MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest gianton
a quick way to check i to go into your applications, go to htc sense, force stop it and hit the clear defaults button. Then press the home key and it will give you an option of which launcher you wish to use.

i just did that and it gives me two options: htc sense and launcher.

i am on r6/wip

Guest subvertbeats
Just downloaded using Chrome about 30 mins ago.

Thanks le_lutin - turned out to be because Chrome had updated itself and was waiting for a re-start

Guest tommo123
a quick way to check i to go into your applications, go to htc sense, force stop it and hit the clear defaults button. Then press the home key and it will give you an option of which launcher you wish to use.

it's launcher - it's clear now. still not sure why it popped up on every reboot to ask me which one i wanted though,

ah well. see if it happens next time i use this rom :(

Guest rameses

Installed on top of r5 with no wipe.

Looks good and seems to be a bit faster. Battery life is definately better and the radio seems to be more stable (I used to loose 3G connection all the time).

Everything's nearly right, in my opinion.

Guest teunke99

Hello there,

since HTC isn't giving me a hint on when Froyo is being released I'm really doubting to root and install this r6. Can somebody tell me why I should or shouldn't do this? e.g. how's battery life on this one compared to the stock rom?

thanx already

Danny

Guest Joshua03

Hello,

there is a bug in the German language.

In some applications, only numbers are displayed instead of the weeks name.

e.g.

Wetter.com App

Setting the alarm clock at the default Android Desk Clock

DigiClock Widget

Furthermore, there is no HTC wallpapers.

[Edit]

Sorry, I meant of course weekday name

post-600632-1280261065_thumb.png

post-600632-1280261098_thumb.png

post-600632-1280261112_thumb.png

post-600632-1280261138_thumb.png

Edited by Joshua03

Guest marcuso
Hello,

e.g.

Wetter.com App

DigiClock Widget

I can confirm this. Seems that some localazations (week-days, ...) are missing. This can be seen in other apps as well - basically in almost every app that used to display week-days properly in 2.1 (mcr 3.1). (HTC-apps like HTC weather and clock seem to be fine)

Edited by marcuso

Hi very often when i click send on a text message. It says Message whatever has been forced to close and the text dont send. Does anyone else get this or no a fix? thanks

Guest Pradi
Hello,

e.g.

Wetter.com App

DigiClock Widget

Same Problem in r5.

Guest V I R U S

Hello everyone. I'm pretty noobish here and have some questions.

1. I have rooted 2.1update1. Is flashing to this rom possible thru Clockworks Rom Mod?

2. Is this image rooted?

3. Is update for Radio necessary?

Thanks for all answers!

Guest Nicke
Hello everyone. I'm pretty noobish here and have some questions.

1. I have rooted 2.1update1. Is flashing to this rom possible thru Clockworks Rom Mod?

2. Is this image rooted?

3. Is update for Radio necessary?

Thanks for all answers!

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Unsure.

Updating the radio gives you 720p video recording. I don't know if you need the radio to cancel echo.

Guest Jamien

What's peoples battery usage like when the phone is locked (screen off), sync on, 3g on, wifi/bluetooth off.

I don't have anything on in the background, other than setCPU and Adv task killer and it seems to be using 1% - 2% every hour.

Not sure if this is normal because previously I just had the stock battery indicator. Now I use the circular one with a percentage.

Guest Diggedy
Hello there,

since HTC isn't giving me a hint on when Froyo is being released I'm really doubting to root and install this r6. Can somebody tell me why I should or shouldn't do this? e.g. how's battery life on this one compared to the stock rom?

thanx already

Danny

to be honest the only reason I rooted was for apps2sd. I was always running out of storage space. It is faster, I don't get as much lag playing gameloft games.

If you want to theme your phone then that's another good reason to root. Beyond these reasons there's very little reason to in my opinion

Guest Jamien
to be honest the only reason I rooted was for apps2sd. I was always running out of storage space. It is faster, I don't get as much lag playing gameloft games.

If you want to theme your phone then that's another good reason to root. Beyond these reasons there's very little reason to in my opinion

Another good reason is to remove bloatware if you have a branded phone.

Telstra (australia) branded desires come with about 20 links in the app screen which are just bookmarks to websites, removed a button in music player and replaced with a stupid bigpond link and added a "send a card" link in the message app.

Guest Paul..
What's peoples battery usage like when the phone is locked (screen off), sync on, 3g on, wifi/bluetooth off.

I don't have anything on in the background, other than setCPU and Adv task killer and it seems to be using 1% - 2% every hour.

Not sure if this is normal because previously I just had the stock battery indicator. Now I use the circular one with a percentage.

Everybody's experience will be different of course, as usage varies, but for me I am now on 26% after 26hours and 30mins. My config is this R6 2.2 ROM, WiFi on always, bluetooth off, GPS on always, 3G on always, syncing/sending with 4 Gmail accounts and one POP3 account. About 40 minutes of voice calls, roughly 60 minutes of podcasts/music, several Foursquare checkins, a dozen or so text messages, minimal browsing in this session (5-10 mins only), bit of playing with various settings and light general use.

I'm pretty happy with that and it mirrors what I was seeing with the stock Telstra ROM which I came from prior to this root/ROM upgrade. I've just tried to use it as I would normally where I was getting roughly 30-36 hours between recharges. YMMV!

[edited to add: I'm also running the circle % battery so I can now see the exact %s]

Edited by Paul..

Guest McPondy

Hi guys, I am having a problem sending mms using R6 and the default Android messaging app, it crashes when I hit send, sms seems to be ok so far. Anyone else finding this?

Edited by McPondy

Guest Sidewindr
to fix usb plug bug u must do all wipes , the other problem with titanium, just try mybackup pro it works perfect

Restoring the old "Settings Storage 2.2" item from earlier versions is the culprit I have determined .. I restore all but this and the USB connection always asks me again :(

Guest Blackfish79
Hello,

e.g.

Wetter.com App

DigiClock Widget

[Edit]

Sorry, I meant of course weekday name

in swiss german the weekdays are shown right...

Guest Erez Tavor
hey paul, small request if possible

since /system/ is partially odexed for this rom we can't insert RTL correction for numbers, could you maybe insert the files for us (hebrew and arabic speakers) or add an option to include it in the kitchen?

I've included the files just incase

would be much appreciated!

+1

Guest Blackfish79
When I stopped using the Screenlock-Pattern I wasn´t able to stop alarms on my Desire without shutting the phone down.

with the stock android screenlock you must use the stock android clock...

Guest marcuso
Same Problem in r5.

Does someone know where those things (localizations) are stored ? Maybe there is the possibility to edit the files accordingly ?

EDIT: talking about the missing german localization for weekdays which shows in different apps.

Edited by marcuso

Guest Joshua03
in swiss german the weekdays are shown right...

Sorry, but I couldn't find Swiss (German).

There's only German (Switzerland) with the same bug.