note before the complaints start trickling in -- since yesterday, HTC Peep has stopped being able to authenticate to Twitter, and this is probably HTC's fault:

http://androinica.com/2010/08/31/htc-peepf...cause-of-oauth/

And since HTC hasn't upgraded Peep yet, all HTC Sense phones (winmo+android) can't use Peep to access Twitter, at the moment... So don't be surprised if you have trouble with Peep.

Hopefully HTC will release an update soon.. either that, or it will turn out it was some other mistake and Peep will magically start working.

sns

Guest ChrisSpera
I am trying to support multiple devices for lots of different people, that's the difference...

P

And I'm certain everyone thanks you for all of your hard work. I know I do.

Guest negreenfield

Paul, I apologize if this has been covered but is there any way in the future to get Bluetooth audio working such that audio out can work when connected to the Desk Dock?

Guest Constantine XVI
I have a desk dock actually, so i'll look into that for the next build.

P

This falls into the "would be nice" category, but is there a technical reason you have to use the AOSP desk clock with the dock instead of the HTC clock?

Guest ChrisSpera

P

I'm looking for the same kind of support for the Car Dock as well... There's a microphone in the Car Dock and a speaker so it can be used as a speaker phone. I wonder if they use the same process for that..?

Guest negreenfield

P

Thanks, I actually use the desk dock in the car (surprisingly it doesn't slide out often) because of the audio out. Still dont' understand why the car dock doesn't have it. Very odd choice by htc/google.

Hi Paul,

First thanks for your great amazing work in this port.

Hi people,

I wanna know WHERE I can find themes for this wonderfull ROM r23 or one at last ... lol

Thanks in advance. :huh:

Edited by gomesc

Guest bulldog82
Just repacking FRG33, we should be able to pull some of the FRG33 stuff into the Desire ROM.

P

This is good news. Thanks for the update

Your roms are my favourite and my paid contribution I consider worth every cent. For those who keep on whining, you need to understand Paul is working at same time on many other gadgets. In between I also test Evil and KingKx ( for Sense ) and Enom ( non Sense ) but I still find Paul's to be more reliable. Credits too to other rom cooks who had develop roms with latest features and is up to each individual o decide which rom is more suitable

I can understand Paul's problems and difficulties attending to each and every request , with so many gadgets he need to work on

Guest MikeDaGeek

Just posting to say THANK YOU PAUL ... I can be patient and await when you have a chance to work on this ... I like your work and I find a great bit of value in the desire rom. I'm sure I'm not alone ion patiently (quietly!) waiting ...

Hi Paul,

First thanks for your great amazing work in this port.

Hi people,

I wanna know WHERE I can find themes for this wonderfull ROM r23 or one at last ... lol

Thanks in advance. :P

ANYONE CAN SIMPLY ANSWER ME PLEASE ??????????????????????????????????????????