MCR r23 Development Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bedwa

Man, have I missed my sense.... I am contemplating swapping back to my senseless froyo (pun intended) since wifi isn't working for me and I use it to tether to my iphone I'm using as an iPod... (there's a few games I play on it that I can't play on my n1. Sorry guys :angry: )

Guest NeoAndroid

wow, I'm currently running KingXKlick Desire ROM v1.1. How is this compared to Paul's R23 ROM? King's is based on Android 2.1. I was excited to try this new ROM but realized you need to be a member. Is there someone nice enough to bake one for me? (if it's allowed) King's FroyoSense that's free has graphical glitches :angry:

Guest hbhaskar

WIFI tethering is broken (when selecting to turn on tethering, see a string "error" show up) and strangely GPS lock takes a while longer than it use to before flashing the latest ROM...

Guest roid_x

1.language no Chinese?

2.how to connect to pc? usb connection type select “disk drive”,but can't use the disk. Usb mount give me an error.

3.hope Trackball Wake coming soon.

Guest phiednate

Thanks Paul. Works great!

I am using the 5.08.00.04 and have had no problems yet. Signal and data connection remains strong.

Guest Scott Ricketts

After a day of using this, I'm highly impressed and this has been well worth waiting for. I'm addicted to Track Ball unlock, but I'm learning to deal with it. The lack of a video camera is a bummer but I know that will get ironed out in a few releases.

Given Paul's release schedule when the first Desire ROM leaked I can imagine that most issues will be gone inside the next month.

Yup, however awesome Froyo is, this is even better. I like the additional touches HTC has added, and I'm thinking maybe I should just get a Desire lol

Guest phiednate

Anyone else having issues with mounting the SD card? When I plug into the computer I dont get any prompts or anything? I am assuming this just one of those things with the desire rom to be ironed out since it was there with the 2.1 rom.

Anyone else having issues with mounting the SD card? When I plug into the computer I dont get any prompts or anything? I am assuming this just one of those things with the desire rom to be ironed out since it was there with the 2.1 rom.

yes, everyone is having trouble with this, as evidenced with this issue mentioned on each page of this still-short thread :angry: The older Desire ROMs had the Mount USB app, which isn't present here (and not confirmed as working). This is a work-in-progress so to be expected, I guess...

Guest phiednate
yes, everyone is having trouble with this, as evidenced with this issue mentioned on each page of this still-short thread :angry: The older Desire ROMs had the Mount USB app, which isn't present here (and not confirmed as working). This is a work-in-progress so to be expected, I guess...

That's what I figured. Guess in my half awake first read of the post I missed those comments. Anyone found a USB mount app that works? Tried a few of the market with no luck so far.

Guest koh4711
That's what I figured. Guess in my half awake first read of the post I missed those comments. Anyone found a USB mount app that works? Tried a few of the market with no luck so far.

I can get it to mount with the extended control widget. The one that's like the power widget. I purchased it however and use it daily, worth the purchase

Guest koh4711

I can get it to mount with the extended control widget. The one that's like the power widget. I purchased it however and use it daily, worth the purchase

Guest emnemz

thanks paul for your great work

ive been following the desire port ever since alpha 7 i believe when i first got my nexus 1. i tend to switch phones cuz i dont like my current one but your work will make my nexus 1 a phone to keep for 5 years or so

ive finally joined the adfree because i noticed that a free download wasnt available. but i must ay paying up 9 bucks really is worth it since i can bake my own rom and not include apps that i dont need

I may be wrong, but from what I remember of the Desire ROM N1 Port thread, it's a kernel thing. So we're once again waiting for the kernel to have the proper hooks for the HTC functions to work properly.

Guest jay_s_uk
I may be wrong, but from what I remember of the Desire ROM N1 Port thread, it's a kernel thing. So we're once again waiting for the kernel to have the proper hooks for the HTC functions to work properly.

Auto Mount on the market works perfectly

Guest mdunn1066

Yeah full wipe and what not still not getting the HTC_IME, I tried installing an APK and it force closed a buncha times, interesting. Using smart keyboard for now till.

The only real problem I ran into was... Im not sure if this is just how it works or what but when hitting the send button on text messages it will close the keyboard down then it lets you press the message send button.

Also, i may have missed it im not sure if you said it but are you planning to include trackball wake and trackball color alerts? The trackball alert app doesnt work here

Regardless thanks for this, im using it as my main right now :angry:

Edited by mdunn1066

Guest xboxfan2010

Hi Paul. How are you?

Can you make pre bakes for we can appreciate your amazing work, pleaseeeeee :angry:

Regards from Portugal

When are u gonna relase 2.0.6 ?

Guest Aspergillus

Dear m8's,

Here is my report..

Im using Radio:

32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2

I flashed the latest IntersecRaven Kernel over it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?nu2ijzk5d2ym2yz

From here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=723373

So far it seems to be working better than 22.1.

- FM is working almost perfect.. (Well Reception is not very good) But I can Scan Frequencies and listen to all I want.. No problem. Still some stragne behaviour an crashes sometimes.!

- WiFi is more Stable than with 22.1 where I lost connectien every once a while.

- Switching between Wifi and G/3G/H is better and woirking well.

- Everything is faster

- Shutdown is faster in 22.1 sometimes did not shut down at all

Great!

Regards

Aspi

Edited by Aspergillus

Guest woSaa
Dear m8's,

Here is my report..

Im using Radio:

32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2

I flashed the latest IntersecRaven Kernel over it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?nu2ijzk5d2ym2yz

From here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=723373

So far it seems to be working better than 22.1.

- FM is working almost perfect.. (Well Reception is not very good) But I can Scan Frequencies and listen to all I want.. No problem. Still some stragne behaviour an crashes sometimes.!

- WiFi is more Stable than with 22.1 where I lost connectien every once a while.

- Switching between Wifi and G/3G/H is better and woirking well.

- Everything is faster

- Shutdown is faster in 22.1 sometimes did not shut down at all

Great!

Regards

Aspi

Thanks for information, i will test it :-)

Guest Scott Ricketts

Has anyone else had problems linking their Me contact to their gmail address and Facebook profile? In the messaging app I just get a generic icon for me rather than my Facebook pic.

Guest Flandro
battery life for me is pretty good i been using it all day with data, checking facebook , stocks web surfing and since 11-7-30 im at about 50 percent with other roms i would be almost dead by now.

Which kernel are you using? I'm not even doing much and my battery drains in 4 hours.