MCR r23 Development Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Not sure if its the Rom but my battery life is s*** took my phone off the charger 20 mins ago and I'm at 88%

Having a few battery issues myself. Can only get about 5 hours with moderate to heavy usage (medium system settings). =/

Edited by PS&E

Guest josito_zgz
just a heads up... video camera is not working for me in any resolution. anyone else have this problem?

I have this problem too..

Any solution? :angry:

Guest durtyjoe

i am using an undervolted kernel and underclocked/powersaved my phone with setcpu, its a little better now.

Guest newnoise1024

Only issue i have found is with the camera app. it stretches out all photos for some reason. i use my camera daily! hopefully this can be fixed :angry:

although i am getting the Telus desire tomorrow.... i still love my n1.

Guest ChrisSpera
Only issue i have found is with the camera app. it stretches out all photos for some reason. i use my camera daily! hopefully this can be fixed :angry:

although i am getting the Telus desire tomorrow.... i still love my n1.

I saw this. It only appears to be after you snap the pic. Look at the pic in the Gallery, and it should be fine. I haven't noticed anything wrong with picturs when I look at them AFTERwards in the Gallery.

Guest newnoise1024
I saw this. It only appears to be after you snap the pic. Look at the pic in the Gallery, and it should be fine. I haven't noticed anything wrong with picturs when I look at them AFTERwards in the Gallery.

i think its the widescreen setting.

the camera app stretches the image out to appear as though its widescreen, when you go to gallery its cropped.

weird

Guest techandroid

Same here. Problem with video recording.

Edited by techandroid

Guest iconoclastic

Very promising, but clearly still a work in progress. The lack of English(US) certainly makes the navigator voice amusing, I may just keep it on English(UK) even after this is fixed. On the other hand, selecting "accessibility" in settings causes the whole phone to freeze up and require a battery pull to recover.

Looking forward to a slightly more stable release however.

Guest MikeDaGeek
Very promising, but clearly still a work in progress. The lack of English(US) certainly makes the navigator voice amusing, I may just keep it on English(UK) even after this is fixed. On the other hand, selecting "accessibility" in settings causes the whole phone to freeze up and require a battery pull to recover.

Looking forward to a slightly more stable release however.

English (US) is the default language ... since you choose English(UK) when setting up it changed things for you ... I guessed and gambled when doing my initial setup that the default was US ...

and by golly I got's me a red neck tell'n me to turn tha'tway at the dead squirrl

*snicker*

Guest bulldog82
Is AP2SD+ suppose to work on this? As i can't get that to work..

Yes ; it works perfectly for me. I did a clean wipe of data, cache, dalvik, sd ext before I flash

Guest spinez

Thanks for the work Paul! Much appreciated.

My findings:

Battery life is horrendous like others have mentioned. Dropped over 50% in 2 years after first installing and reinstalling apps. Then I had to put the phone in airplane mode over night so my alarm would wake me up. When I took it off airplane mode this morning, I got a signal but was unable to send/receive sms. A reboot fixed this.

Also experienced a full freeze when clicking settings -> accessibility.

Back to r22 with an ir 800 kernel. Battery drain issue is a deal breaker for me right now.

On a side note, I have the default 2.1 sms app on my r22 baked rom. I baked this one with the default sms app but it is much different than 2.1s. Is there any way I can back up my existing sms app for use on future versions of the froyo sense build? I've tried just about every sms app out there and this one is by far the cleanest and best one for me.

Thanks again!

Guest durtyjoe

yeah, i can honestly say that battery life is the only thing thats killing me. everything else is not important to me, but I still use this as a daily rom with no intentions of changing.

thanks Paul

edit: and my video camera doesnt work which i like to use sometimes. it doesnt work on any resolution. just a heads up.

Edited by durtyjoe

Guest PeRKoniX
I hope Paul will not have to wait for the official kernel of Desire Froyo to get BT :/

It will last till November!!

The HTC's Sense kernel was already released for Android 2.1 and yet Paul (and others) have not been able to fix BT. So my guess is we still have the same issue once the sense kernel for Froyo gets released.

Guest anomalyconcept

I think one of the issues is that the Desire has a custom Bluetooth stack which is required for the FM radio. From what was discussed in one of the FM threads, there is no direct audio path for the FM tuner. Instead, the audio is encapsulated over some Bluetooth protocol, which is why the FM tuner doesn't just work out of the box on the Nexus One.

Having the kernel source probably helps a lot, but it's still reverse-engineering the BT stack to make it play nice.

I thought the default language was English (Ukranian), which is the closest there is to English (United States)? I too put it on UK English, haven't really noticed anything glaringly obvious (haven't use car home/navigation yet).

Guest MooMooz
I think one of the issues is that the Desire has a custom Bluetooth stack which is required for the FM radio. From what was discussed in one of the FM threads, there is no direct audio path for the FM tuner. Instead, the audio is encapsulated over some Bluetooth protocol, which is why the FM tuner doesn't just work out of the box on the Nexus One.

Having the kernel source probably helps a lot, but it's still reverse-engineering the BT stack to make it play nice.

I thought the default language was English (Ukranian), which is the closest there is to English (United States)? I too put it on UK English, haven't really noticed anything glaringly obvious (haven't use car home/navigation yet).

News widget/news displays UK news, and not US news lOl..

Guest KenAnthony
News widget/news displays UK news, and not US news lOl..

i left mine on the one that was already checked didnt change anything and mine is all english USA.. news and all... and i finally got the HTC_IME keyboard to work too!!!

Guest bpoecell

If anyone has functioning wifi, how did you get it? Mine just tries to connect, fails, then gets stuck in a loop and has to be turned off.