MCR r23 Development Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rugmankc

Paul, Thank You for all Your Work. We'll get it when we get it.

A question that is off topic, but noting else to do at the moment. I have a poster on another N1 Forum, who messed up with flashing frg33 on a rooted N1. He now says he has a nonrooted N1 with frg33, but can't use any of his root required apps. Not sure how he did that???

Is there a Quickroot for frg33 in the works? He used the One Click Root. So, bootloader is still unlocked.

Paul or Anyone?

Would like tyo get him on the Modaco Roms.

Thanks

Guest kamasi36
Paul, Thank You for all Your Work. We'll get it when we get it.

A question that is off topic, but noting else to do at the moment. I have a poster on another N1 Forum, who messed up with flashing frg33 on a rooted N1. He now says he has a nonrooted N1 with frg33, but can't use any of his root required apps. Not sure how he did that???

Is there a Quickroot for frg33 in the works? He used the One Click Root. So, bootloader is still unlocked.

Paul or Anyone?

Would like tyo get him on the Modaco Roms.

Thanks

This is pertaining to Evil's 1.11S. I've found it to be a perfect port. At least that is my experience. Everything works, everything. Also OC 1152 stable. Make sure you wipe everything and reinstall all your apps manually. Run a2sd cachesd in terminal to free up memory. A2sd is auto with ext 2 or 3. Really, for me it's a rap. There isn't anything more to be done. A perfect port. If you haven't tried it then cruise on over to xda and check it out. This Rom, not thread should be dismissed as obsolete. If you are still using this Rom you are missing out on everything that works.720P, FM Radio, BT, HOTSPOTS, plenty of memory and swype works on this build just fine. Also usb mount native works flawlessly so does FM radio. This Rom should definitely be dismissed as out dated and referred to more updated versions. That is my take on it. Not whining, just stating the facts. The purpose of this Rom according to the dev was show FM radio working. There is by far better more competent versions of FM radio working perfectly that include 720p, and perfect BT.

Guest negreenfield
This is pertaining to Evil's 1.11S. I've found it to be a perfect port. At least that is my experience. Everything works, everything. Also OC 1152 stable. Make sure you wipe everything and reinstall all your apps manually. Run a2sd cachesd in terminal to free up memory. A2sd is auto with ext 2 or 3. Really, for me it's a rap. There isn't anything more to be done. A perfect port. If you haven't tried it then cruise on over to xda and check it out. This Rom, not thread should be dismissed as obsolete. If you are still using this Rom you are missing out on everything that works.720P, FM Radio, BT, HOTSPOTS, plenty of memory and swype works on this build just fine. Also usb mount native works flawlessly so does FM radio. This Rom should definitely be dismissed as out dated and referred to more updated versions. That is my take on it. Not whining, just stating the facts. The purpose of this Rom according to the dev was show FM radio working. There is by far better more competent versions of FM radio working perfectly that include 720p, and perfect BT.

The one thing it's missing, and so are all the desire roms so far, is bluetooth audio. I'm waiting for that functionality before I jump back to a desire rom.

Guest negreenfield
ANYONE CAN SIMPLY ANSWER ME PLEASE ??????????????????????????????????????????

On xda in the themes section a guy named something like cubansmo, had some themes for 22.1 but I don't think he ever did 23.

Guest effenjee
The one thing it's missing, and so are all the desire roms so far, is bluetooth audio. I'm waiting for that functionality before I jump back to a desire rom.

Not sure what exactly you're looking for, but that particular rom works great with my Acura BT audio.

Guest tim.embedded
Not sure what exactly you're looking for, but that particular rom works great with my Acura BT audio.

Yes, I am using Evil's ROM 1.10.1t with his latest kernel, everything works perfectly. That includes Bluetooth, FM radio, 720p. Really amazing. No harm trying.

Guest negreenfield

It won't connect to the desk dock to stream music via the audio port for example.

Guest kamasi36

Yeah that had been fixed in the last couple of updates. Evil has as he said done everything (accomplished) including the kitchen sink. There is no comparison to his Desire Rom and this one; no comparison at all.

Guest kamasi36
It won't connect to the desk dock to stream music via the audio port for example.

I think he released a kernel that fixed that. And if that is all you can point out that doesn't work, it may be that is the only thing that is unable to be fixed,. Everything else is perfect at least for me and I have no idea what that is you are talking about. Something to do with your car I assume.

Guest negreenfield
I think he released a kernel that fixed that. And if that is all you can point out that doesn't work, it may be that is the only thing that is unable to be fixed,. Everything else is perfect at least for me and I have no idea what that is you are talking about. Something to do with your car I assume.

I'm talking about a2dp, bluetooth audio streaming. It's a very important feature to me that might not be important to others but I can confirm evils rom does not connect bluetooth to the desk dock. it simply might not be possible with the desire ports which is why I asked paul to look into it as well.

Guest kamasi36
I'm talking about a2dp, bluetooth audio streaming. It's a very important feature to me that might not be important to others but I can confirm evils rom does not connect bluetooth to the desk dock. it simply might not be possible with the desire ports which is why I asked paul to look into it as well.

Well I have the MOTO S9 HD headset and I am able to listen to media just fine through them as well as call and receive calls. That's all I use it for or would ever use BT for. All I've heard is people wanting the fix to work with there cars. And Evil fixed that.

Cleaned out the thread, please keep posts related to the ROM or i'll be forced to temporarily lock the thread.

If you have any questions / issues / problems that aren't related to the ROM itself, please PM or email me.

This ROM is on my 'to do' list, but I don't have a timescale for updates at the moment. I will also be opening the kitchen up to other devs.

P

I responded to all of the posts (and had replies from those concerned) and also invited anyone with any issues to contact me directly. I think that's pretty reasonable.

yankyjz, PM me if you want to discuss further.

P

OK, update.

I'm building r24 right now (alongside a Desire update, Streak update and 2 Galaxy S updates), it will be online next week.

I'm also working with a new startup that is in stealth mode, i'm doing mobile consultancy for a couple of big companies, i'm trying to raise £10,000 for Childhood Leukaemia, i'm trying to have a normal family life and to do the best for my 6 year old daughter, i'm working on some root exploits and recovery image builds for devices that aren't fully 'hackable' yet, i'm updating the MoDaCo website to a major new release, i'm working on a new build of the kitchen and a build which is available to all ROM developers, i'm working with my sources at HTC to get info and releases for the new Desire HD and Desire Z before they drop (and looking into root for these devices)...

You get the idea right? :P

P

Guest kamasi36
Please keep posts on topic or contact me via PM.

P

Hey. food for thought, all of us NFL fans would like to see a port that works with the app. Evil's doesn't work properly (that's my guy) and King's does for MobiTV as well as the NFL apk. Maybe you can have a look at king's port an investigate this why his works and Evil's doesn't. That is the only reason I am using his port now against Evil's and the only reason I used Evil's was because this rom never got updated. Anyway, work your magic if you can. I tried to upload apks to both but said not allowed.

Guest techlogik
When you say the NFL app doesn't work, what doesn't work exactly?

P

I think most agree that the nfl app works fine on Evil's rom. I'm using it right now with Evil's 1.14.1 on wifi.

Edited by techlogik

Guest kamasi36
When you say the NFL app doesn't work, what doesn't work exactly?

P

Well, on Evil's Rom while watching the live stream it shows a yellow play button icon in the center of the video. Same with live stream on MobiTV. On King's Rom it works flawlessly.

(no yellow icon in the center). In addition, King's rom plays the live streams on both NFL and MobiTV on wifi or 3G. Flawlessly. So, I don't know what he is doing but, somebody kang him please. LOL. The apps work fine on Enom's Vanilla rom flawlessly as well, but only King's Desire rom plays the apps flawlessly, Evil's rom does not play either app properly and I don't know tech posted that it does. It's a known issue, by the way I was using 1.14.1 as well.post-733373-1284319156_thumb.png

post-733373-1284319180_thumb.png

post-733373-1284319198_thumb.png

Guest kamasi36
I think most agree that the nfl app works fine on Evil's rom. I'm using it right now with Evil's 1.14.1 on wifi.

I think that "most agree" is rather opinionated, as there were at least 3 people that openly complained it was annoying. Obviously there is a problem with the port, flaw, that is making it work improperly. I love Evil's work, but King has a huge advantage with this for us who are die hard NFL fans.

OK, update.

I'm building r24 right now (alongside a Desire update, Streak update and 2 Galaxy S updates), it will be online next week.

Will The new HTC Sense widgets like Fortune Cookie and Battery work or be included in R24?

OK, cool, well when the r24 kitchen goes up let's see if we can get it working. :P

P

Paul! Its great to see you come back :)

Am awaiting this release with baited breath. Have been running Evil's, and its fantastic. But i love the stability of these roms. Im heading away to sea (work on a ship) at the end of this week, and will have no internet access for 6 months! Really hope to be able to flash this before I head away to make the most of the FM radio when sailing around the cape :(

Oh, and the good news about being in my half of the world.. Its 'next week', right now!

Im going to be F5'ing this thread like no tomorrow!

Love your work