Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.4

Guest Simon O

Guest andy-andy
I have installed official UK2.1 on my Pulse and (as far as I can tell) my phone is not rooted any more (previously was using clockworkmod and FLB 1.2), so the 'easy' option with ROM Manager is not possible for me.

Trying the 'difficult' option (using Ubuntu on my PC)

Have downloaded clockwork 2.5.0.4 zip file from the above link and extracted the contents to a folder on my PC

Have put phone into bootloader (fastboot) mode as described above using PWR+VolDn+RED

Have connected my phone to PC using usb cable

Have opened a terminal window (in the extracted folder) and typed 'fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.4-pulse.img'

Am getting error (in terminal on PC) 'fastboot not found'

So what am I doing wrong? (fastboot file was not in the extracted zip file)

Edit: - solved this by following these instructions for putting fasboot binary in sdk/tools folder. Fastboot now works for me in the terminal

I am in the same situation too. Have been using official UK2.1 and want to install the FLB rom. Installed the Clockwork ROM Manager but it says phone must be rooted when I try to use it. There seems to be a missing link/step for noobies.

Is that what the 'easy' and 'difficult' installation guides meant? The 'difficult' one gets around the root issue? Can someone give me a step by step for dummies guide on how to do it from a non rooted UK2.1 rom? :huh: many thanks

Guest ringer
I am in the same situation too. Have been using official UK2.1 and want to install the FLB rom. Installed the Clockwork ROM Manager but it says phone must be rooted when I try to use it. There seems to be a missing link/step for noobies.

Is that what the 'easy' and 'difficult' installation guides meant? The 'difficult' one gets around the root issue? Can someone give me a step by step for dummies guide on how to do it from a non rooted UK2.1 rom? :huh: many thanks

My post that you just quoted explained all steps required, unless you are using windows, in which case you can find out the slightly different way to use fastboot from the original instructions.

Guest andy-andy
My post that you just quoted explained all steps required, unless you are using windows, in which case you can find out the slightly different way to use fastboot from the original instructions.

Yes, I am using windows. So you are saying that I can't do the 'easy' installation guide?

Guest andy-andy

Help...

I tried the 'difficult' installation:

Download recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.4-pulse.zip

Extract the archive.

Put your device in bootloader mode - turn if off, then tap the powerbutton while holding the 'Volume Down' and 'End (Red)' keys

Run the bat file to install recovery.

My phone is in bootloader mode and I ran the batch file install-recovery-windows.bat , but it is stucked at 'waiting for device'. What am I doing wrong?

Help...

I tried the 'difficult' installation:

Download recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.4-pulse.zip

Extract the archive.

Put your device in bootloader mode - turn if off, then tap the powerbutton while holding the 'Volume Down' and 'End (Red)' keys

Run the bat file to install recovery.

My phone is in bootloader mode and I ran the batch file install-recovery-windows.bat , but it is stucked at 'waiting for device'. What am I doing wrong?

have you installed drivers?

if not you can find them here: http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...ers-7-vista-xp/

Any chance nandroid restore and advanced restore can have a switch to disable checking of md5? I would like to use it to restore adhoc images (eg froyo) but at the moment you have to generate an md5 for everything which seems pointless.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

MY HAWEI IS TED....Hello, I am from Chile. :)

Trate de instalar FLBMOD 1.7, grabó algunos archivos y luego mi celular murió. Ahora Ejecuto Amon-Ra, tambien Recovery Clockwork para poder instalar la imagen. El problema que tengo es que Recovery y Amon-ra no los puedo iniciar despues. (Red+Menu+Power) y nada. Solo el logo de huawei con la pantalla blanca. Si me funcionan las teclas (Up Vol+red+Power) y tambien (Down Vol+red+Power) pero no logro nada.

Ayuda por favor. ¿Que hago para poder iniciar el recovery?.

Edited by rteke

Guest DanWilson
MY HAWEI IS TED....Hello, I am from Chile. :)

Trate de instalar FLBMOD 1.7, grabó algunos archivos y luego mi celular murió. Ahora Ejecuto Amon-Ra, tambien Recovery Clockwork para poder instalar la imagen. El problema que tengo es que Recovery y Amon-ra no los puedo iniciar despues. (Red+Menu+Power) y nada. Solo el logo de huawei con la pantalla blanca. Si me funcionan las teclas (Up Vol+red+Power) y tambien (Down Vol+red+Power) pero no logro nada.

Ayuda por favor. ¿Que hago para poder iniciar el recovery?.

IN ENGLISH - "Try installing FLBMOD 1.7, recorded some files and then my phone died. Now run Amon-Ra, also Clockwork Recovery to install the image. The problem I have is that Amon-ra Recovery and I can not start later. (Menu + Red + Power) and nothing. Only huawei logo with the white screen. If I run the keys (Vol Up + Power + network) and also (Down Vol + Network + Power) but not achieving anything.

Help please. What do I do to start the recovery?."

Menu + Red + Power should work, just keep holding it in. If that doesn't work, there is also fastboot, but I'd prefer someone of your native language to explain that, just incase Google doesn't work right.

Menú + Rojo + energía debería funcionar, sólo seguir manteniéndolo pulg Si eso no funciona, también hay fastboot, pero yo preferiría a alguien de su lengua materna para explicar que, sólo en caso de Google no funciona bien.

Menú + Rojo + energía debería funcionar, sólo seguir manteniéndolo pulg Si eso no funciona, también hay fastboot, pero yo preferiría a alguien de su lengua materna para explicar que, sólo en caso de Google no funciona bien.

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys, I just bought my pulse on ebay and wanted to flash the cyanogen mod.. but I´ve got some serious problems by installing the clockwork.. i tab on the install clockwork revovery and a sec later it says install successfull, but when i boot into recovevery mode i still got the old image..

device is flashed with 2.2 update HU and rooted.

please help :rolleyes:

Alex

Guest AntonioPT
hey guys, I just bought my pulse on ebay and wanted to flash the cyanogen mod.. but I´ve got some serious problems by installing the clockwork.. i tab on the install clockwork revovery and a sec later it says install successfull, but when i boot into recovevery mode i still got the old image..

device is flashed with 2.2 update HU and rooted.

please help :rolleyes:

Alex

You can always try installing the alternative way. Download the zip file on the first post of this topic. Extract it, connect your phone to the PC and then run "install-fastboot-windows.bat" (or something like that). Then when it's done, reboot the phone (remove the battery), enter recovery and clockworkmod should be installed! From there you can then flash cyanogenmod.

You can always try installing the alternative way. Download the zip file on the first post of this topic. Extract it, connect your phone to the PC and then run "install-fastboot-windows.bat" (or something like that). Then when it's done, reboot the phone (remove the battery), enter recovery and clockworkmod should be installed! From there you can then flash cyanogenmod.

tnks! problem was the key sequence for the recovery mode was not holding the 'Volume Down' and 'End (Red)' keys as quoted in the first post it was power + end + menu

Guest spanner44

When I have just done a full wipe in clockwork, I get this :

Formatting DATA...

Formatting CACHE...

Formatting SDEXT...

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

(File exists)

Error mounting /sd-ext/!

Skipping format...

Formatting SDCARD:/.android_secure...

Data Wipe Complete

does anyone know what it means, and how I can Fix it please

Edited by spanner44

Guest spanner44
When I have just done a full wipe in clockwork, I get this :

Formatting DATA...

Formatting CACHE...

Formatting SDEXT...

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

(File exists)

Error mounting /sd-ext/!

Skipping format...

Formatting SDCARD:/.android_secure...

Data Wipe Complete

does anyone know what it means, and how I can Fix it please

Out of interest when I have used astro file manager and looked at the files, I see this for sd-ext

name : sd-ext

size : 0 Bytes

permission : d--

modified : 2010-11-12 15:15:33

Number of files : 0

device Free Size : 0

Device total Size : 0

Does anyone know if this is related and how I can fix it so that I can do a full wipe in Clockwork, so I won't also get the error regarding it mounting.

• 1 month later...
Guest PaBliLlo

Hi, I've installed Clockwork but when I boot in recovery mode the device reboots after few seconds. I've installed from PC, because the phone isn't rooted.

I've used AmonRA for backup and it worked fine, but doesn't works for this ROM. What can I do? Thanks!

Guest AntonioPT
Hi, I've installed Clockwork but when I boot in recovery mode the device reboots after few seconds. I've installed from PC, because the phone isn't rooted.

I've used AmonRA for backup and it worked fine, but doesn't works for this ROM. What can I do? Thanks!

Do you actually see the Clockwork menu or you don't see it at all?

Guest IBeastI

cant enter recovery mode :)

rooted my phone with z4root, instaled rom manager, installed clockwork, and tried rebooting into recovery but it stops at t-mobile sign and nothing happens....

cant install clockwork with usb coz of broken port....

anyone got any advice?

Guest AntonioPT
cant enter recovery mode :)

rooted my phone with z4root, instaled rom manager, installed clockwork, and tried rebooting into recovery but it stops at t-mobile sign and nothing happens....

cant install clockwork with usb coz of broken port....

anyone got any advice?

Try installing Quick Boot from the Market, then opening the app and clicking Recovery to reboot into recovery.

Guest IBeastI
Try installing Quick Boot from the Market, then opening the app and clicking Recovery to reboot into recovery.

same thing happens

can clockwork install improperly? i had to click twice or three time when i tried to install it. and if so can it be fixed somehow?

can i remove it, installing the stock recovery than trying it again?

i tried flashing stock 2.1 but it didnt help