Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.4

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
So what does this mean?

What can we do with this?

Excuse my noobness! :)

It means we have a better recovery image for our devices which is flashable and updatable through an Android Application. It allows you to create and manage backups and install rom updates easily by clicking a few buttons. :D

It means we have a better recovery image for our devices which is flashable and updatable through an Android Application. It allows you to create and manage backups and install rom updates easily by clicking a few buttons. :)

Nice, but I can't find any wiping options, do I have to reboot in recovery-mode to do this?

Guest Totyasrác
Nice, but I can't find any wiping options, do I have to reboot in recovery-mode to do this?

When you are about to install a new ROM it asks two questions:

- wanna backups

- wanna wipe.

You can check either if you want to do so :)

Guest Totyasrác
ClockWorkMod Recovery 2.5.0.4 officially released for the Pulse! Download ROMManager and click "Install Recovery" and select "Huawei Pulse" from the list.

Done and working!

Cheers, mate!

(If you make it to Hungary any time you're my guest for a (couple of) beers :))

When you are about to install a new ROM it asks two questions:

- wanna backups

- wanna wipe.

You can check either if you want to do so :)

Oh, that's nice! :D

Guest Totyasrác
Oh, that's nice! :)

Oh, and forgot to mention: you can actually name the backup so it is a hell lot easier to find the one to restore (I have more than 10 backups, hard to pair up the backed up version with the date...).

:D

So it was worth waiting for ClockWorkMod Recovery - thanks a lot Flib (anf Koush of course!!!) :D

Guest Totyasrác
Flibblesan - do you think you could get optional updates put into the downloads thing for easier flashing.

Thanks

Aaron

As far as I know OTA feature is only for the paid version of the app... Otherwise I guess so :)

Guest Simon O
Flibblesan - do you think you could get optional updates put into the downloads thing for easier flashing.

Thanks

Aaron

It's planned :)

Guest ianmack

When I try and create a backup, my pulse reboots, adn then just sits at the T-Mobile screen for ever more.

Need to remove the battery to get it to boot again.

Any suggestions?

Guest whackster
When I try and create a backup, my pulse reboots, adn then just sits at the T-Mobile screen for ever more.

Need to remove the battery to get it to boot again.

Any suggestions?

Did you install the recovery first? It's the first option 'Flash ClockworkMoD Recovery'.

Guest Pakatus

Kinda the same.

Installed Rom Manager.

Installed ClockWorkRecovery with the official Pulse image.

But when i try to reboot into recovery it sticks at the red bull logo (cause my original 2.1 was the RB Mobile one).

btw...i'm using u8230...any ideas?

PS: Well, any operation...

Now i tried to backup the current rom, and it reboots...but doesnt leave the Red Bull Logo.

I noticed that Amon-Ra still is "on" here. Something i'm missing in the process?

PS2: any way to revert to stock recovery and then try the clockwork again?

Edited by Pakatus

Guest harrise
Kinda the same.

Installed Rom Manager.

But when i try to reboot into recovery it sticks at the red bull logo (cause my original 2.1 was the RB Mobile one).

Now i tried to backup the current rom, and it reboots...but doesnt leave the Red Bull Logo.

I noticed that Amon-Ra still is "on" here. Something i'm missing in the process?

Try whole process again. For me it worked out.

Guest arlindo.costa
Kinda the same.

Installed Rom Manager.

PS2: any way to revert to stock recovery and then try the clockwork again?

Have you tried flashing the clockwork recovery img the same way you flash the amonra img?

Guest Pakatus
Have you tried flashing the clockwork recovery img the same way you flash the amonra img?

Hmm nope...

i just tried to use the new "official" pulse image within rom manager.

But dont we need a file "img" to use fastboot?

Does anyone has the link to the img file, or we can use the mod from flibblesan zip?

Guest Simon O
When I click link for clockworkmodzip I get fibbles wibble 404 error not found is link down, is there another link..plz

Of course. No need for my hacked recovery since the official release is available. Download from the link above.

Edit: Added image to first page and also added a zip file containing image and batch files for flashing through fastboot.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest oOBENJYOo
Of course. No need for my hacked recovery since the official release is available. Download from the link above.

Edit: Added image to first page and also added a zip file containing image and batch files for flashing through fastboot.

Thank you kindly sir....... :)

( I have installed both tre and tmob but alas still no 3g, been trying to sort it for weeks now, our lass is going mental...its her phone, I know dont shout at me I will post in correct thread )

No paypal for donations?

Guest Simon O
Thank you kindly sir....... :D

( I have installed both tre and tmob but alas still no 3g, been trying to sort it for weeks now, our lass is going mental...its her phone, I know dont shout at me I will post in correct thread )

No paypal for donations?

First page of FLB-Mod has the link :)

Guest Totyasrác

Is that allright that after booting into recovery and selecting Dalvik wipe (and clicking "yes" of course) I am immediately back to menu? I mean nothing shows up like "Dalvik is wiped" or anything like that... With AmonRA it took about 1-2sec and was shown on screen what had been done...

Weird :)

Guest Simon O
Is that allright that after booting into recovery and selecting Dalvik wipe (and clicking "yes" of course) I am immediately back to menu? I mean nothing shows up like "Dalvik is wiped" or anything like that... With AmonRA it took about 1-2sec and was shown on screen what had been done...

Weird :)

Not sure. Might need to ask Koush.