MCR r23 Development Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest DavideBeatrice
Hi Paul!!!

first of all thanks! this new rom is what I was waiting for!!!

But...I installed htc ime mod cause i really dont like the android kayboard, but it's not working.its say an error processojonals.ime. someone can help please?

I also have an error with mcr script: statrting marketspeedup.sh its say error opn processcom.google.ase.

btw! great rom!

thank you!!!

p.s. fm radio works like a charme!

I solved the keyboard issue with the post above...

can you connect your phone to pc? Ive only the usb debugging feature also installing usb mount (it give me an error)

Edited by DavideBeatrice

Guest mcflurry198010

Dear Paul,

why i always can't bake the rom? i choose my need then click the bake , but IE give me back a cauction " cannot display the webpage", why?

Guest duderuud
Dear Paul,

why i always can't bake the rom? i choose my need then click the bake , but IE give me back a cauction " cannot display the webpage", why?

Did you try to bake with firefox or another browser?

Looks promising! Along side with all the other problems mentioned (I know this is still work in progress), the Internet browser on Froyo, and Froyo alone, is so damn twitchy. Especially on websites with Flash content. Sucks! Anyone else notice this???????????? Even Paul's Alpha builds has a smoother Internet experience. I hope Gingerbread has a fix for that. Anyhow, thanks again for all that you do Mr. Paul!

Guest Davidfish

Great ! Paul

You are the man. I almost give up to nexus.

But to me, FM is not as attractive as bluetooth. Why is the bluetooth so difficult to port?

everything works fine as expected till now............i have this radio 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04, the problem is that after i restarting the phone...i am not able to get the network......i have changed to old froyo radio but still i am getting the network issue :angry:

Try downgrading the radio some more. Im using 32.24.00.22U_4.03.00.21_2, and all was working for me. I don't know for sure if radio is the problem for network issue. Could be APN settings, etc, etc.???????

Guest acantril

Exchange 2003 doesnt work for me - shows processing for ages and then 'sorry cant create account - try again later'. This is with exchange 2003 and SSL switched on.

- FM radio locks on one station and I can't change it after that

- haven't tested bluetooth

- smooth as hell, good battery life

- imported my sms flawlessly from my Wavesecure backup

- uses superuser 2.2.2 which is known to be slow and takes a long time to give root access :angry: cyanogen 6-RC1 has the same issue, apparently downgrading to superuser 2.1 fixes this, so I'll try

- my softkeys actually light up!

- trackball doesn't light up for notifications?????

- no lockups, freezes, graphic glitches, anything else, yet. lovin it!

Guest woSaa
everything works fine as expected till now............i have this radio 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04, the problem is that after i restarting the phone...i am not able to get the network......i have changed to old froyo radio but still i am getting the network issue :angry:

I have same problem with 2.24.00.22U_4.03.00.21_2 and 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.0 no network connection.... im using German T-Mobile.

can sombody help me?

Edited by woSaa

Guest koh4711

Even though this us suppose to be like a test Tom I think its the best ever. Everything is almost perfect. Blazing fast, data network is even faster. Only thing is just can't reboot or it'll freeze.

Guest stepinmyworld

I am now sitting next to my Samsung Vibrant for t-mobile.. i was going to replace my rooted nexus one but the software and reception lost when holding the phone is so annoying and the battery dies quickly. I'm going back to my nexus after a day with the vibrant.

THANKS SO MUCH PAUL FOR GENERATING ANOTHER ROM FOR THE NEXUS :angry:

will flash when I get home. (the vibrant is really annoying me)

Guest siimo

Been using all day and the rom seems very stable, nice and fast also :angry:

Thanks Paul, hoping trackball notifications and wake on future version are planned :D

Guest stepinmyworld
Been using all day and the rom seems very stable, nice and fast also :angry:

Thanks Paul, hoping trackball notifications and wake on future version are planned :D

they are Paul's signature additions ;)

Guest negreenfield

I can't seem to get quickoffice baked in.

But overall everything is running great. Very happy with the ROM so far. I think all the issues have been listed already that I've seen.

BTW, I've noticed all this work on FM radio, and while it's a nice feature, I thought the Nexus One also has an FM transmitter? To me that's a more important feature for use in the car as an MP3 player. Has no one ever looked into this support? Too difficult? Not enough info? Or maybe it doesn't exist?

Guest Scott Ricketts

Thus far, that's the only complaint I have. I got used to track ball wake from the last Froyo ROM. This is stunningly smooth.

One thing I noticed is unlike stock Froyo it didn't download all my apps in the background. Odd.

I did have to purchase USB Mount, surprised it wasn't included.

Guest Brian L

Just to point out some problems i have noticed, maybe to help:

- speakerphone not working correctly

- randomly loosing service

- freezes occasionally

a few other i can't remember, but other then that great work! ROM runs smooth, and I'm using it as a daily rom.

Guest PeRKoniX
It was a rough install until I did a full wipe. Things were good after that. I must say, if the bluetooth issues get worked out, I will never take this ROM off my phone. It is so sweet and smooth and beautiful! Highly recommended!

Thats my thought! This rom feels really smooth but since I use BT regularly now it's rendered pretty much useless. Such a shame for a nice rom like this. I know it is a real pain to fix so no blame on that but I hope it will get solved :angry:

Guest chazman1117

Some quirks:

Car dock not working - I assume its due to the bluetooth issue.

Music using the Sense interface stops on incoming calls/notifications and does not automatically resume

I have to switch back to my previous rom :-( until this is more stable.

Other than that, this is the nicest ROM I have seen so far...

Thanks Paul!

Guest sergioalvarezmac

Hello everybody!. I just paid for an Adfree account and I`m cooking my own r23.

Thanks Paul for your great work!. I`m waiting patiently for the final version, that

will be awesome for sure.

Greetings from Spain!

Guest jay_s_uk

I've been using the built in froyo A2SD for my apps to make sure I have enough space.

But using the pm setInstallLocation 2 hack fails on every application install.

This rom also doesn't load all the apps that I already have on my SD card when running that hack.

Any idea's? Or am I back to an ext partition?

Guest Flandro

This ROM is great. It is the ROM I have most anticipated. Thank you.

I have not experienced any freezes or reboots. Just the known issues.

My FM radio will start and scan all the stations. When I lock into a station, I can hear it just fine. But then I can't move to any other stations. It locks onto that station permanently. Then when I try to power off the radio it just hangs.

Oh, and battery life on this ROM is horrendous at the moment. (am I alone on this one? What kernel is everyone using?)I am sure that will change as the 2.1 Desire ROM on the Nexus has awesome battery life.

As far as BT goes, I don't use it.

Thanks Paul. Keep up the good work. I look forward to an Alpha or a Beta version soon.

Guest koh4711
This ROM is great. It is the ROM I have most anticipated. Thank you.

I have not experienced any freezes or reboots. Just the known issues.

My FM radio will start and scan all the stations. When I lock into a station, I can hear it just fine. But then I can't move to any other stations. It locks onto that station permanently. Then when I try to power off the radio it just hangs.

Oh, and battery life on this ROM is horrendous at the moment. (am I alone on this one? What kernel is everyone using?)I am sure that will change as the 2.1 Desire ROM on the Nexus has awesome battery life.

As far as BT goes, I don't use it.

Thanks Paul. Keep up the good work. I look forward to an Alpha or a Beta version soon.

battery life for me is pretty good i been using it all day with data, checking facebook , stocks web surfing and since 11-7-30 im at about 50 percent with other roms i would be almost dead by now.