I9000XWJM1 is now online

Guest hihihehe

Guest M4rk0
Hi all,

i have flashed my galaxy s with this firmware but i notice i can't let the browser run flash light(i already flagged option->plug-in in the browser). Do u have the same problem? how to solve it?

Sorry guy's for reposting but i got no answear? can someone explain me how to let adobe flash light work on the browser? Have i to download it or what?

Edited by M4rk0

Guest DistortedLoop
I notice a lot of people on xda mentioning that after flashing this rom their battery levels are not being reported correctly and they have to reset their battery stats.

Anyone else noticed this here? no remove charger message etc when battery hits 100%?

Personally, I would consider that message not being there to be a plus. It's annoying and this is the only phone I've owned that does it.

I would assume that as with flashing pretty much anything that has a firmware, it's advisable to do it with the battery fully charged. I have no clue if this is the cause of the problems here though as I don't intend to do it "the wrong way" just to test my point. :(

I've never heard that it's advisable to flash a ROM on 100% battery before. Always the warning is to make sure you've got enough juice to make sure you don't die during the process.

Guest dan 6a
I have tried it and I need help. I used odin 13 and have tried with and without repartition

When the phone reboots it states

E:cant mount /dev/block/stl10

(invalid argument)

E:copy_dbdata_media:cant mount DBDATA:

copy default media content failed

I get 4 options - reboot - it goes through the motions and then goes to a black screen and then nothing

I have tried the other options all with the same result

Any ideas

I am having same problems, I flashed then cleared cache then reboot then flash using pit 13 and partition and it loads into black screen :(

please please help

**Edit had to flash back to JG5.

JM2 is downloading slowly soill try that next

Edited by dan 6a

Guest Mike Beecham
I am having same problems, I flashed then cleared cache then reboot then flash using pit 13 and partition and it loads into black screen :(

please please help

**Edit had to flash back to JG5.

JM2 is downloading slowly soill try that next

I had that problem last night, until I used JG5 and PIT 12. I then re-flashed this morning with JM1 and PIT 12 and everything worked well.

Try that

Guest Kilack
Personally, I would consider that message not being there to be a plus. It's annoying and this is the only phone I've owned that does it.

I've never heard that it's advisable to flash a ROM on 100% battery before. Always the warning is to make sure you've got enough juice to make sure you don't die during the process.

I don't think you are getting it, it doesn't display the message because it doesn't think its charged properly.

eg the battery needs recalibrating.

its a well known issue that after flashing lots of times the battery stats can get mucked up so you lose a percentage of your battery basically sometimes so small you dont notice.

Edited by Kilack

Guest mickeko

It's something that I suggest ever since I worked with laptop support. Some old IBM laptops even refused to update the firmware at all unless the batteries were fully charged mainly because of battery calibration issues (as I was told by an IBM tech anyway, I've never had a reason to doubt that).

Guest DistortedLoop
I don't think you are getting it, it doesn't display the message because it doesn't think its charged properly.

eg the battery needs recalibrating.

its a well known issue that after flashing lots of times the battery stats can get mucked up so you lose a percentage of your battery basically sometimes so small you dont notice.

Not sure I like the way you phrased that. ;-)

Anyways, just delete batterystats.bin if you think the thing's mucked up. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=722862

Guest seraphine

I've noticed one difference: The unlock screen is a LOT harder to unlock now. Vertical sweeps almost never unlock now, and sideways sweeps have to be longer in swiping distance...

Guest Andrew Luecke
I've noticed one difference: The unlock screen is a LOT harder to unlock now. Vertical sweeps almost never unlock now, and sideways sweeps have to be longer in swiping distance...

That's good.. Have they added an option to remove the media player from the lock screen? Because I find when its in my pocket, I have to use a different lockscreen or the finger-line-coded one or else I always swipe the music player stop button

Guest alkysteve
That's good.. Have they added an option to remove the media player from the lock screen? Because I find when its in my pocket, I have to use a different lockscreen or the finger-line-coded one or else I always swipe the music player stop button

It's still there on JM2 (didn't have JM1 long enough to notice) but there is a music player bit but you have to swipe down on a CD picture (includes the album art if its there too) first before you see the controls - I quite like having the feature but this seems less clumsy

Guest Andrew Luecke
It's still there on JM2 (didn't have JM1 long enough to notice) but there is a music player bit but you have to swipe down on a CD picture (includes the album art if its there too) first before you see the controls - I quite like having the feature but this seems less clumsy

I'd like the feature too.. If I didn't find it was so darned sensitive. Whilst I haven't proven its their lock screen causing my music to stop playing intermittently, I find when using the ICE lockscreen (with a slider), or the coded one, the problem no longer occurs.

So if anyone from samsung is listening, please make it an option :(