Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.4

Guest Simon O

Guest Totyasrác
Not sure. Might need to ask Koush.

Do you have similar issue? I mean does it appear to do anything when asked for Dalvik wipin' for you?

Guest Simon O
Do you have similar issue? I mean does it appear to do anything when asked for Dalvik wipin' for you?

Does the same for me. Haven't even bothered to see if it's wiped dalvik or not.

It might not be looking in the right place for the dalvik-cache. Darktremor moves this to /system/sd/dalvik-cache if it's been moved to the SD card. I've reported it to Koush.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Totyasrác
Does the same for me. Haven't even bothered to see if it's wiped dalvik or not.

Is there any way to check that?

One more question: heard that creation of /sdcard/.android_secure folder is essential for backup/restore functionality. I have done that, created a backup but there's nothing created in that folder... Is this really necessery? (Haven't tried to restore the backup though...)

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest Simon O

One more question: heard that creation of /sdcard/.android_secure folder is essential for backup/restore functionality. I have done that, created a backup but there's nothing created in that folder... Is this really necessery? (Haven't tried to restore the backup though...)

I've asked Koush to check it. I think the recovery isn't seeing the dalvik-cache when moved to SD using Darktremor.

.android_secure is only used when an app has been installed with the copy protection bit enabled I believe.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest rulerofkaos
I've asked Koush to check it. I think the recovery isn't seeing the dalvik-cache when moved to SD using Darktremor.

.android_secure is only used when an app has been installed with the copy protection bit enabled I believe.

I recently wiped dalvik-cache with clockwork, the next boot takes more time then before, so I think if the dalvik-cache is rebuilt, it was wiped before.

Guest Totyasrác
I recently wiped dalvik-cache with clockwork, the next boot takes more time then before, so I think if the dalvik-cache is rebuilt, it was wiped before.

And where's your Dalvik? On SD or on device?

Guest rulerofkaos
And where's your Dalvik? On SD or on device?

It's on device, I didn't think about that. So it works on device, but doesn't show any message.

Guest goce.nakov
Seems that Clockwork does wipe dalvik if it's on the device but not if it's on SD. A simple fix I should imagine.

It is the same...I tried moving Dalvik on internal memory and do the wipe but same thing happening, no massage and I think no wipe, because I tried that when I wanted to install contact fix and got the same FC, wiping Dalvik or not.

So at the end I reinstalled all (and wiped ofc)

Guest rulerofkaos

Could it be that there is an official version of Clockwork-Mod for the Pulse? I installed it via Rom Manager and there was an option for Huawei Pulse an it works!

Guest whackster
Could it be that there is an official version of Clockwork-Mod for the Pulse? I installed it via Rom Manager and there was an option for Huawei Pulse an it works!

Yes there is, but it doesn't wipe the dalvik-cache if its moved to sd... Should be an easy fix, but there is still no word from koush on this... Everything else works like it should, even the download rom option should be possible soon :D (big up flibblesan)

Guest twrock

Related to this is something weird I noticed for the first time yesterday while working on updating to FLB 1.4.1.

While doing nandroid backup, I got this output:

No /sdcard/.android_secure found. Skipping backup of applications on external storage.

I don't recall seeing that before, and I thought previously my apps on SD were being backed up. But I could be mistaken.

Do other people have their apps on ext storage backed up with this recovery? If so, any ideas for me to get this working right?

Thanks.

Edit: After further experimentation, I still have no idea what it does or if it even matters. I created the .android_secure folder and then I no longer got the error message on backup. And I even installed a protected app after I made the folder and before the backup, but still there is nothing there. Oh well, whatever.

Edited by twrock

Guest Stitch15

there's an option to partition the sd card. If I do so, will I lose all my data on the sd card and also, whicht option is the best regarding the ext size? I use a 2Gb Sd by the way..

Last question: does this option give me more int. memory? Currently it's about 24 MB.

Thanks!

Guest Simon O
Related to this is something weird I noticed for the first time yesterday while working on updating to FLB 1.4.1.

While doing nandroid backup, I got this output:

No /sdcard/.android_secure found. Skipping backup of applications on external storage.

I don't recall seeing that before, and I thought previously my apps on SD were being backed up. But I could be mistaken.

Do other people have their apps on ext storage backed up with this recovery? If so, any ideas for me to get this working right?

Thanks.

Edit: After further experimentation, I still have no idea what it does or if it even matters. I created the .android_secure folder and then I no longer got the error message on backup. And I even installed a protected app after I made the folder and before the backup, but still there is nothing there. Oh well, whatever.

It's only used by the Froyo A2SD.

I have a question about your clockwork recovery image thingy. Whenever I do a nandroid backup, it takes SO much longer than it used to on the amon ra thingy to backup and restore.. I wondered if there was a quick way of doing it? Also, which option do I pick to simply flash a zip file like a new theme or something?

Guest Simon O
I have a question about your clockwork recovery image thingy. Whenever I do a nandroid backup, it takes SO much longer than it used to on the amon ra thingy to backup and restore.. I wondered if there was a quick way of doing it? Also, which option do I pick to simply flash a zip file like a new theme or something?

It takes longer because Clockwork checksums the files. This is so you can be sure that a backup is 100% going to work.

To flash updates use the same setting that you would use for roms which is "Install ZIP from sdcard" followed by "choose zip from sdcard"

Ah, probably for the best then. Thanks for the quick answer. :D

edit: Oh, what does Advanced Restore do that regular Restore doesn't?

Edited by Willz

Guest Simon O
Ah, probably for the best then. Thanks for the quick answer. :D

edit: Oh, what does Advanced Restore do that regular Restore doesn't?

Allows you to select which partitions to restore instead of everything.

Guest ringer

Installation guide: (easy)

Installation: (difficult)

How to install - Mac, Linux and OSX

Download recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.4-pulse.zip

Extract the archive.

Put your device in bootloader mode - turn if off, then tap the powerbutton while holding the 'Volume Down' and 'End (Red)' keys

Run the bat file to install recovery.

Mac/Linux users need to do "fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.4-pulse.img" to install recovery.

I have installed official UK2.1 on my Pulse and (as far as I can tell) my phone is not rooted any more (previously was using clockworkmod and FLB 1.2), so the 'easy' option with ROM Manager is not possible for me.

Trying the 'difficult' option (using Ubuntu on my PC)

Have downloaded clockwork 2.5.0.4 zip file from the above link and extracted the contents to a folder on my PC

Have put phone into bootloader (fastboot) mode as described above using PWR+VolDn+RED

Have connected my phone to PC using usb cable

Have opened a terminal window (in the extracted folder) and typed 'fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.4-pulse.img'

Am getting error (in terminal on PC) 'fastboot not found'

So what am I doing wrong? (fastboot file was not in the extracted zip file)

Edit: - solved this by following these instructions for putting fasboot binary in sdk/tools folder. Fastboot now works for me in the terminal

Edited by ringer

Guest adam p
Seems that Clockwork does wipe dalvik if it's on the device but not if it's on SD. A simple fix I should imagine.

Was this issue of the Dalvik cache not being wiped if it has been moved to the SD card resolved - it is the main reason I am not using Clockwork Recovery yet (Wiping Dalvik seems to fix various issues so I do it fairly regularly, I don't want to move it back to internal memory every time)

Thanks

Guest Daz555
Was this issue of the Dalvik cache not being wiped if it has been moved to the SD card resolved - it is the main reason I am not using Clockwork Recovery yet (Wiping Dalvik seems to fix various issues so I do it fairly regularly, I don't want to move it back to internal memory every time)

Thanks

You could always do it manually via command line in the terminal emulator. Just delete all the files.

su

cd /system/sd/dalvik-cache

rm *

Reboot phone.

Edited by Daz555

Guest Simon O

Thanks

Not yet but there is a new version of recovery coming soon. The issue was already reported and I made it clear that the same issue will affect any custom rom running Darktremor A2SD.

So hopefully... fingers crossed :huh:

Guest adam p
Not yet but there is a new version of recovery coming soon. The issue was already reported and I made it clear that the same issue will affect any custom rom running Darktremor A2SD.

So hopefully... fingers crossed :huh:

Thanks Flibblesan - I'll keep a look out for the next release