[THEME] Espresso MOD [07/10/2010]

Guest ogiogi

You have changed the carrier text? Or have I read that wrong?

(Dammit that feels familiar - "have I read that wrong" *shivers* - De Ja Vu)

HOW! This alone would make me turn Éclair again.

(Google Chrome auto-correct (Or Ubuntu's) doesn't like the words "Google, Ubuntu, Froyo, partay, and so on. WTF?)

The carrier text color is changed on the Froyo Espresso Theme too :lol:

Edited by ogiogi

Guest DanWilson
Haha no. I've made it white :lol:

post-656233-1285100767_thumb.png

I don't get it, what was the problem in the first place?

I thought that "Telefonica O2 UK Limited" just wouldn't fit, and you tried to either change it, or hide it.

I don't get it, what was the problem in the first place?

I thought that "Telefonica O2 UK Limited" just wouldn't fit, and you tried to either change it, or hide it.

Ogiogi,

Loving the circle battery! Top work. :)

One slight problem... Any chance of tweaking the Operator dialogue in the taskbar:

snap20100920_181415.png

:lol: Not my fault O2 decide to display "Telefonica O2 UK Limited" - I would have been happy with just "O2 - UK" like my Nokia 6310 displays...

Guest DanWilson

Ah, I see.

Lulz. When'd you hit 1000 posts? Why not have a partay like me?

(Is that thing still open... :lol: )

(That quote failed a lot... Meh)

(EDIT - OMGZ0RZ!! IT'S STILL OPEN!! - Mods have been kind to me...)

Edited by DanWilson

Hey that's better! Nice work Ogiogi!

snap20100921_223401.png

Although, I found the hard way that I flashed the wrong zip first and ended up in a reboot loop :lol: Guess I'm not running a T-Mobile UK based ROM after all :) Although I thought FLB1.6 was based on a UK ROM.... :(

Anyway, created this: Expresso_MOD_CB_FLB161svc.zip

It's Black Expresso MOD Circle Battery with services.jar from FLB1.6 ROM for anyone else using FLB1.6 ROM who flashed the wrong zip like I did.

Process is:

1. Reboot into Recovery
  2. Mount USB and copy Expresso_MOD_CB_FLB161svc.zip to SD
  3. Flash Expresso_MOD_CB_FLB161svc.zip
  4. Clear Dalvik Cache
  5. Reboot

Always wanted to learn how to create signed zips. Now I know! :)

(Yea yea I know.... Nandriod backup next time!)

- Chris

Edited by chall32

Hey that's better! Nice work Ogiogi!

Although, I found the hard way that I flashed the wrong zip first and ended up in a reboot loop :lol: Guess I'm not running a T-Mobile UK based ROM after all :) Although I thought FLB1.6 was based on a UK ROM.... :(

(Yea yea I know.... Nandriod backup next time!)

- Chris

Is your dalvik cache on sd?

No, dalvik cache is on phone. Still running on the stock 2GB class 2 SD.

Don't know what happened then :). Flashed it my self and it worked on stock T-Mobile UK. Maybe it's not compatible with FLB :lol:

Hm. Forgot about that. Happened to me on Roaming. I had two rows of network operator name displayed :lol: . Gonna fix that ASAP.

For the Telefonica O2 UK Limited problem, you could just hex edit /system/lib/libril-qc-1.so to show what you want (I have it as 'O2 - UK')

I flash circle battery in recovery,but stop at boot image when reboot,anyone know why?my rom is uk2.1

Which one did u flash and how long did you wait for the phone to boot. The UK only one wipes dalvik cache so first boot takes a while.

Guest mojingxian
Which one did u flash and how long did you wait for the phone to boot. The UK only one wipes dalvik cache so first boot takes a while.

I flash Espresso MOD CB.zip but also Espresso MOD CB TM.zip,each one I did reupdate ROM before flash .zip file,but they all stop at boot image.

I knew flash Espresso MOD with circle battery would take a long time while first boot,but it did not boot successful as i had wait for 20 minutes.

another testing.....

(1)I flash flb-mod 1.6b in recovery and directly flash Espresso MOD CB.zip,stop at boot image.

(2)flash flb-mod 1.6b,reboot,enter recovery from quickboot,flash Espresso MOD CB.zip,reboot,there was circle battery in status bar,it seems update Espresso MOD CB.zip successful.

I flash Espresso MOD CB.zip but also Espresso MOD CB TM.zip,each one I did reupdate ROM before flash .zip file,but they all stop at boot image.

I knew flash Espresso MOD with circle battery would take a long time while first boot,but it did not boot successful as i had wait for 20 minutes.

another testing.....

(1)I flash flb-mod 1.6b in recovery and directly flash Espresso MOD CB.zip,stop at boot image.

(2)flash flb-mod 1.6b,reboot,enter recovery from quickboot,flash Espresso MOD CB.zip,reboot,there was circle battery in status bar,it seems update Espresso MOD CB.zip successful.

Oh. You didn't mention that you flashed FLB before :). You should always boot your new flashed ROM first and then reboot in recovery and flash the theme. Glad it worked out now. Enjoy your circle battery MOD :lol:

Guest mojingxian
Oh. You didn't mention that you flashed FLB before :). You should always boot your new flashed ROM first and then reboot in recovery and flash the theme. Glad it worked out now. Enjoy your circle battery MOD :lol:

No,first i just flash circle battery mod in UK2.1,it still could't work,so I flash FLB mod,and later flash cirle battery mod.

Anyway,it work. :(

Although, I found the hard way that I flashed the wrong zip first and ended up in a reboot loop :lol: Guess I'm not running a T-Mobile UK based ROM after all B) Although I thought FLB1.6 was based on a UK ROM.... B)

- Chris

I've removed the clear cache command and flashed it on FLB 1.7 and it works :lol:

post-656233-1285795396_thumb.png

Oh My!

post-656233-1285845413_thumb.png

Another HUAWEI mystery solved B)

Turns out it was in [b]framework-res.apk[/b]
[b]
res/values/styles.xml[/b]

[b]HUAWEI modification: [/b][color="#FF0000"]<item name="textColorHighlight">@color/hw_textColorHighlight</item>[/color]
[b]STOCK ANDROID:[/b] [color="#FF0000"]<item name="textColorHighlight">#ffaede3d</item>[/color] ("#ffaede3d" is the highlight color)[/codebox]

Fixed frameworks are uploading :lol:

EDIT: Updated Black bar and Black bar with Circle Battery themes are UP. Fixed vanilla bar theme will be available later.

Edited by ogiogi

Guest TaiwanCHT8k
Oh My!

post-656233-1285845413_thumb.png

Another HUAWEI mystery solved :lol:

Turns out it was in [b]framework-res.apk[/b]
[b]
res/values/styles.xml[/b]

[b]HUAWEI modification: [/b][color="#FF0000"]<item name="textColorHighlight">@color/hw_textColorHighlight</item>[/color]
[b]STOCK ANDROID:[/b] [color="#FF0000"]<item name="textColorHighlight">#ffaede3d</item>[/color] ("#ffaede3d" is the highlight color)[/codebox]

Fixed frameworks are uploading B)

EDIT: Updated Black bar and Black bar with Circle Battery themes are UP. Fixed vanilla bar theme will be available later.

:lol: love it

would you mind making highlights blue in stock framework-res.apk for me to start with?

decompiling and modifying xmls are so complicated B)

Guest igor_anta

would you mind making highlights blue in stock framework-res.apk for me to start with?

+1 on that B) Maybe #56A5EC is just right.

+1 on that B) Maybe #56A5EC is just right.

Stock T-mobile UK framework with blue text highlight :lol:

framework_res.zip

Guest TaiwanCHT8k
Gracias B)

EDIT: I just noticed I'm not seeing a res/values/styles.xml, or even a values folder for that matter :lol:

you have to decompile everything to see it