MCR r23 Development Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest J.S Butran
Thanks Paul.

Appreciate your work, wait until a full working rom, and maybe a stock froyo version with fm :angry: .

btw we Need your help to port Fm apps to stock froyo.

Are you going to include the new radio 5.08.00.04 to the kitchen too ?

F.

Once again Awesome Paul and thanks. I already have the new radio 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04 installed. Do I need to revert to the radio as provided in the Kitchen or it will be fine with the new radio.

Guest prgopala
Once again Awesome Paul and thanks. I already have the new radio 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04 installed. Do I need to revert to the radio as provided in the Kitchen or it will be fine with the new radio.

i have the same radio.... and it works absolutely fine:)

BTW thanks paul for this awesome rom...i paid for the ad free account just for this rom :angry:

Guest TariqGibran
i have the same radio.... and it works absolutely fine:)

BTW thanks paul for this awesome rom...i paid for the ad free account just for this rom :angry:

Does WiFi Hotspot / WiFi tethering work for you? I'm using this radio also and get an error when I try to use WiFi Hotpot. Curious if this is a Kernel or just a Rom issue as the same radio works fine with hotspot and other roms.

Guest toyanucci
Does WiFi Hotspot / WiFi tethering work for you? I'm using this radio also and get an error when I try to use WiFi Hotpot. Curious if this is a Kernel or just a Rom issue as the same radio works fine with hotspot and other roms.

Built in tether doesn't work buy wireless_tether_2_0_2.apk works well, the newest one doesn't work though.

Guest DavideBeatrice

does gps works for you? Ive tried today and I waited for 5 mintues for the fix, but no chance...

Edited by DavideBeatrice

Guest TariqGibran
Built in tether doesn't work buy wireless_tether_2_0_2.apk works well, the newest one doesn't work though.

Thanks! That version is working great now. I had an older version which did not work.

Guest toyanucci
does gps works for you? Ive tried today and I waited for 5 mintues for the fix, but no chance...

My gps works fine. Fine it locates me quicker than other roms I've used

Guest R@v3n

Just switched to this version. Frequency display issue is still a problem. Tuning works but sometimes there is a delay between the actual tuning. Also, sometimes the initial frequency switch doesn't work and it needs another switch to tune. Will try and work on the kernel sometime. :angry:

Edited by R@v3n

Guest stepinmyworld

I just finished telling Paul how quick this Rom was. Excellent. The only issues I know of

1. Freezes up badly every now and then

2. Titanium backup keep saying permissions accepted while in the app

3. A lot of force closes on apps but allows you to send an error report

4. Friendstream not loading pictures right for Facebook

I'm sure you guys mentioned other things but I wanted to add my experienced issues too :-)

Fantastic job Paul. Thank you!

2. Titanium backup keep saying permissions accepted while in the app

This unfortunately is caused by Superuser 2.2.2, known bug. Happens in cyanogen 6 too, and can only be fixed by a Superuser update or downgrade to 2.1 (Paul suggested on Twitter he might offer the choice of 2.2.2 or 2.1 in the kitchens...)

Guest AndiTails
This unfortunately is caused by Superuser 2.2.2, known bug. Happens in cyanogen 6 too, and can only be fixed by a Superuser update or downgrade to 2.1 (Paul suggested on Twitter he might offer the choice of 2.2.2 or 2.1 in the kitchens...)

Just open Superuser from the Home/Menu, and disable the notification completely.

You'll still be asked to Grant when required - it just gets rid of the 'Toast' popup that hangs on the screen.

Just open Superuser from the Home/Menu, and disable the notification completely.

You'll still be asked to Grant when required - it just gets rid of the 'Toast' popup that hangs on the screen.

Yes however there's other issues with Superuser 2.2.2, notably with apps that load at boot and require SU permissions. They'll have a huge delay and sometimes won't work properly (try with "N1 torch" widget, or "setcpu" or whatnot.. there's a delay in them getting SU permission)

Guest Scott Ricketts

The problem linking the "me" account to all my accounts, plus having issues with mms sending, I've switched back to Paul's Froyo. Going to wait for this to get out of WIP status and then give it another shot.

The problem linking the "me" account to all my accounts, plus having issues with mms sending, I've switched back to Paul's Froyo. Going to wait for this to get out of WIP status and then give it another shot.

Me too. But I'm headed back to r22.1! Anyone else notice the twitchy-glitchy performance on the internet browser on FROYO (especially website w Flash content; and even w all software up to date)??? =(

Guest toyanucci
Me too. But I'm headed back to r22.1! Anyone else notice the twitchy-glitchy performance on the internet browser on FROYO (especially website w Flash content; and even w all software up to date)??? =(

Set browser plugins to on demand and browsing will be smooth. You can enable flash content by clicking on them.

Guest ChrisSpera
QUICK QUESTION? DID BLUETOOTH WORK ON ANY OF THESE DESIRE PORT ROMS?

I don't think so, which is one of the reasons why I don't stick with this ROM, even though I am very interested in it. I have 2 Nexus One Car Docks and actively use both. I'd like the car dock to activate the BT radio and pair with the dock, but since Bluetooth doesn't work with this ROM, it makes it a little hard to use the device while driving.

Guest enterusername

The radio will stop working if something interrupts it , and then you can never turn it back on even if you kill the process.

Is this a known bug?

If the mail alert interrupts it or sms alert or anything the radio won't turn back on :angry:

I hope this is being worked on, It would be very cool to listen to my nexus one fm radio!

Edited by enterusername